Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it okay to have a last hoorah?

I have my surgery for my gastric bypass Thursday morning. I have been eating healthy and was thinking of having some Chinese or pizza tonight.. but don't know if it's a good idea being days away from my surgery.

anna

Keep up the great work and wait until the appropriate phase post WLS to enjoy those in modeartion.

Are you supposed to be doing any kind of diet prep before surgery? If so, it isn't advisable to eat foods not on that diet. Most doctors want to have you on a liquid diet or very low carb diet before to shrink your liver since it partially sits across your stomach area and they need it as small as possible to make sure they can move it out of the way without injuring it. You do not want to risk a liver bleed (this is very serious) just because of a craving.

Even if the doc didn't put you on a pre op diet, eat reasonably. If you really want pizza, have a slice, not a whole bunch of slices. It's all about moderation.

Stay strong and just remember you can eat whatever you want after about 6 months, you just might not want that same stuff any more since you're going to relearn how to eat healthy foods. :D

No. Not a good idea.

I just read your post where you were concerned you would be denied the surgery because you were not fully following your pre surgery diet. Why would you even consider eating this a day before your surgery?

Yes I agree with all the other folks who have responded.....stick to your pre-op plan. Those foods are not gone forever....you'll have a chance to enjoy them in the future. Good luck to you!!!

The time has passed for last hoorah as you should be on your pre-op diet now per your other post.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone ! Okay so my surgeon told me to drink 2 shakes a day and then eat a Protein supper. I was only able to get enough shakes for one a day and I been eating twice a day. I haven't gained weight but I'm scared I didn't shrink my liver enough.. has this happened to anyone? Being denied surgery because not following the 2 week liquid diet. Btw my surgery is this Thursday the 30th!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Are you going to be able to get enough shakes for post op? Not having Protein post op isn't really an option.

You should tell your doctor and be honest about what you have been eating and see what they say.

Yes that's not a problem for after just couldn't get enough prior :/ now I'm freaking out hel cancel surgery because I didn't do the 2 week liquid diet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I have my surgery for my gastric bypass Thursday morning. I have been eating healthy and was thinking of having some Chinese or pizza tonight.. but don't know if it's a good idea being days away from my surgery.

anna

Sure! Your body, your choice.

Personally, I would not but you know your body best. :)

Good luck to you!

You will live and be around food forever. The hardest part of this process is usually changing your mindset. food is not our enemy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I was obsessive about the preop diet as I would have been devastated if the surgeon had opened me up and had to cancel my surgery because my liver was too enlarged. I assume OP, you would be just as devastated.

On the last hurrah, after surgery you will still need to make choices to eat healthy, every day. I guarantee this is not the last time you have to weigh up the negatives of eating crap food.

anna

My surgeon had us eat light meals for 3,days leading up to our surgery. The night before our surgery we got to eat anything we wanted. And this isn't the end of food in the next year or so you will be able to eat again it will just be portioned size and you won't eat nearly as much as you did and you will be really active. Your whole chemistry will be different.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

Are you supposed to be doing any kind of diet prep before surgery? If so, it isn't advisable to eat foods not on that diet. Most doctors want to have you on a liquid diet or very low carb diet before to shrink your liver since it partially sits across your stomach area and they need it as small as possible to make sure they can move it out of the way without injuring it. You do not want to risk a liver bleed (this is very serious) just because of a craving.

Even if the doc didn't put you on a pre op diet, eat reasonably. If you really want pizza, have a slice, not a whole bunch of slices. It's all about moderation.

Stay strong and just remember you can eat whatever you want after about 6 months, you just might not want that same stuff any more since you're going to relearn how to eat healthy foods. :D

My surgeon didn't have us on a liquid diet at all until after surgery. I was very Blessed to have the Surgeon I had. He's the best and really cares. He gives you his cell phone number so you can call him directly. He cares about each of his patients.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

Your stomach needs to be free of food particles before they get in there. And if you aren't able to have a bowl movement, having a full stomach or intestines will increase your chances of getting a bowl obstruction or walking around, feeling constipated and uncomfortable on top of having your stomach pumped with gas and surgery pain.

Don't do that to yourself. (Whoever is in a similar situation as her/him.)

English is my 6th language so forgive me if my sentences don't make any sense at times!

@@Lema Your English is fantastic. Six languages is amazing!