Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Further more, hotdogs (unless they are of a high quality one) are made with pig snouts and anuses.

(Pork products are a little dense to eat until a little while into the last phase.) :)

Y'all stop trying to ruin my beloved hot dogs!

I remember you posting about liking sausages. ;)

I gotta be honest - hotdogs are one of my all time favorite foods, and I can't wait until I can have one again.

One. Not three. (Probably not even one whole one!)

Hm.. well I'm at the 5 week stage (so a week into soft foods) and I went to a fourth of july cookout last night and went ahead and allowed myself to have a hot dog since they were doing them over the fire which is the best way. I ate it with mustard and ketchup and no bun. Very slow.. It made me burp more than some foods but it didn't make me sick, stayed down, seemed fine. So if you feel like being adventurous you could try it.. I'd only have it to cut the craving though (like me) because they aren't very "healthy"

Hm.. well I'm at the 5 week stage (so a week into soft foods) and I went to a fourth of july cookout last night and went ahead and allowed myself to have a hot dog since they were doing them over the fire which is the best way. I ate it with mustard and ketchup and no bun. Very slow.. It made me burp more than some foods but it didn't make me sick, stayed down, seemed fine. So if you feel like being adventurous you could try it.. I'd only have it to cut the craving though (like me) because they aren't very "healthy"

Eeeeek! I am all about being adventurous and I LOVE hot dogs but being adventurous on a newly cut and stitched tummy isn't the best idea, in **my opinion**.

Hot dogs aren't soft and eating off your diet after weight loss surgery is a personal choice, but not one I'd choose. :D. There is plenty of time for hot dogs later!

Eeeeek! I am all about being adventurous and I LOVE hot dogs but being adventurous on a newly cut and stitched tummy isn't the best idea, in **my opinion**.

Hot dogs aren't soft and eating off your diet after weight loss surgery is a personal choice, but not one I'd choose. :D. There is plenty of time for hot dogs later!

I took precautions lol - very small bites and chewed until they were mush. Also.. I had all my Protein in and I had calories left over and my fat and sugar macros were on the lower end (that's how I decide if I can splurge.. I track meticulously on MFP. ) So I decided I could let myself have a treat :D I've also been tolerating other kinds of meat well (chicken, and fish - which are both on my plan as long as they're chewed well at this point) So this is only what I did lol not what someone else should necessarily do - only my own experience. But I admit I'm very adventuresome at times.

I took precautions lol - very small bites and chewed until they were mush. Also.. I had all my Protein in and I had calories left over and my fat and sugar macros were on the lower end (that's how I decide if I can splurge.. I track meticulously on MFP. ) So I decided I could let myself have a treat :D I've also been tolerating other kinds of meat well (chicken, and fish - which are both on my plan as long as they're chewed well at this point) So this is only what I did lol not what someone else should necessarily do - only my own experience. But I admit I'm very adventuresome at times.

I got to 264 pounds "treating" myself with food and being "adventurous" on diets. Not the best decision for me, and a choice I won't make again!

I got to 264 pounds "treating" myself with food and being "adventurous" on diets. Not the best decision for me, and a choice I won't make again!

I think a big part of success is -absolutely- figuring out your issues and what's a slider for you and so on.

In my particular case (can't speak for others) treating myself and being adventurous wasn't my problem, nor was emotional eating.. my problem was Portion Control. I didn't have the self control to shrink my stomach the normal way, and even though I could stop when I was full, it took a sickening amount of food to -get- me full. Endless cycle. I knew the sleeve would help me after researching it because not only did it give me a small new stomach to start over with (as the problem of a stretched out stomach I had already acquired by age 7 before I knew better) and helped take out some of the ghrellin so I don't feel ravenously hungry all the time.

My real battle will likely be when my restriction is less as my body adjusts - a year or so down the road. But I'm hoping it wont' actually be a battle because I'll have learned to be satisfied with small portions and learned some healthier habits - and the ghrellin will still be gone.

Either way.. there are certain choices I would never make - like you not treating yourself or being adventurous - because I know they would cause me problems. This just wasn't one of them. I try to stay aware of what issues led me to where I was.. and what to do to avoid them :)

Soft protein: boiled, fried or scrambled eggs, greek yogurt, chili made with ground turkey or chicken and of course kidney or black Beans, bean salad, lowfat string cheese, protein-enriched oatmeal...

My savior during soft foods was refried Beans, salsa, and cheese.

You can mix Protein powder in as well!

some Amy's refried black Beans, heated up with cheese so it gets melty

add in the salsa, so that it cools enough to add a scoop of GENEPRO Protein, and you have a snack that has well over 30g.

You'll absorb that protein, and even have some left over for energy!

I think a big part of success is -absolutely- figuring out your issues and what's a slider for you and so on.

In my particular case (can't speak for others) treating myself and being adventurous wasn't my problem, nor was emotional eating.. my problem was Portion Control. I didn't have the self control to shrink my stomach the normal way, and even though I could stop when I was full, it took a sickening amount of food to -get- me full. Endless cycle. I knew the sleeve would help me after researching it because not only did it give me a small new stomach to start over with (as the problem of a stretched out stomach I had already acquired by age 7 before I knew better) and helped take out some of the ghrellin so I don't feel ravenously hungry all the time.

My real battle will likely be when my restriction is less as my body adjusts - a year or so down the road. But I'm hoping it wont' actually be a battle because I'll have learned to be satisfied with small portions and learned some healthier habits - and the ghrellin will still be gone.

Either way.. there are certain choices I would never make - like you not treating yourself or being adventurous - because I know they would cause me problems. This just wasn't one of them. I try to stay aware of what issues led me to where I was.. and what to do to avoid them :)

Ahhh... But there is a BIG difference between a treat once you've hit goal and maintenance vs. during your soft foods phase.

You gotta learn those healthy habits before you use them automatically. :D

Further more, hotdogs (unless they are of a high quality one) are made with pig snouts and anuses.

(Pork products are a little dense to eat until a little while into the last phase.) :)

I've always referred to hotdogs being made from 'lips and arseholes'...

It's good to see that you 'Yanks' and us Aussies can have such things in common...