Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I have to ask...are things going too well? Am I overdoing it?

Hey guys. I have a stupid question. Am I supposed to feel this good?

I had surgery at around noon on Thursday 7/7. By 7:30 pm that night I was feeling great- I walked over a hundred laps around my unit and went home at 4 pm on Friday.

Since then- no real issues. I've read about so many on this board. No Constipation, no major fatigue, liquids are going down very easy, I don't even really have to sip and I'm getting over 60 grams of Protein (shakes) and at least 80 oz of fluids (mostly water) everyday. My urine is running clear and I'm not constipated. I'm sleeping better than I did pre-op and stopped taking pain meds yesterday.

Yesterday and today I was out and about, shopping and helping out an elderly relative. I've been going for long walks in my neighborhood. This morning I competently handled some international business matters before 9 am. Tomorrow I'm planning to swing by my office to handle some business, walk around the city, get a facial and babysit my nephew.

So this post is not a humblebrag. I'm seriously wondering- is something going to come smack in the face in a few days? Did anyone else feel totally fine after surgery? Is my perspective skewed from reading too many posts about complications?

You will eventually feel fatigue from your body healing + lack of calories.

Keep in mind - people post about complications FAR more than they do feeling good. That's why you feel like that's all you've read.

I didn't feel quite as good as you, but I did end up feeling like my surgery was an anomaly because I had no complications, no pain, no vomiting, no Constipation, etc.

Some of us are fast healers...

I went shopping when i was discharged from hospital!

The energy lasted about 2 weeks... then week 3 i was a little tired.. but was still able to do stuff... i took it easy though.. i didn't want to crash and burn.... so even though i could... doesn't mean i should... healing is thr priority

@@higher

Maybe. I did a lot at first from elation at not being dead. Then like a week later it all caught up with me. If I had it to do over I would just walk and take it easy and rest.

Ok cool. Thanks guys ! @@OutsideMatchInside "elation at not being dead" is a good way to put it. It was that and then elation at not struggling to drink Water, which I was super worried about because I love Water. The posts about not being able to drink water kill me.

I will definitely take it a little easier after this week. I'm heading up to the mountains for some R+R with family for a long weekend and by 2 and a half weeks post op I'll be on vacation in Mexico.

I am feeling good but definitely a bit foggy. I am lucky with recovery - no real pain, just a bit uncomfortable at night if the gas comes back, but I rarely feel it! I was sleeved 7/7.

The only thing is my tongue feels yuk with some weird tastes!!

@@higher ... Most folks have a relatively easy and fast recovery.

Congrats, you're "normal."

;)

Hey guys. I have a stupid question. Am I supposed to feel this good?

I had surgery at around noon on Thursday 7/7. By 7:30 pm that night I was feeling great- I walked over a hundred laps around my unit and went home at 4 pm on Friday.

Since then- no real issues. I've read about so many on this board. No Constipation, no major fatigue, liquids are going down very easy, I don't even really have to sip and I'm getting over 60 grams of Protein (shakes) and at least 80 oz of fluids (mostly water) everyday. My urine is running clear and I'm not constipated. I'm sleeping better than I did pre-op and stopped taking pain meds yesterday.

Yesterday and today I was out and about, shopping and helping out an elderly relative. I've been going for long walks in my neighborhood. This morning I competently handled some international business matters before 9 am. Tomorrow I'm planning to swing by my office to handle some business, walk around the city, get a facial and babysit my nephew.

So this post is not a humblebrag. I'm seriously wondering- is something going to come smack in the face in a few days? Did anyone else feel totally fine after surgery? Is my perspective skewed from reading too many posts about complications?

Looks like they did the placebo surgery on you...

JUST KIDDING! Enjoy the no complication recovery, mine was pretty easy too :)

Oh thank goodness. I thought there was something wrong with me because everything was going down so easy! Though today, my shakes are trying to creep up my throat, maybe I'm swelling or something. But my energy is pretty good, I'm stir crazy actually.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using the BariatricPal App

Lol my wife and I had surgery the same day. I was in a living hell, and as I'm dry heaving very loudly, I can hear her ask the nurse "is it weird that I don't feel nauseous or sore at all??".. I literally wanted to kill her lol. So anyway, you're good. Everyone's different. Be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I am feeling good but definitely a bit foggy. I am lucky with recovery - no real pain, just a bit uncomfortable at night if the gas comes back, but I rarely feel it! I was sleeved 7/7.

The only thing is my tongue feels yuk with some weird tastes!!

Awesome! We had good luck on 7/7!!!

@@bini120 don't think that didn't cross my mind !

Hey, maybe that's it! I was 7/7 too. ☺

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using the BariatricPal App

It will get a little harder once you are on soft/solid foods... but as long as you chew.. eat slowly and take your time.. you should be fine

@@higher !! Congratulations on your surgery. I'm 2 weeks post op and also had a very speedy recovery, I'm still in shock on how well Im recuperating, so far. The day after I was discharge I went shopping, try not to over do but, like someone mention some of us are just pretty fast healers!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App