Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 5th that's excellent! I know you're excited. I don't know I think my biggest fear is just fear of the unknown. Knowing that this change is permanent. And I hate feeling sick and nauseous so I'm not looking forward to that. I don't want to pass out cause it's just me and my kids. So yeah , not really fear but more anxiety. God got me though. Are you planning on having an early fourth of July celebration or will you be on a liquid diet? I am happy I will be able to at least have one last "normal" fourth. But come this thanksgiving and Christmas we will be having a whole new experience huh? Good times lol

I am having a liquid diet for the 4th! Woohoo! Surgeon approved me to have a couple drinks on Friday though! Haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

@, Whhaaaat!!!! Ok, liquid diet around the corner, that's how you know time is winding down. I know you are thrilled. And even more , whhaat, you're switching to the sleeve! Ok fellow sleeve buddy lol. I understand though,,it's whatever you feel comfortable with, for me I just wasn't comfortable with the rerouting and malabsorption. I'm really not comfortable with the sleeve but to me it seemed the lesser of two evils. Thanks on the compliment. I'm having some issues now. I'm staying within my calories but I've been incorporating more carbs into my diet which is a no no, I'm just so burnt out!! Still exercising and eating mostly correct though, just have to tell myself this is the last month before surgery. The end is always the hardest and my surgeon insists on one final weigh in the day before surgery for all his patients. I was told I needed to stay the same weight , but I'm wondering if the scale was up a little would it affect anything since I've already exceeded my weight loss. Idk but I'm freaking out . Once I have surgery I can go at my own pace. These weigh ins are pure torture now

Edited by MissB1982

cjacks I'm also having my VGS surgery on August 8th. Let's keep each other encouraged!

DSLdiversity

@@cjacks congratulations!and yes I am a wreck though I still have a month left to go, I'm dealing with anxiety. However the other part of me is ready for the surgery to be over with. This has been a loong hard process and I'm just pretty much exhausted now. I was reading somewhere that in places like Canada they may have a two year or more wait and I really think I would have just given up if I had that long. My nerves are just shot.

@, Whhaaaat!!!! Ok, liquid diet around the corner, that's how you know time is winding down. I know you are thrilled. And even more , whhaat, you're switching to the sleeve! Ok fellow sleeve buddy lol. I understand though,,it's whatever you feel comfortable with, for me I just wasn't comfortable with the rerouting and malabsorption. I'm really not comfortable with the sleeve but to me it seemed the lesser of two evils. Thanks on the compliment. I'm having some issues now. I'm staying within my calories but I've been incorporating more carbs into my diet which is a no no, I'm just so burnt out!! Still exercising and eating mostly correct though, just have to tell myself this is the last month before surgery. The end is always the hardest and my surgeon insists on one final weigh in the day before surgery for all his patients. I was told I needed to stay the same weight , but I'm wondering if the scale was up a little would it affect anything since I've already exceeded my weight loss. Idk but I'm freaking out . Once I have surgery I can go at my own pace. These weigh ins are pure torture now

Can't believe I switched! Lol We went back to my home state and my sister inlaw had RNY about 10 years ago..... she looked very unhealthy, she is 45 and looks 80. So, my husband immediately started doing research and said no way are you having that. You can do the sleeve but, I will not support you for RNY.

Just remember if you are ingesting more calories, excercise more... better to not do weights though... muscle weighs more then fat! ;-)

Have you called your nurse navigator and asked?

We are most there!! 10 days! Woohooo!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the advice, I do love weights and strength training. I'm trying to have legs like Serena Williams lol..it would be hard to stop. And no not taking in more calories , just adding in more carbs so probably won't gain weight, but prob will hold on to more Water. I'm just worrying for nothing. I know it will be ok. It's just like me to be a worry wart. But what you said about your family member looking so much older, oh no!is that due to health issues or is that due to malabsorption? That makes sense though, if your body wasn't able to invest nutrients that your skin would start to sag and stuff. It's all a little scary because we don't know how our bodies individually will react to any of the surgeries. I just believe this is for me. For me I've struggled with weight all my life. In 2012 I had a dream (amongst a time when many other changes were occurring in my life for the better) that I was reading my own obituary and that I had died of CHF. I had no other health issues at the time to make me dream this. My father came to me a week later pleading with me to lose some weight because he had a dream that I ended up in the hospital and I died. I had not even told him about my dream so I was kind of speechless. Anyway that year my father ended up getting murdered and I always wondered if God wanted him to warn me about my health before he died because you may not believe me, but I also dreamed about his death before it happened too, I just didn't understand what I was dreaming at the time. So after he passed I did end up losing twenty pounds initially but went through depression, got in a horrible horrible relationship where I was thiss close to marrying him (that would have been a horrible mistake) and my health problems began . I ended up having to go on bp medicine and found out I had thyroid disease. I tried to get the surgery, and at the time all my insurance offered was lap band. But at that time mentally I wasn't able to do all the requirements for surgery, I was lucky to even be going to work. I ballooned up to 345 in 2014 and I had stopped going out and seeing friends because I was so ashamed of how I looked and I was like this is it, I'm losing weight now! I got on ww and I lost 30 pounds but had gallbladder removal surgery and weight stalled for 7 months. I was soo frustrated with trying to lose weight on my own and counting points and I was actually crying and this thought came into my head again, try weight loss surgery again. As soon as I thought it, the thought came on so strong, like I just knew I would follow through this time and do it. And my insurance did cover the sleeve this time around... So I thank God, I truly do, I know this is something I'm supposed to do and sometimes when we get nervous we have to sit back and think why we decided to do something in the first place. Sorry this is so long, I didn't mean to write my life story, but maybe I needed to to remind myself of why I'm here. Anyway good luck with your surgery and make sure you keep us updated on everything! ????

