Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it to the losers ' bench.

I was sleeved on Thursday and have been home since 5 last night. Have only been able to get down half of an Atkins Lyft drink that has 20 grams of Protein. My stomach is gurgling and groaning. Pain is minimal but I have some time in the restroom. Should I be worried that I am having problems getting the Protein in?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 7/7 and am not even on free fluids yet - I have to stick to clear until Monday (I am in Australia too, so it's now Sunday). I can then try Protein shakes etc from tomorrow....so I am getting no Protein in! But that's just the way it seems to work in Australia, so I wouldn't stress. .Good luck! I am so excited to get onto more interesting stuff.

Hi there Miss Blonde , I am on clear until Monday as well. My brother lives in Australia too. One day I need to visit.

I was sleeved on Thursday and have been home since 5 last night. Have only been able to get down half of an Atkins Lyft drink that has 20 grams of Protein. My stomach is gurgling and groaning. Pain is minimal but I have some time in the restroom. Should I be worried that I am having problems getting the protein in?

I was told to focus on getting liquids in first then protien the first week. You do not want to get dehydrated. Sip, sip, sip all day long.

I was sleeved on Thursday and have been home since 5 last night. Have only been able to get down half of an Atkins Lyft drink that has 20 grams of Protein. My stomach is gurgling and groaning. Pain is minimal but I have some time in the restroom. Should I be worried that I am having problems getting the Protein in?

We've been expecting you.

Welcome.

Sit awhile.

Take a deep breath.

You've come a long way and have a long road yet to traverse.----so take the time to rest--for now.

For now, be kind to yourself.

Work on getting your fluids in, then protein.

You're on a journey not in a race.

Surround yourself with "yourself". Be proud of your accomplishments that have gotten to the "Losers' Bench". That alone would bring a Ninja to her knees! :)

Enjoy our R&R----THEN

Get your arse up and get mov'n! :)

Your joyful journey is waiting for you.

Make it happen! :)

Hi there I had surgery on 7/7 as well and am also home recovering since around the same time yesterday.

My surgeon did tell me to start working on Protein drinks today but to focus on fluids first. Are you getting in Water? Surgeon wants me to make sure my urine is running clear as a sign that I'm getting in enough fluids.

Hullo to the OP. And congrats on getting through surgery in good shape. :)

Every day you'll get more and more Protein drinks down. Likewise with the Water.

You DO have to work at getting the Protein Drinks and Water down. But it'll get easier every day.

I was able to hit my surgeon's minimum Protein gram standard of 60 grams by Day Five. But it took me that long to get there. And I was definitely working at it!

Sipping the water seems like a bit of a magic act. But it's really just boring hard work. A lot of patients figure out how many ounces they have to drink every hour or half hour or even fifteen minutes and then just measure out that much every time period and get it down.

More good news -- in two or three weeks you'll be shocked at how much easier drinking liquids will become. One of the reasons it's so hard now, aside from your tiny swollen, mangled, stapled sleeve ;) is that your throat is sore and swollen because during surgery you had a hard plastic tube stuffed down it.

This is the least pleasant part of the program. Just do what you've gotta do each day. In a week or so you'll be through the roughest part.

Again, congrats. :)

Thank you everyone. I was tackling the Atkins Lift because my nut said it counted toward both Protein and liquid. I did not finish it but did have gello with Protein that was about 20 grams. I do have a sore throat. Also did anyone have red dots on their tummy but not near their incisions?