Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 7/12/16 and refuse to look at a scale until my follow up lol

Sent from my Z970 using the BariatricPal App

How's it been? When is your follow up?
I'm learning how to use this app sorry lol... Everything has been okay minus the two nights ago when I laid on my stomach and stretched wrong in my sleep(ouch). Also they gave me some liquid stool softener and I can't swallow so I literally just called the docs office for advice.

Sent from my Z970 using the BariatricPal App

I got sleeved on July 11 2016. I am back in hospital because of a leak. The pain was unbarable. I have not eaten barely anything since the surgery but right now I am sipping on a carton of mild and I am on a morphine pump and feeling good. I figured I needed something in my tummy besides the salt Water they called broth or the diet Jello that tasted like it was make with lemon clensers. So 1% milk ok for me?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using the BariatricPal App

Oh my, I'm so sorry for the setback but it looks like it was caught and now being resolved. Did you have constant pain or just pain when you eat?

Constant right side pain that got worse by each day. I have been in the hospital since Sunday morning they are just trying to keep me comfortable until My sleeve heals enought to place a stent at the leak

Constant right side pain that got worse by each day. I have been in the hospital since Sunday morning they are just trying to keep me comfortable until My sleeve heals enought to place a stent at the leak

Feel better!!! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I took the milk well. I sipped on the 8oz carton for about an hour.

July 28 is the date

All things are possible when you BELIEVE!!!

Hi! I'm also on July 28th! So close...I'm trying to stay focused and keeping my body calm.

Had my operation 9 hours ago. I've been really lucky so far (or the drugs are good).

No pain and have drunk a lot of Water. Slept most of the day, and have walked a bit. My dr assures me they did the operation! Ha.

Other patient has been groggy a lot longer. I'm hoping I continue to feel like this once the good drugs wear off. I need to work from home when I leave in 2 days, so will see if that happens okay.

All the best everyone, with your op and pre-op diet!

If you want into the July sleevers FB Group, private message me and I will send you the link.

Hello everyone,

My surgery is tmrw (7/21/16) and I am excited and nervous.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Good luck!!!!! Super exciting. Cant wait to join you !!!!!! Report back when you feel like it and fill us all in. What time is your surgery?

Hello everyone,

My surgery is tmrw (7/21/16) and I am excited and nervous.

Good luck!!!!! Super exciting. Cant wait to join you !!!!!! Report back when you feel like it and fill us all in. What time is your surgery?

Don't know the time just know I have to be there at 8am

I am home now, felt great to shower today. Not having any problems with fluids, some gas pain, but not unbearable. Incisions are very sore, but all in all nor feeling too "bad". Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Ok I'm home now, comfortable and my typing arm isn't hooked up to an IV anymore so I can let you guys know how it went.

I found these play by plays so helpful when I was researching the board so hope this one is too. Here goes:

- I showed up at the hospital at my designated time of 8:15 am on Thursday. When I got there, the Preoperative nurse went over paperwork with me, had me take a pregnancy test, had me change into a gown and set up my IV who I promptly named Blue IV Carter. Since I had no one with me and had not invited visitors to the hospital, the preop nurse also wrapped up my clothing and bag and left it with security.

- while I was in the preop room the following people came by to check in with me and see if I had any questions: the surgeon, my physicians assistant, the surgery nurse, the anesthesiologist, and the anesthesia nurse.

- I was also left alone in the room for quite some time as the surgery before mine ran long so I took that time to peruse my file and read all my clearance letters. I noticed that the shrink who did my psych clearance had not listened to a word I said and his letter was riddled with errors but oh well, it was effective for my insurance company and I see my own therapist anyway.

- the surgery nurse comes to fetch me and walk me into the OR where I was greeted by at least a dozen people. The anasthesia nurse told me the first thing she would give me would feel like a "glass of wine" and one of the surgery assistants told me he was hooking me up to something that would massage my legs. "Oh, like a fancy spa." I said and then my surgeon came to wish me a good sleep and that's the last I remember until

- I woke up in the post op room extremely nauseous and in a lot of pain. I was retching and dry heaving a lot. The anasthesia nurse was there and showed me how to use my PCA and I proceeded to press the button repeatedly. This was the worst part of the whole experience. I ended up spending almost 6 hours in the post op room while they got a room ready for me. The hospital was backed up and they apologized for this several times. My mouth was super dry, to the point of pain, my cheeks sticking to my teeth and what not. The post op nurse brought me some cups of Water to swish and spit which brought some light relief but I was fantasizing about the bottle of biotene spray that was locked up with security. I also must have slept quite a bit while down there. They brought several other patients in and out from other surgeries while I was there. At some point my surgeon stopped by to tell me he had done a liver biopsy as well.

- eventually transport took me to my unit, which was not my surgeons preferred unit but made me happy because it was a unit with all private rooms. The transport was also awful- they banged me into a wall and Blue IV Carter got stuck a couple of times. As soon as I got into my bed in my unit I started dry heaving again.

- I met my (lovely) nurses and begged them to retrieve my bags from security for me. While I waited for those I swished and spit some more and drifted in and out of sleep.

- when I got my bags the biotene was a huge life saver. It kept my mouth moist for the rest of the night as I was on nil per mouth and wasn't even allowed ice chips or Water. Shout out to the bariatric pal community for recommending I pack that.

- at this point (7:30/8pm) I started feeling pretty great. The pain meds were doing their job and the nurses gave me Zofran for nausea which worked great. I started doing laps around the floor with Blue IV. About every 5-6 laps elicited a little burp which felt great.

- I spent the rest of the night alternately sleeping, walking my laps, spraying with biotene, and using the spirometer. Around 2am the nurse asked me if I had urinated. I had not and she informed me if I didn't go soon she would have to insert a catheter. I interpreted this as a grave threat and stepped up the laps and made many attempts to pee while running the shower and sink faucets. At some point my nurse changed me from a clear bag of IV fluids to a yellow one rich with Vitamins. Between that a YouTube video of a babbling brook I propped up on the sink I finally went around 5:30 am and the catheter threat was over.

- I slept about an hour and was awoken by a parade of about 10 cheery residents, 3 of whom were in my surgery. They asked how I was feeling, checked out my 5 incisions and went on their merry way. They returned throughout the day in various configurations of 2-3 at a time to make sure I was walking, using the spirometer and feeling okay.

- my surgeon came by around 9 am to check in and tell me that the surgery went great and I would be free to go around 3-4 pm and that I could have Clear Liquids.

- my nurse brought me a tray of tea, water, veggie broth, orange jell-o and apple juice. I had the water and about half the broth. It felt great ! And elicited more gentle burping.

- around 12 pm in preparation for my discharge they took away my dear Blue IV Carter and replaced her with a non PCA model. Bye bye morphine.

- I then slept hard for about a 2 hour stretch- the longest stretch of the whole ordeal. When I woke up there was a lunch tray with the same stuff as the Breakfast try. I had half the broth again.

- the surgeons PA came in with my discharge paperwork and final instructions. I changed into my clothes, called an Uber and now I'm recovering comfortably at home. Voila.

tl;dr- surgery went fine, pack biotene, try hard to pee.

U r awesome the way u explained ur stay and ur surgery thank u my surgery date is 7/25

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App