@ameada, I do worry about looking old after the weightloss :-( I look a lot younger then Iam and I would like that to stay that way ;-)

I'v been through the struggles of the lapband and the removal of the lapband so at this point I have the mind set that if I'm going to do this again I'm going all in. I have about 130lbs to lose and I'm worried with the sleeve its just not the right tool for me..

As far as the malnutrition I'm hoping with making the right food choices as far as your Proteins are concerned, proper Vitamins and becoming much more active I will be able to keep my youth for a bit.

It sure is a scary thing to make a commitment to :o

Good Luck, I'm sure we will both do fabulous!!!!!

DSLdiversity, we can definitely keep each other encouraged. I'm nervous but it feels good to have support of those going through the same struggles you are

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

MissB1982. God will take care if you.. Think about the end results when your feeling anxious.. You will be healthier. The process took as long as it needed to.. You are having your surgery when God is ready for you to have it.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thanks @@cjacks

Thanks for the advice, I do love weights and strength training. I'm trying to have legs like Serena Williams lol..it would be hard to stop. And no not taking in more calories , just adding in more carbs so probably won't gain weight, but prob will hold on to more Water. I'm just worrying for nothing. I know it will be ok. It's just like me to be a worry wart. But what you said about your family member looking so much older, oh no!is that due to health issues or is that due to malabsorption? That makes sense though, if your body wasn't able to invest nutrients that your skin would start to sag and stuff. It's all a little scary because we don't know how our bodies individually will react to any of the surgeries. I just believe this is for me. For me I've struggled with weight all my life. In 2012 I had a dream (amongst a time when many other changes were occurring in my life for the better) that I was reading my own obituary and that I had died of CHF. I had no other health issues at the time to make me dream this. My father came to me a week later pleading with me to lose some weight because he had a dream that I ended up in the hospital and I died. I had not even told him about my dream so I was kind of speechless. Anyway that year my father ended up getting murdered and I always wondered if God wanted him to warn me about my health before he died because you may not believe me, but I also dreamed about his death before it happened too, I just didn't understand what I was dreaming at the time. So after he passed I did end up losing twenty pounds initially but went through depression, got in a horrible horrible relationship where I was thiss close to marrying him (that would have been a horrible mistake) and my health problems began . I ended up having to go on bp medicine and found out I had thyroid disease. I tried to get the surgery, and at the time all my insurance offered was lap band. But at that time mentally I wasn't able to do all the requirements for surgery, I was lucky to even be going to work. I ballooned up to 345 in 2014 and I had stopped going out and seeing friends because I was so ashamed of how I looked and I was like this is it, I'm losing weight now! I got on ww and I lost 30 pounds but had gallbladder removal surgery and weight stalled for 7 months. I was soo frustrated with trying to lose weight on my own and counting points and I was actually crying and this thought came into my head again, try weight loss surgery again. As soon as I thought it, the thought came on so strong, like I just knew I would follow through this time and do it. And my insurance did cover the sleeve this time around... So I thank God, I truly do, I know this is something I'm supposed to do and sometimes when we get nervous we have to sit back and think why we decided to do something in the first place. Sorry this is so long, I didn't mean to write my life story, but maybe I needed to to remind myself of why I'm here. Anyway good luck with your surgery and make sure you keep us updated on everything!

The doctor said it is due to malabsorption. She is taking her Vitamins and eating as instructed. For some, it does this... that is what her surgeon says anyways. :-/

I think you are right! The Lord works in mysterious ways!! I am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. ❤

You are going to do great!! Keep your eye on the prize!!

@ameada, I do worry about looking old after the weightloss :-( I look a lot younger then Iam and I would like that to stay that way ;-)

I'v been through the struggles of the lapband and the removal of the lapband so at this point I have the mind set that if I'm going to do this again I'm going all in. I have about 130lbs to lose and I'm worried with the sleeve its just not the right tool for me..

As far as the malnutrition I'm hoping with making the right food choices as far as your Proteins are concerned, proper Vitamins and becoming much more active I will be able to keep my youth for a bit.

It sure is a scary thing to make a commitment to :o

Good Luck, I'm sure we will both do fabulous!!!!!

Shaunie, you are going to do great!! I apologize for bringing it up, I should have pm'd it.

Good Luck!!

All you July 5th wls beauties, next week is it! Congratulations again, how is everybody feeling? Can you actually believe it??