Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's a packing list I've started, although I've heard alot of peeps say to pack next to nothing. Like, am I REALLY gonna want to put makeup on?

*Gas X strips (although my surgeon said dont, the nurses will be mad if you self medicate)

*toothpaste

*toothbrush

*biotene spray

*listerene strips

*those little disposable toothbrushes with paste on (colgate maybe?)

*hair ties

*Makeup?

*Shampoo

*Conditioner

*Body wash

*Magazines

(Some said we wouldnt be able to focus on a book on pain meds)

*Ipad/charger

*Cell/charger

*Ear buds

(If u dont have a long charger cord bring extension cord)

*Eye mask

*Ear plugs

*Chapstick

*Lotion

*Pads

*Brush

*Driver's license

*Insurance card

*Glasses

*Cpap

*Slippers

*Nightgown?

*Robe?

*Pillow (for ride home)

*Baby spoons

*Go home comfy outfit

*Undies

*Flip flops

*Heating pad?

*Medications (bariatric folder says to bring)

*Bariatric folder

This is what I've come up with. If you have any opinions or ideas let me know!

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Was in the hospital gown the entire time, so nightgown/pjs not needed. Wouldn't let me shower, so shampoo/body wash etc, not needed. Didn't need baby spoons, they provided spoons, but believe me, you really won't want to eat. Water was my only friend. Biotene helped since I couldn't drink anything the day of surgery. Headphones/earbuds definitely helped since I had a snoring roommate. My hospital gave me a pillow with the sleeve procedure diagram on it - it was an autograph pillow, so my nurses and doctors signed it...lol.

Can it really be 5 days since I got sleeved? Well, I'm counting the days until I meet with the doctor and get cleared to eat pureed food. I must say that considering I am on liquids, I really am not hungry. I just want something to chew! Soreness is going away. No real pain. I never got my Rx filled as I decided to tough it out. Swallowing is still a chore. I certainly know when my sip is too big because my stomach retaliates. The easiest thing to go down are the sugar-free Luigi's ices since they just melt and slide down on their own. Hope everyone else is getting along well.

Ok 26ers it's Nancy K., 25er! this has been a 18 month process for me and damn if it ain't here! I'm excited but nervous a bit and want it to be about 4 in the afternoon July 25...It's a trip, I've got to say, but lately I've had friends/coworkers making the are you sure, isn't this extreme, you're really not going through with this, are you? comments. the person I get the most negative crapiola from is very heavy herself. she makes comments like, " wow, i'd never do something so extreme. I've heard lots of people gain it all back etc, etc., etc." has anyone else experienced this?

Ugh! That sux that peeps are doing that to you. As if we aren't nervous enough. I've been lucky with everyone I've told being very supportive. The one person that said something like that to me was also very overweight and is an exersize junkie. I thought for sure out of anyone she would understand my struggle.

Good luck on Monday! We'll be thinking of you. Check in when you are able.

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

thank you so much for your words or encouragement. I think that some people want us to stay sick because when we get well they believe a light now shines on them. IN other words, as long as we're sick, they can look at us and say I'm not as sick as that person. also., it seems like getting well then poses the question to these folks, am I ill? you know what i mean.... I do have many people who are supportive. Part of the problem is my bmi was only 35 when I started and I come from large stock meaning i carry weight fairly well. so they'd look at me and figure i'm just taking the easy way out etc. little do they know!:)

Ok 26ers it's Nancy K., 25er! this has been a 18 month process for me and damn if it ain't here! I'm excited but nervous a bit and want it to be about 4 in the afternoon July 25...It's a trip, I've got to say, but lately I've had friends/coworkers making the are you sure, isn't this extreme, you're really not going through with this, are you? comments. the person I get the most negative crapiola from is very heavy herself. she makes comments like, " wow, i'd never do something so extreme. I've heard lots of people gain it all back etc, etc., etc." has anyone else experienced this?

