Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling defeated

I'm only two weeks out but I'm starting to become depressed. I've lost 12lbs since surgery 10 in the first week. Now I'm gaining and losing the same 1lb. How the hell could this be? I'm taking in less than 900 call a day my shakes included. I'm walking and doing a stationary bike and nothing is happening. Is it possible that the surgery didn't work? Wth is going on? My doctors office isn't very helpful or supportive, after i had the surgery i felt like they could care less. I'm just really feeling down and i don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

@@Inner Surfer Girl here's another one for you ;) .......

I'm only two weeks out but I'm starting to become depressed. I've lost 12lbs since surgery 10 in the first week. Now I'm gaining and losing the same 1lb. How the hell could this be? I'm taking in less than 900 call a day my shakes included. I'm walking and doing a stationary bike and nothing is happening. Is it possible that the surgery didn't work? Wth is going on? My doctors office isn't very helpful or supportive, after i had the surgery i felt like they could care less. I'm just really feeling down and i don't know what to do.

None of us lose at a constant or steady rate. We all experience stalls and slow downs in weight loss and almost everyone experiences a stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program.

Focus on getting at least 64 oz of Fluid and reaching your Protein target, every day.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise when cleared.

Stay off the scale.

And, Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall.

@@ccnb The answer is in your first line. You're only two weeks. You just had surgery, you just lost 10 lbs at once. That's not normal for the human body. None of it is. You have to give your body a break. It's freaking out man!! Give it time to heal and process. Your not going to lose weight everyday. That's just NOT going to happen. Do yourself and mental health a big favor and stay OFF of the scale! I'm not going to give you a solution because you don't have a problem. Chill girl!! Relax!

Thank you, i guess i just needed to hear from people who have or are going through this process. I'm a nurse, i try to be realistic about it but i guess i was feeling bad because everyone i know that's had surgery lost so much so fast.

I'm 7 weeks post-op last Monday and it only gets worse from here and better Saturday I was a f****** mess the rest of the week I've been fine today I'm a mess and it's going to be a bad day the good thing is this website there's so many people that are here to support you and I understand what you're going through it f****** sucks butt on a plus if you're going to start losing and you're going to feel amazing and you're going to look amazing and you're going to have your life back there's going to be good days and bad and I'm so grateful that I have this website and the people on it for when they're bad

Jess Hall-Mcfarland

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time but instead of thinking this is going to be a bad day maybe there's a way that you can make it a better day sometimes things suck and they're out of our control but for the most part we can control how we feel about it and what we do to deal with it I understand that this is a struggle and it is a journey for all of us and it's difficult but we'll get through it I am also thankful for all the people on this website they've made me feel so much better I was really feeling down I hope that things get better for you, I'll keep you in my prayers and my thoughts and if you ever need to talk please feel free to message me good luck to you I hope your day is better

Me to I'm going threw these emotional Rollercoasters and it sucks I'm having someone come over to teach me how to do upkeep on my new vespa I bought two days ago I'm gunna cry most of it but I'm doing somthing and that's what counts.

Im so glad i found this site because id be a wreck and i havent even have the surgery yet. Im at 6 months of seeing the nutritionist and they saw something on the upper gi that is needing a biopsy. Im a cancer survivor already so i really hope its nothing like that again but if it is, ill just roll over it again and keep on dealing with it. My faith is strong and my support from you guys are stronger so dont worry if youre losing it slowly. Thats how i hope to lose mine because it seems like when you lose weight to fast you look sickly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Im so glad i found this site because id be a wreck and i havent even have the surgery yet. Im at 6 months of seeing the nutritionist and they saw something on the upper gi that is needing a biopsy. Im a cancer survivor already so i really hope its nothing like that again but if it is, ill just roll over it again and keep on dealing with it. My faith is strong and my support from you guys are stronger so dont worry if youre losing it slowly. Thats how i hope to lose mine because it seems like when you lose weight to fast you look sickly.

I hope that your biopsy is normal. They often biopsy areas to see if you have HPylori too so try and relax. Prayers!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

That's true, it'll give the skin time to adjust to the weight loss. Good luck to you I'm praying that the biopsy is benign. Either way it goes God has you and will get you thru. Keep us updated.

I hope that your biopsy is normal. They often biopsy areas to see if you have HPylori too so try and relax. Prayers!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much. Its my fault because ive felt this what i thought was a sore throat for about a month and didn't do anything about it. Im just depress because it puts my date back. But my health isnt nothing to play with

That's true, it'll give the skin time to adjust to the weight loss. Good luck to you I'm praying that the biopsy is benign. Either way it goes God has you and will get you thru. Keep us updated.

Oh yes, you know i will. Its not the same like my support group in person. Here, nobody cares how you look, you can post a pic and ask does this make me look fat, and we're going to take it as a joke and pass on the comments. But i will let yall know the news.