Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see why its so hard to find NO COMPLICATION stories

Hi all,

I'm also so glad for the OP posting this :) I'm 13 days post op and everything has gone really great. The only pain I ever really had was first thing out of the op in recovery from the gas- which after "something to help" from the recovery Doctor I was absolutely fine when I woke up in my room.

My program allowed 3 nights in hospital which although I didn't think I totally need it, it was very nice to be looked after :) I didn't need any pain meds during my stay- and I was able to toodle about my room and the hallway for little wanders about. My stitches were tender but absolutely fine.

The first days at home also meant first purées - I was so worried about all the horror stories about not being able to stomach foods that I was very apprehensive, but it's all gone down very well and I haven't felt sick once- especially when you stick to your measures. The only problem is maybe wanting to try a bit more challenging foods when you feel too brave but I know I have another week of purées so I'm making sure to resist the urge.

I've also been walking an average of 4-6kms a day this week to get my stamina back up (back to work on Monday :()- I've really been enjoying my danders about and 10kgs down since the pre-op diet has even meant hills feel easier :)

One thing I need to stop doing is weighing myself every day- there has been a wee bit of a stall last couple of days which I've been disheartened about but I've realised weighing every day isn't a heathy way of monitoring- i need to focus on the "NSV's" like being able to walk up hills with out getting out of breath 2 steps in :)

I'm excited to see what the next few months bring.

All the best everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No complications here, either. But, now >2 years post-op, I visit this wonderful site and periodically offer a few comments to support others along the journey.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My recovery has been pretty blissful beyond some annoying Constipation :) - I did have a bit of tightening after my hiatal hernia repair which happened at the same time as my sleeve but they just gave me a few doses of steroids and it was fixed.

Beyond that it was perfect. I had no gas pain at all. I was able to stop narcotics a couple of days after I got home and after a couple of days of tylenol I was off pain meds entirely. I was able to eat cottage cheese and eggs with cheese a week out from surgery with no problem at all. I was able to drive within ten days after surgery (could have sooner but really felt up to it at that point). I took my first aqua aerobics class on Friday and was able to keep up with them and it was a good work out.. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. My incisions are all healing well. I'm gradually introducing new soft foods and each one has been responded to well (except Peanut Butter for some odd reason - we'll try that again in a few weeks). I'm having only a little residual discomfort from my incision sites and stomach now.. I'd say within a couple of weeks It'll be back to normal in terms of having no discomfort and like I never had surgery in that regard.

So this is a positive story from me :D Even though the first day after surgery was painful I remember waking up that morning already -knowing- I had made the right decision. And that was pretty cool.

I'm 4 days post-op and have to say I'm doing really good. I had a 2 night stay in the hospital and the only "problems" I had were nausea on the second day and for the first 2 days, I had a really bad back ache. But that was definitely NOT surgery related. I am one who does NOT sleep on my back. Mater of fact, after I hurt my back 8 years ago, I've slept in my recliner. So to actually have to lie down on my back for a couple hours for the surgery, really did my back in. So I did take some pain meds for that. Other than that, I never had to take them for the surgery. Today is the first day that I seem to have a better time getting my Protein in. I'm going to try some Tomato Soup for dinner and then maybe a little bit of yogurt later on.

Here's my question though (mainly for those who have had the sleeve for a while). I know at first my stomach was making all kinds of noises and just felt really weird. Luckily, it's not feeling as weird and liquids seem to be going down a lot easier. But during healing, is your stomach gonna go through different feelings? Like right now, it kind of feels bruised inside. Not bad, but it kind of reminds me of the feeling of a bruise.

Edited by Lovin2lose

I've started soft foods so far my only issue is time how do you make meals last 20-30min

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If I don't take the time I end up with gas

A spoonful of Benefiber daily made my life easier.

English is my 6th language so forgive me if my sentences don't make any sense at times!

Edited by Lema

3 days out for me. I know it's early *knock on wood* but no heartburn issues, no major bathroom troubles and no pain meds needed. I am gassy if I sip too fast and struggle with gross Protein shakes but have found that unflavored Protein in my Tomato Soup is just as good!

I love this feeling of getting healthy and it's encouraging me so much!

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

I had zero complications from surgery. I did not take one single dose of opiate painkiller since I woke up from surgery but lots of Tylenol and anti nausea meds. My hair actually has grown in THICKER due to all the extra Vitamins that I am taking. There was Some thinning from around 3-6 months but it was minor and now it is thicker than EVER. Even my neighbors notice so it is "noticeably" thicker. I do consider myself VERY lucky, but I also researched the heck out of the surgery, started my Vitamin regime two months in advance of the surgery and followed Drs orders to a tee. NO COMPLICATIONS here[emoji4]