Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which Food Did (Or Will) You Miss the Most?

I am only 4 wks out, 6 if u count the pre-op liquid fast. Weirdly, I REALLY miss and crave fresh fruit and veggies, including salad. Those are not what made me fat, but now that I can't have them... And I understand from other "lifers" that lettuce - - I love romaine--may be but a distant memory for me now. Of course, I have fleeting thoughts of ice cream, chocolate and donuts, but gotta think of them as poison now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

At this stage I don't miss anything.

Foods that I craved in the past, such as chocolate and ice-cream, made me sick, so I don't miss them.

I would miss coffee if I couldn't have it, but coffee is fine with me.

My tastes have changed, and my body likes healthy food now, food that does not make me sick, but makes me feel better.

Were not supposed to have almonds?? That's my every day snack!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Almonds are fine, but you have to be conscientious about how many you have. Plus the concentrated fat may make some people dump.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I typically split a serving between 2 Snacks (28 almonds total). Is that too many do you think?

For me, it's a no brainer.

Pasta. I miss Pasta. :(

I am now over 5 years post op, and my sleeve will not tolerate pasta. Not even a forkful, without the yuckies or dumping.

Please, do not suggest "veggie" strands of any kind as a substitute. Pasta is pasta.

So, here I am eating "Miracle Noodles", missing pasta, --------and counting my blessings. :)

It's probably a blessing in disguise!

I'm truly going to miss sushi. The first date with my beautiful wife was to sushi. The night we were married, sushi. Our first anniversary, sushi. Half of our anniversaries, sushi. We have made a 7 hour round trip just to go for sushi.

Why can't you have sushi without the rice? I love sushi and the small portions are perfect for going to dinner for us

I am Scotch/Irish which means I am cheap. The part that ticks me off is I will NEVER go to an all you can eat buffet. EVER. Those buggers got my last dime pre-surgery, I know I will never eat enough to make it worth while to ever go in there again.

I miss Chinese food, but I'm also learning a lot about restraint and I think in time I'll be able to indulge every once in a while in a little General Tso's chicken as long as I have it slowly and in moderation. I'm also planning to "budget" for it, so maybe do a shake or two for meals outside of my food that I want, keep my calorie intake down so on the day I want my "Treat" food I can afford it.

Cannnn we talk more about sushi??? Getting sleeved 7/22 and definitely did not consider that I couldn't eat sashimi?!? Can someone confirm this?? I don't need a sushi bomb roll, but I LOVE sashimi! :(

Nothing really. I don't crave burgers, fries or sweets like I used to. I live with a family of 7 and middle eastern food is either deep fried or greasy as hell. bread, red meat and rice is our staple food. Every meal is served with bread. Yet none of my family members are unhealthy weight wise.. They eat whatever they want. When I look at their food and if I want some, I will take a couple of bites and try to eat it without the bread. If I try it with bread, with in a couple of bites, I am satisfied.

I can and I will.

Edited by Lema

Cannnn we talk more about sushi??? Getting sleeved 7/22 and definitely did not consider that I couldn't eat sashimi?!? Can someone confirm this?? I don't need a sushi bomb roll, but I LOVE sashimi! :(

Sashimi (just the fish) is good to go. Sushi has the rice.

Cherry Coke Zero. sigh.

I eat it all the time. I have for six months post surgery.

I'm truly going to miss sushi. The first date with my beautiful wife was to sushi. The night we were married, sushi. Our first anniversary, sushi. Half of our anniversaries, sushi. We have made a 7 hour round trip just to go for sushi.

You can stick with only sashimi? That's how i survive!

I miss Spicy Pad Thai, bread, rice and Pasta. Pasta, fish and Vitamins make me vomit. I can eat crispy bread a little at a time. I haven't even tried rice or rice noodles. I miss cheeseburgers. Just not the same without the bun. I miss beer. I'm 3 pounds from goal and 8 months out. I drink a lot of coffee, eat Protein bars, cheese, meat and occasionally crackers, nuts or popcorn. I love salad and baked potatoes (white or sweet). It's a different life, but I have no regrets!

Crazy to say I miss subway's spicy Italian with all the veg on flat bread

Shantell500

Not a big Pasta fan, don't care a lot about sweets.

I'll miss chicken fried steaks with mashed potatoes and gravy,

Big ol' greasy cheeseburgers,

Fried chicken,

Mexcan food, especially chiles rellenos.