Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am Saudi girl and I am culturally diverse

I had my surgery on June 7th, 2016. In Saudi, we don't have organized support groups which makes it difficult. It have been more than a month and my energy still down and I suffer from nausea.

Anyone out there who would be willing to be my buddy? I would like someone who would be willing to video chat because it would feel more genuine and real than chatting.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome!

Let me know if you can't find anyone else. My internet is down. I could FaceTime from my phone on occasion but you may want to see if you can find someone more available.

I am in the US.

I know there are some folks on here who are geographically closer to you.

How are you doing getting in your Protein and fluids? When do you get nausea? When you drink Water? When you take Vitamins? Other times?

That's so sweet of you to respond to my post. I am having one Protein shake a day (14 gram of protein) also, I am trying get the rest from cottage cheese and fish. But to be honest , I don't feel like eating at all.

As far as the Vitamins, I am having Them with my meals. I am taking Centrum, caletre, Biotin, Iron on a daily basis and Vitamin D once a week. Also, I am getting B12 injunction every two weeks .

I have been trying to get my 2 liters of Water daily but it's tough.

About the nausea, today I was nauseous after I had my Protein Shake I didn't finish it but I just it did not sit well in my stomach.sometimes I get nauseous after I work out I think my sports bra might be tight and it's actually squeezing my incision but I don't know if that is the reason

Tell me about you ,

When did you have your surgery? How do you feel after you eat?

How do you get your Protein?

I was sleeved in April of 2015, so I am over a year out. I have lost over 200 pounds from my highest weight and still have quite a ways to go.

Fortunately, I have rarely experienced nausea or other issues related to eating. For me, drinking plain Water was the hardest thing to do post-op.

I get my 100 grams of Protein by eating a lot of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, turkey, Beans, chicken, fish, cheese, etc.

Yes. I won't say it was easy, but I have been able to reach or exceed my Protein target of 100 grams a day, every day with about two exceptions since the day after I came home from surgery.

Has anyone given you IV fluids? Maybe that is what is needed?

Also, nausea, I don't know what they do in S.A. but here, Zofran can be given dissolvable on the tongue (an oncologist would be more familiar with it) and you can give shots in the IV that will help. There are pills but pills and I can have an adversarial relationship unless its tiny tiny.

I had nausea but I also had other GI problems. There can be other things going on, or maybe you need to go back to lighter stuff until your tummy can take it.

Hello @@Alaa1986,

I had my surgery June 28th. So far so good with no problems. So sorry to hear your battling nausea. Hopefully it will pass soon, inshallah!! My best friend was sleeved in Beirut, Lebanon years ago and I know she had told me there were not any support groups.

Btw, I used to live in the Middle East (Kuwait). I miss it!!! Especially the Food. My best friend lives in Amman, Jordan and my husband works in Saudi.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Has anyone given you IV fluids? Maybe that is what is needed?

Also, nausea, I don't know what they do in S.A. but here, Zofran can be given dissolvable on the tongue (an oncologist would be more familiar with it) and you can give shots in the IV that will help. There are pills but pills and I can have an adversarial relationship unless its tiny tiny.

I had nausea but I also had other GI problems. There can be other things going on, or maybe you need to go back to lighter stuff until your tummy can take it.

My nausea comes and goes. Hopefully it's not that serious.

I appreciate your response.

Hello @@Alaa1986,

I had my surgery June 28th. So far so good with no problems. So sorry to hear your battling nausea. Hopefully it will pass soon, inshallah!! My best friend was sleeved in Beirut, Lebanon years ago and I know she had told me there were not any support groups.

Btw, I used to live in the Middle East (Kuwait). I miss it!!! Especially the Food. My best friend lives in Amman, Jordan and my husband works in Saudi.

It's exciting to hear from people and I am happy for you that you are doing well with your surgery.

How is exercising?

How is your energy level?

My energy has been nonexistent until a couple of days ago when I could start stage two of thin Soups, sugar free puddings, etc. I now feel enough energy to start going for walks. How is your nausea?

My energy has been nonexistent until a couple of days ago when I could start stage two of thin Soups, sugar free puddings, etc. I now feel enough energy to start going for walks. How is your nausea?

My nausea is getting better. I am trying to eat Soup as my first meal and walk after 30 minutes .

Do you have Line app? My ID is Losh.aries

Sorry, not sure what a line app is. Help