Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where do you buy clothes?

I have shopped at Women Within, Romans, Catherine's, and the Avenue so long I don't know where else to go. I am getting to the point happily where I'm in the smallest sizes at some of the above mentioned stores. I have been buying workout clothes at Kohl's but am not fond of a lot of their normal clothes options. Would love to hear where people started shopping when they were still plus size but not super plus. Thanks!

WellI still buy some things from Woman Within I also buy from Jessica London,Old Navy, and have found some good basics at Wal-Mart . I buy a mixture of plus and regular sizes. I'm a fourteen/sixteen in plus and a sixteen/ eighteen in misses.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've been "shopping" in the back of my closet for things that had been too small lol.. and was lucky enough that a neighbor of mine brought over a huge tote of clothes in varying sizes that I'm starting to get into. Other than that- it's been ebay, because I can't seem to coordinate my schedule to getting to a consignment shop.. I don't want to spend a lot of money on things that I might only be wearing for a couple weeks.

Poshmark app! I love it! You can buy cute new clothes super cheap! I'm addicted since losing 95 lbs - and still plan to lose more! You can also sell your old clothes that don't fit anymore - my closet name is "jvpaquette"

While I Was losing I only bought from thrift stores, goodwill, and the sales rack at Walmart. Granted, a lot of the things weren't my style or particularly in fashion, but since I would only be wearing them a month or two, I wasn't about to spend more than a couple bucks for anything. I tried eBay a couple times but would buy a size smaller because by the time it arrived it was starting to fit. Shirts I Wore till I was swimming in them and pants for as long as a belt would hold them up. I didn't shop in any real stores until I had been in maintenance for at least 2 months to confirm that really was my new permanent size.

I can't wait to get into the next size down....seems to take me forever! I too shop at Walmart and don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes at this point...I'm swimming in some of my tshirts but as long as they stay on ill keep wearing them! My issue with shirts is..why do they have necklines big enough to fit a dinosaurs head??!! Omg...my bra is always showing!! [emoji35]

I buy all my workout clothes at Walmart, they have really nice stuff. I only buy danskin.

I buy my bras at Soma. My boobs are huge, they are the only option and bras are amazing. Sports bras I purchased on ebay, new, I only wear the kind that go by band and cup size and they come up high on the chest.

Unlike a lot of people that post here, I refuse to wear used clothing. I just can't I think it is repulsive. However I do have a limit on what i will spend on a single item and that is $30, dresses $50, and as always no limit on purses and shoes.

I am hourglass shaped with a small waist, with the exception of my breasts and arms i am small on top. I wear anything from 12 to 16.

I shop at...

Old Navy - shorts, dresses, tshirts,rompers

banana Republic - tops, the bottoms I am a little too hippy for

Tommy Hilfiger - their stuff is very generously cut, you can probably go down a size

Saks off 5th - you just have to look

Nordstrom Rack - again you just have to look and try things on

The Limited

Forever 21- I don't know why people turn their nose up at it, I love the cheap tank tops and you can find cheap dresses too. I still wear plus size there

Charlotte Russe - I still wear plus size there (the sizes like forever 21 are juniors), if you get on their text list they have tons of great sales, often you can get dresses for $20, tops and bottoms for $10

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Hi everyone! This is a great topic.

There is a way to afford going through so many sizes so fast. Head to Goodwill, Salvation Army and any thrift store in your city. I used to think that there were no plus sizes in these stores and that the clothes were terrible. Boy, was I wrong! Shopping definitely takes some patience. You are going to need to dig through the racks, but I promise that there are hidden gems waiting for you. I have gone down 10 sizes since my surgery and these stores have been wonderful for finding quality, inexpensive clothes. I would say that 95% of the stuff in the thrift stores is not good enough to buy, but the 5% that is good is an amazing deal. You are looking at an average discount of 94% versus retail prices. This includes going to Walmart. I found a $400 Elie Tahari jacket in one thrift store and only paid $6 for it. It was brand new and still had tags on it.

Have fun shopping!!

The only thing that I have had to spend money on has been bras and underwear.

I live in LA, and there are consignment stores here called It's a Wrap that buys the wardrobe from TV shows and movies. It's a fun place to shop (the tags tell you which show / movie the item is from), and the clothes are very reasonably priced.

I bought several maxi skirts from Nordstroms last summer before having surgery, and was able to keep wearing them as I lost weight because the waist can be folded to make them smaller and shorter.

I am 14 months out and have gone from plus size 26/28 or 3X to Misses size 14 or L! I love shopping now! In fact, I'm having trouble stopping myself!!! My favorite place to buy clothes is from the LOGO by Lori Goldstein collection on QVC and QVC.com. Her clothes are so figure flattering and really make me feel so confident!

I have shopped at Women Within, Romans, Catherine's, and the Avenue so long I don't know where else to go. I am getting to the point happily where I'm in the smallest sizes at some of the above mentioned stores. I have been buying workout clothes at Kohl's but am not fond of a lot of their normal clothes options. Would love to hear where people started shopping when they were still plus size but not super plus. Thanks!

In addition to thrift shops and consignment - try Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Lane Bryant has 14/16 and you can get some great deals on clearance. They are a better quality than Avenue.

like @@Kindle I shop the mark down racks at Wal-mart, Catos, Kohls, etc. for basics. I don't spend a lot (less than $5) and I bought out of season clothing last summer for this past winter and wore pretty much everything and did the same for my summer clothes I am wearing now. I am within about 20 lbs of my goal and the weight loss is at a stall right now so I ONLY buy something I really need. I wasn't too lucky finding shorts/capris to wear to work at Goodwill/Salvation army and even Wal-mart so I just bought inexpensive ones. The waist has a drawstring so they won't fall down if I get the rest of the weight off.

Typicslly, 99% of the time, Macys with their 20% off coupon. I hate kohls. Depending on where you live, knowing you won't be this size for long, you might look at goodwill for high end labeled clothes. Sometimes you may find a real bargin.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App