Let it go in one ear and out the other. I have told very few people for that very reason. But some have been questioning. I just pretend to listen and fantasize about all the amazing clothes my small body will be wearing. Keep your eye on the prize. A new healthy and happy you!!!! So glad we are all in this together. Nobody NOBODY understands like we all do. So excited you are a day before us so as soon as you are up and about check in on MONDAY!!!! we will all be eagerly waiting. Prayers for you girl!!!! We got this!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Let it go in one ear and out the other. I have told very few people for that very reason. But some have been questioning. I just pretend to listen and fantasize about all the amazing clothes my small body will be wearing. Keep your eye on the prize. A new healthy and happy you!!!! So glad we are all in this together. Nobody NOBODY understands like we all do. So excited you are a day before us so as soon as you are up and about check in on MONDAY!!!! we will all be eagerly waiting. Prayers for you girl!!!! We got this!!!!!!!

You have no idea how your kind words bolster me up and make me feel just plain good! I'm with you on the clothes fantasies:)

Good luck to everyone having surgery today! I still can't believe it's been a week already. Feeling great, no pain, just a little soreness at my incisions. Haven't thrown up anything yet and on mushies which I am tolerating well so far! How's everyone else doing?

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Hi, my surgery is Wednesday and no because I refused to tell anyone. Maybe later after its done but probably not.

I feel the same way. This is hard enough. I don't need anyone else's negativity.

When I first looked into the gastric sleeve a few years back, I wasn't sure at the time if I was ready. I limited my thoughts with my sister and two of my closest friends.

We know who "our people" are and should only tell what we want to who we want...those we trust and feel comfortable with. What I learned this time around, as I'm unwavering about my decision, is that I will need the support from my family, close friends and select co-workers and clients who fall into my "circle of trust."

I've been fortunate that I've received nothing but positive support and excitement from everyone. They know how long I've struggled...and even a client shared her private lap band snafu and inquired about my surgeon for a consult herself.

After the procedure is done, it will be pretty obvious that I'm losing weight. Now...when asked? I can say that I've had had plastic surgery, dysentery or WLS lol...I'm going with WLS ;) Should there be any haters? I will just shut them down gently with a smile...because negative energy is their choice. I've made mine!

Don't let a negative opinion take root...good luck moving forward!

My story is a hiatal hernia. And I'm sticking to it!!

Haha! I got the BIGGEST giggle out of this one! Although it's also true in my case too...I'm going to keep that one in my back pocket ;)

Haha! I got the BIGGEST giggle out of this one! Although it's also true in my case too...I'm going to keep that one in my back pocket ;)

I did some research on it and the pre diet and post diets are similar....Perfect cover story. :rolleyes:

I thought about using this too!

The thing is, I'm not sure my family and friends will suspect WLS with my weight loss. Those who have known me for years, have seen me gain and lose weight many times before. They'll probably just think, "Oh she's on one of her weight loss kicks." The thing is... this time it's going to STICK! :D

I think it actually was good that we had an extended family camping weekend while I was on my pre-op diet. I told everyone I was doing a high Protein, liquid cleanse-type diet. They kept trying to get me to eat tons of other stuff and kept saying, "Is that all you can have?" So they already saw I was doing something more extreme towards weight loss. It won't be too big of a shocker when they see that I'm smaller next time. When I did the HCG diet, I did lost 20 pounds in a month. So they've seen me do it before. I don't think they'll jump to the WLS conclusion or the dysentery one either. LOL.

I have the same story as well.

Good luck to everyone having surgery today! I still can't believe it's been a week already. Feeling great, no pain, just a little soreness at my incisions. Haven't thrown up anything yet and on mushies which I am tolerating well so far! How's everyone else doing?

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Hi there! I was same day as you. Also doing very well. Swallowing so much easier, slept on side yesterday, also started mushies today, have not yet thrown up! Sounds like we're both doing pretty well.

The one thing is that I will probably miss my liquid target today. Given the no drinking before and after eating I fell behind on my first day of mushies. Will try harder tomorrow!