Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

The other day I was craving so bad and had my first very serious hunger pains. I went over board and had 5 oz of yogurt I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. I still don't feel good. I don't want a single thing to eat or drink and my stomach is sore. I am doing my best just to get my liquids in. My surgery was the 21st. 11 days in and I am so mad at myself. Something is going on with my leg as well. Thought I had a blood clot and went to get an ultrasound. No clot but I'm in pain. Feels like my vein is tearing out of my skin. I am a little miserable after doing so well. Anyone else cheat and what did you do to feel normal again?

Also for those people going to 4th of July events - its our first holiday surrounded by social fooding. How will you handle that. I want to hear Tuesday when you get back to normal.

I had bad breath for about a week after surgery but it's better now. My tongue was coated with gunk. Mouthwash helped some.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm been craving smoked meat. Like pork or chicken.

I have dreams about food. :(. Totally not fair.

Me too!!!! Every night I have a different dream. But they're all all about food

The other day I was craving so bad and had my first very serious hunger pains. I went over board and had 5 oz of yogurt I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. I still don't feel good. I don't want a single thing to eat or drink and my stomach is sore. I am doing my best just to get my liquids in. My surgery was the 21st. 11 days in and I am so mad at myself. Something is going on with my leg as well. Thought I had a blood clot and went to get an ultrasound. No clot but I'm in pain. Feels like my vein is tearing out of my skin. I am a little miserable after doing so well. Anyone else cheat and what did you do to feel normal again

Also for those people going to 4th of July events - its our first holiday surrounded by social fooding. How will you handle that. I want to hear Tuesday when you get back to normal.

You didn't cheat. We are all learning our boundaries. The other day when I ate too much Tomato Soup I felt like I could pop. I felt bad and hope to not do that again. I didn't have more than what guidelines said, but I had more than what my sleeve said. I just didn't listen.

Sorry to hear about your leg. Glad it wasn't a blood clot and hope it gets better soon.

I'm day 9 post-op and since the surgery I've been having severe mood swings. I'm angry most of the times and feel like fighting with everyone. Anyone else with this problem? ??

The other day I was craving so bad and had my first very serious hunger pains. I went over board and had 5 oz of yogurt I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. I still don't feel good. I don't want a single thing to eat or drink and my stomach is sore. I am doing my best just to get my liquids in. My surgery was the 21st. 11 days in and I am so mad at myself. Something is going on with my leg as well. Thought I had a blood clot and went to get an ultrasound. No clot but I'm in pain. Feels like my vein is tearing out of my skin. I am a little miserable after doing so well. Anyone else cheat and what did you do to feel normal again?

I don't think it's cheating. I'm eating lots of Soup. More than I'm allowed. But I can't help myself. This is soooooo frustrating.

My family is having a big cookout tomorrow. Kind of dreading it. I'm just craving being able to chew something with texture instead of drinking all the time. Going to be tough but I'll make it through. Good luck to you all as well for the holiday weekend!

Thank you - I hope I didn't hurt my pouch. I have my Nut and Surgeon appt next week. We shall see that they say.. ;)

I'm day 9 post-op and since the surgery I've been having severe mood swings. I'm angry most of the times and feel like fighting with everyone. Anyone else with this problem? ??

I promise it will pass. So many people are saying the same thing. I had mood swings early on and they went quickly. I hope they do for you too. Now is the time to focus on the positive. We are through most of the hard part and by winter we will be eating like human beings again and thinner too! ;) Think lovely thoughts. xo

I had my surgery on the 30th. I'm feeling pretty good, I think. Just bad has pains and trying to figure out how much a sip is really to my body. I've been nauseous enough to run to the toilet but haven't got anything up which I think is good. The worst site for my pain is on my lower left side of my stomach. I look like I'm pregnant with all the swelling lol. I know I've only gotten about 20 oz of Fluid in,but Water doesn't go down well right now. I'm craving a Doctor Pepper so bad it's not even funny haha. I haven't had one of those since before my 2 week preop diet which I didn't even crave then! Bodies are weird haha. Carbonated drinks are a thing of the pass body,get it together!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Had my surgery June 22nd. Recovering pretty well. Cheated a bit with some mushy foods today but besides that I am adjusting well.

The hardest part is getting my brain to get in line with my stomach.

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Wasn't July 4th event but was a community cook out about 4 days post op. I just went a little late and carried bottle of Water with me. No one seemed to notice or say anything.

Hello! Had vsg on 6/22 - it's been a great experience so far, I'm glad to have been invited over to this board with other June sleevers!

I am not posting my personal info on here because I work in the public eye in my hometown of Cleveland, and am trying to keep things under wraps. The only people who know I had surgery are my husband and my mother! ;-)

I love to hear and read everybody's experiences - I've definitely taken all of the "before" pics and can't wait for the "after" ones. :-)

I'm currently down 13 lbs. from surgery and tolerating soft foods well - I'm on the "Phase 3" diet. It seems like my surgeon allowed me to move quicker through the liquid phase of the diets than what is reflected in other people's experiences on here, I wonder why that is? Has anybody else been allowed to incorporate food into their diet yet (i.e. flaky fish, cheeses, mashed potatoes etc?)

MY STATS:

HW: 295

SW: 286

CW: 273

I have at least two more weld before I can add those foods but having said that, every doctor has their own plan. There was a recent thread comparing all the different food stages. Welcome!

I promise it will pass. So many people are saying the same thing. I had mood swings early on and they went quickly. I hope they do for you too. Now is the time to focus on the positive. We are through most of the hard part and by winter we will be eating like human beings again and thinner too! ;) Think lovely thoughts. xo

I haven't had the mood swings but I'm dreading them...I'm 51 and menopausal, so I'm sure mine will be doozies!

I've been feeling good, I've advanced myself to some foods that aren't on my diet yet, but just doing full liquids was killing me. I've had some refried Beans (HEAVEN!!), and yesterday I had a bite or 2 of chicken salad my husband was eating. As long as I go slow, take small bites and chew well, everything is fine. On the down side, I took my allergy meds a couple of nights ago right before bed, and not thinking, threw down about 8 oz of Water in a few big gulps. OMG. The pain was horrific, and it all came right back up. I have been a much more careful sipper since then :)

I'm thinner, too, down 16 as of today. That's so encouraging for me, I didn't have to do any pre-op diet so my surgery weight was my highest weight. Losing 16 has been amazing, I truly feel lighter already.

Hoping today is another good day...we're going to buy a new car! And our son comes home today from a weekend back at college with his buddies. Tomorrow will be a challenge, I'm sure, all the BBQs and food, but I'll stick with my oatmeal and know that if I do, that scale will move even more. Happy 4th, everyone!

Edited by ShelterDog64