Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronic heart failure

Ive been going through this process since january for the sleeve. I shouldve had a date this month however, when dr g did the upper GI and the xray of my heart he said the he showed some type of shadow around my heart. So last week was my last procedure edg. He looked down my stomach and found polpys. He took 1 off for biospy. Still havent see the last thing. Cardiologist. But tuesday night, i woke up couldnt breath. I looked At my hand and they looked like fat sausages. I turned the lights on and OMG, it looked like something blew my entire body up like a balloon. I didnt know what it was, I called the nurse line to tell her and she sent the paramedics to get me. They took blood and 2 xrays .the dr came back in and ask where was my family. He finally came out and said you have congestive heart failure and its not good. He said thati have so much Fluid that they may have to send me to dialysis to just remove the Fluid. I explained to him that im in the last stage of my wls but he said not right or. Has this happened to anyone that anyone?Depression has sat down on me so bad. Does anyone know of anyone that this has actually happened to amd did it turn out right

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi there, how scary for you! I can only comment on heart failure & Fluid retention. I had10kg (20 pounds)of Fluid on board at one stage & an enlarged heart.

I dont know about dialysis, but it's easy enough to get rid of the fluid by either IV or oral meds.

All the best with sorting all your health issues out. I think sorting out these problems is your first priority.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

I can't help you from an experience standpoint.

I just want to wish you a quick and speedy recovery and hope everything is easily treatable.

Hi there, how scary for you! I can only comment on heart failure & Fluid retention. I had10kg (20 pounds)of Fluid on board at one stage & an enlarged heart.

I dont know about dialysis, but it's easy enough to get rid of the fluid by either IV or oral meds.

All the best with sorting all your health issues out. I think sorting out these problems is your first priority.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Well, u know theyre going to make sure those things are correct beforedoing my sleeve. I know hes going to change from gastric because id have to have alot more time under anesthesia, where as the sleeve doesnt take as long

This truly touched me right at the heart. I don't know how you feel about prayer, but I did pray for you. I have no experience, and don't know of any. And i can't begin to imagine all the emotions you are experiencing right now. It's useless to tell someone not to worry, but I do want to encourage you to at least try to think positive. Until they tell you that you cannot have surgery, you still can. They might just make you wait a little while. Even if you can't have surgery, that's not the end of your fight. You made the decision to have surgery because you want to make changes, well go ahead and make whatever changes you can. Find and focus on those things you can do for yourself right now, and you will soon find your thoughts leaving behind the things you have no control over. Hoping and praying the best for your health.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

I can't help you from an experience standpoint.

I just want to wish you a quick and speedy recovery and hope everything is easily treatable.

Thank you. Im right at the finish line off getting my date and then this happens. But ive taken it as a sign that when you dont go to god first, he'll show you what HE has planned for you. I truly believe that if you dont pray about it and ask god, wls may not be for me. He may wants me tk do it the way i lost the 3olbs. But ill ask him.

This truly touched me right at the heart. I don't know how you feel about prayer, but I did pray for you. I have no experience, and don't know of any. And i can't begin to imagine all the emotions you are experiencing right now. It's useless to tell someone not to worry, but I do want to encourage you to at least try to think positive. Until they tell you that you cannot have surgery, you still can. They might just make you wait a little while. Even if you can't have surgery, that's not the end of your fight. You made the decision to have surgery because you want to make changes, well go ahead and make whatever changes you can. Find and focus on those things you can do for yourself right now, and you will soon find your thoughts leaving behind the things you have no control over. Hoping and praying the best for your health.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much. Im a firm believer in prayer. And i usually pray about things before i get into it. But this 1 i didnt pray about it.

I just was so excited that my insurance approved it that i started out the gate running. Ive gotten everything done and the last test shows a heart problem.? I mean, what the hell. But it just shows you that if you dont pray about it with god, those may not be what he has planned for u, and id rather find out now than on the table.

During my preop testing I was discovered to have cardiomyopathy. I feel lucky that because of WLS testing it was caught early and is treatable. I was still able to have WLS, I just had to get the heart issues addressed first. My heart Dr okayed the surgery once he saw enough improvement and he said the surgery would help my heart even more now that I was stable.

I'm sorry you are having heart troubles of your own. Once you address them and get your body as healthy as you can I hope that they will approve your WLS so that you can become even healthier.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Im so sorry these things r happening to u God has a plan for us all dont give up ok lots of people u don't even know or even talked to r praying for u and u can do this fight do something different every day and u will get different results push ur self to be a better u God bless u and ur journey ????????????????smile people care about u ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App

During my preop testing I was discovered to have cardiomyopathy. I feel lucky that because of WLS testing it was caught early and is treatable. I was still able to have WLS, I just had to get the heart issues addressed first. My heart Dr okayed the surgery once he saw enough improvement and he said the surgery would help my heart even more now that I was stable.

I'm sorry you are having heart troubles of your own. Once you address them and get your body as healthy as you can I hope that they will approve your WLS so that you can become even healthier.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

They just called me for a ekco tomorrow. I should be ok once they find out why im holding on to all this Fluid. Thanks for all the prayers and love.

Im so sorry these things r happening to u God has a plan for us all dont give up ok lots of people u don't even know or even talked to r praying for u and u can do this fight do something different every day and u will get different results push ur self to be a better u God bless u and ur journey ????????????????smile people care about u ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App

My faith is strong and i feel like this is for a reason. I know god has plans for me and maybe this surgery wasnt in the plans. I was still losing weight whilegoing to the gym so ill just keep doing what ive been doing until he tells me anything else. Thank you and keep the prayers coming.

I don't have much advice from myself, since I've never had heart issues. But my aunt is over 300 lbs and has congestive heart failure because of her weight. She told me that she takes a diuretic and is able to pee out 15 lbs in a day. Her doctor is trying to get her to have the surgery, but she is stubborn. This surgery will definitely help your heart. Let's just focus on getting your heart at a decent rhythm so they can perform the surgery. Then you're set!

Try to stay away from anything salty. I know it's hard, but this is important. I just said a prayer for you. Prayer in numbers is a great thing! <3

I don't have much advice from myself, since I've never had heart issues. But my aunt is over 300 lbs and has congestive heart failure because of her weight. She told me that she takes a diuretic and is able to pee out 15 lbs in a day. Her doctor is trying to get her to have the surgery, but she is stubborn. This surgery will definitely help your heart. Let's just focus on getting your heart at a decent rhythm so they can perform the surgery. Then you're set!

Try to stay away from anything salty. I know it's hard, but this is important. I just said a prayer for you. Prayer in numbers is a great thing! <3

As long you do what you can, you done enough. You can't make anyone to do anything they don't want to do. I was sated to have surgery I almost backed out but I wanted to live. So, I pray for you and God will lead the way.

Mrs. Marrufo Phone :)

Sorry your going through this but I feel its a blessing in disguise because they doing such intense pre ops for surgery they caught it. I used to work as a patient care coordinator and help patients through the process and when we would find things wrong they could address it and take care of it asap! My Dad had a massive heart attack and strokes cause he didnt take care of himself or go to the Dr.s for 20 years plus drinking and smoking and is now bed ridden with me and my sister taking care of him all because he didnt want to change his lifestyle....

Keep praying and asking God if this is for you either way I know with this you'll make better choices to get healthier I will be praying for you ????

You Got This!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App