Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. So I am scheduled to have vsg July 11th. And I'm so completely confused!! I need to talk to someone that has been there before! What do I need to pack for the hospital? What do I need once I get home? What should I expect in the hospital? Any advise would be great... I'm just a little overwhelmed. I've been working on getting approved for so long that it seemed like it would never really happen... and it will be here in a little over 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

in the hospital all I wanted was my phone, charger, and laptop. toothbrush. I packed other things, but this was probably all I used. I wore the clothes home that I had worn in since I had not had them on very long. I wore the hospital gown in the hospital due to the IV and just walked in my room. I slept a lot.

after surgery I wanted sugar free popsicles, ocean spray diet cran grape - and then went on my Protein shakes as well.

my husband was off work the day of my surgery, the day I came home and then his weekend before going back to work. I didn't really need help with anything but it was a comfort to know someone was there just in case.

I tried to walk a little bit every hour I was awake and rested when I needed to rest.

I am looking forward to seeing your progress!

I was only in my clothes about an hour and a half before surgery,so I wore the same clothes home. All I needed was a fresh pair of panties.

Before surgery I purchased a sports bra that clasp in the front with no wire so it wouldn't rub on my incision and I could get it on and off easily.

All I needed in the hospital was my phone, charger, and lip balm.

The provided everything else I needed and you are paying for it so you might as well take advantage of it all.

Every hospital is different so you should ask the staff or go to a group meeting pre-op and ask people at your hospital what the hospital was like.

For the hospital you just need a phone charger (I got an extra long one that was 10ft)......chapstick, comb or brush, tooth bush...but the hospital will supply that if you forget......maybe a pair of undies....I also brought PJs but that's not necessary.....but made me feel better when I changed into my own clothes.....

For home have what ever liquids you plan to drink, Protein drinks, a couple of cans of creamed Soup, broth and maybe Greek yogurt, depending on what your diet will be for the first week......For the creamed Soup when you open a can you won't be able to eat very much....put the rest in a ice tray and freeze it for later.....two ice cubes were the perfect serving size for me. Then when you're past the stage the ice cubes are great for seasoning chicken when you bake it.

As far as what to expect at the hospital your doctor's office would be your best resource as everyone is a little different....if you have specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

All I brought with me was toothbrush..brush and hygiene products.. I left with the same clothes like ppl stated I wore em for a little bit the day of admission..oh and I brought my phone and charger. Lol maybe you could bring your own pillow..books? And slippers! Once I left I bought Protein shakes..and baby food because I'm still on pureed period until the 30th. I know that overwhelming feeling I had it for months because I didn't know when my surgery was coming up. Everything will be OK tho ????????????

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using the BariatricPal App

What to pack for hospital? What do I need once I get home?

@@KatieLDemoss

wore my loose/big sweats to hospital, then home again

changed into hospital gown upon arrival

brought clean undies and socks ;)

pic for my hair

(they had toothbrush/toiletries)

didn't feel the need for phone

figured i would mainly rest, recup, walk

don't over pack

probably just spending one night

no evening gown required :lol:

talk to NUT/doc about their requirements/suggestions for immediate early stages/ food

popsicles were very important for me (grape is my favorite)

i had lots of broth too

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

Just had it read forums. Used little that i brought.

Here is what I used:

Robe

Hairbrush

Toothbrush

Hand lotion

Chapstick

Wore clothes home that I had

Underwear

Phone

I slept a lot

CPAP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App