Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I have to ask...are things going too well? Am I overdoing it?

@@KristenLe I wasn't telling you to shut up! I was just surprised that's all. No worries.

My doc said I would feel great for about two weeks after surgery, fatigued for a couple of weeks after that and then pretty much smooth sailing. What the heck! might as well enjoy the good weather while you can! I'm scheduled for July 25. NERVOUS! Nancy K.

I am with you! I am a fast healer also. I just posted that I'm confused about drinking liquids easily just 10 days post-op.

I also feel great, though some days I do feel a little tired.

Glad I saw your post.

Me too, like you, my mind was set on things being worse than they actually are.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm quite tired. (I was sleeved on 7/12) Thinking of walking the boy to school tomorrow morning though. Part of the tired is my reaction to the pain meds. My roommate had a much harder time of it than I did.

I hade surgery 6/27 felt great went home 6/28 feel amazing!! I heard there are lulls (where no weight gets lost) but going try to overcome them!! Had my 2 week checkup Tuesday and lost 15 lbs! And I am on week 3 trying to follow what they say you can introduce and somethings just don't sit right ! Good luck everyone

My surgery is Monday. I am expecting the worst but really hoping I'm able to recover as well as you all! Thanks for posting!

Ronny1 I had my 2 week check up on the 7/12, I was a a full liquid diet for 2 weeks and now on an a try something different every day except no breads, Pasta or rice. Most importantly no fried foods!!! Go slow and use common sense on what you eat! I have a couple rough days but it's getting better. One day at a time!!! Good luck to you too!

Yes I am very sensible on what I try I didn't even attempt breads because my girlfriend that had it about a year ago still has issues

Edited by Ronny1

Hi everyone .... This post has given me a lot of insight . I was sleeved on July 5 th . I felt/ feel great with much more energy then pre-op I weighed in at 259 June 17th then July 15 th at 235 I feel very blessed ! I've been able to literally drink Water much more then sips with lil to no problems at all. I've shamefully went outside my full liquid diet . I've eaten scrambled eggs mushed up very very well with shredded cheese & Soups with little pieces in them . I'm def not getting my Protein in but I'm going to make it priority. I didn't get much education on this for my fam Dr & Surgeon just kinda noted my visits just for insurance reasons. So I fed like reading everyone's post to get some insight & educational info on what to do & limitations of course !! Best of luck to you all !!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I was at an OU football game a few days after surgery. I was so damn bored in Mexico I went to the mall across the street (well boulevard, if you want some excitement cross a Mexican boulevard). I am so glad it went well for you.

Update: 10 days after surgery I started walking 3 miles a day! No issues at all.

Just 12 days after surgery, that is yesterday, I was riding my Harley Davidson! Greatest day in a long time!

Just checking back in. So great to read that many others had an easy and uneventful recovery. My update? A couple of days after I posted this I got slammed with fatigue. I had been out and about, working, running errands, socializing, and all of a sudden - BOOM. I could hardly be bothered to brush my teeth for about two days straight. It was all I could do to remember to drink my Water and Protein. I was also woken up in the middle of the night with a painful charley horse which (after I called my surgeon freaking out about blood clots) I realized was a result of getting too few electrolytes so I added in some Powerade zero and smart Water.< /p>

So the fatigue did get to me eventually, like many said it might. At least I had been warned!

No problems since then and my energy is wayyy back up. I've been in the gym and have been taking long walks at night - mostly to play Pokemon go, but walking nonetheless.

At the end of this week I'll be traveling for about 10 days, for one day of work and the rest for leisure. I'll be in a city with an altitude of over 7,000 feet above sea level so will try too hard not to push myself but to also take advantage of exploring a new city on foot. Trying to convince myself I won't be ready to climb an ancient pyramid at just 3 weeks post op, even though I really want to try ;-)

Hi all,

I'm two days post op and so far (touch wood) I've had no complications. Water goes down fine. Pain is very minimal. I hope my new stomach is small enough!. Guess I'll find out my restriction level when I move to the next phase. Glad to see this situation is common.