Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This whole thread is Drama, eat what you want ,if your unsure talk to your Dr!,we are not licensed professionals, we didn't go over your health. EVRERYONE here has a different goal,mindset, and plans.. so Sanju when you ask, understand this..not everyone here is open minded, and humble. Some think they are Experts... with no PhD.

Wish you the best.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

You'll find quite a few of us are actually licensed medical professionals with strong backgrounds in nutrition and other relevant information. That doesn't mean we know everything, but it does mean there is legitimate education and experience behind our advice. Not only are there a TON of nurses on this site, but some of them even work in bariatrics. Don't be so quick to dismiss different perspectives. You could potentially miss out on helpful advice.

Let's all calm down and consider the OP's initial question:

"Did I eat too large of a meal? And did I eat the other half to soon?"

He didn't really ask for advice about eating flatbreads, his question was clearly about "fullness", not carbs, not calories.

Those of you who wish he'd ask other questions and chose to answer the question you wish he had asked in a condescending way are simply shaming busy bodies (IMHO)....

This whole thread is Drama, eat what you want ,if your unsure talk to your Dr!,we are not licensed professionals, we didn't go over your health. EVRERYONE here has a different goal,mindset, and plans.. so Sanju when you ask, understand this..not everyone here is open minded, and humble. Some think they are Experts... with no PhD.

Wish you the best.

You'll find quite a few of us are actually licensed medical professionals with strong backgrounds in nutrition and other relevant information. That doesn't mean we know everything, but it does mean there is legitimate education and experience behind our advice. Not only are there a TON of nurses on this site, but some of them even work in bariatrics. Don't be so quick to dismiss different perspectives. You could potentially miss out on helpful advice.
You do see how everyone is reacting to his post right..some are jerks, and sarcastic..if he is asking a question ,its because he is afraid to call his DR. And 2nd Im no dummy i also work the the Medical Field, but thats doesn't dismiss or to say I am right and you should follow it my way. This is the reason why he seen a DR. In the first place, so by all means, you make some sense as to what i said ,but like i said before not everyone ,and when i say everyone we have a few who have lost so much weight and forgot they also had these questions, they also where FAT and oBESE at one point..which is why they are here on this Forum.

This is a WLS site. This is not a: "Look at me and my lecture I am preparing for" site. I will share this: I am an attorney, but I would never loom that over anyone's head--because my title is a distraction from what is really going on with me. What is really going on is that I am afraid of my sleeve failing or rather, I am afraid of not complying (which I have done thousands of times) and failing at WLS. Nobody gives a shit what people do in their professional lives, I just want to know one thing when I come on this site: How are you (the person with the sleeve) making your way in this world with your sleeve and how are you adjusting to life? Further then, I ask myself: What should I be doing differently? Why am I stumbling? What am I missing? I can learn my answers from a stay at home mom who has had the sleeve just as easily as I can learn my answers from a physicist. Nobody cares what you are doing in your preparation of a lecture. What I would take away from this is introspection: Why did I NEED to mention that? When I have to mention what it is that I do, it is normally a mask I am placing over what is really going on. I can see it clearly--because perhaps as people we are more alike than not.

I wish you success, and I hope I remain teachable,

Leilie

This is a WLS site. This is not a: "Look at me and my lecture I am preparing for" site. I will share this: I am an attorney, but I would never loom that over anyone's head--because my title is a distraction from what is really going on with me. What is really going on is that I am afraid of my sleeve failing or rather, I am afraid of not complying (which I have done thousands of times) and failing at WLS. Nobody gives a **** what people do in their professional lives, I just want to know one thing when I come on this site: How are you (the person with the sleeve) making your way in this world with your sleeve and how are you adjusting to life? Further then, I ask myself: What should I be doing differently? Why am I stumbling? What am I missing? I can learn my answers from a stay at home mom who has had the sleeve just as easily as I can learn my answers from a physicist. Nobody cares what you are doing in your preparation of a lecture. What I would take away from this is introspection: Why did I NEED to mention that? When I have to mention what it is that I do, it is normally a mask I am placing over what is really going on. I can see it clearly--because perhaps as people we are more alike than not.

Leilie

My original reason for mentioning that I was preparing for lecture was because I was eating the sandwich while doing so. I'm not trying to mask anything, I put it out there to get opinions on the whole experience. It was to imply that I was distracted while eating.

Also, I do not see anything wrong in inviting the community in public forums to attend free lectures in a public university. I will continue to do this in future posts. My hope isn't that someone gives a **** about my work, but it is that they continue to learn about the subjects after they have attended an lecture, and hopefully are able to further their education.

Thanks for your input.

Best,

Sanju

This is a WLS site. This is not a: "Look at me and my lecture I am preparing for" site. I will share this: I am an attorney, but I would never loom that over anyone's head--because my title is a distraction from what is really going on with me. What is really going on is that I am afraid of my sleeve failing or rather, I am afraid of not complying (which I have done thousands of times) and failing at WLS. Nobody gives a **** what people do in their professional lives, I just want to know one thing when I come on this site: How are you (the person with the sleeve) making your way in this world with your sleeve and how are you adjusting to life? Further then, I ask myself: What should I be doing differently? Why am I stumbling? What am I missing? I can learn my answers from a stay at home mom who has had the sleeve just as easily as I can learn my answers from a physicist. Nobody cares what you are doing in your preparation of a lecture. What I would take away from this is introspection: Why did I NEED to mention that? When I have to mention what it is that I do, it is normally a mask I am placing over what is really going on. I can see it clearly--because perhaps as people we are more alike than not.

Leilie

When I taught, I learned from my students because they challenged me.

Now I own a local business and I learn the most from my team members because I give them the ability to try new things in the work process.

Regarding my sleeve, I learned the most from people who were willing to call me on my actions, point out my flaws and challenge me to do better.

If I wanted pat answers and warm fuzzy advice, I'd have visited my Aunt Marie. Probably would have enjoyed a slice of her amazing coconut cake while there, too.

:)

I can eat a whole 6' sub with all the fixings without any issues. I'm 6 months out and have lost 133lbs but I also work out 2hrs a day and lift weights. I believe you need those calories to keep your energy. Also, everyone is different and their meals plans are as well. So keep doing what your doing!

I HOPE you meant 6" and not 6'!
But guys, why isn't anyone talking about the fact that @@jennjones5 is eating 6' sandwiches with all fixings? I only ate a measly 1/12th of that

Best,

Sanju

Leilie

When I taught, I learned from my students because they challenged me.

Now I own a local business and I learn the most from my team members because I give them the ability to try new things in the work process.

Regarding my sleeve, I learned the most from people who were willing to call me on my actions, point out my flaws and challenge me to do better.

If I wanted pat answers and warm fuzzy advice, I'd have visited my Aunt Marie. Probably would have enjoyed a slice of her amazing coconut cake while there, too.

:)

We keep coming back to the same issue of hard advice vs soft advice.

When the real issue here is that my dozen roses have wilted waiting for you...

Best,

Sanju

It was only an invitation for introspection. I get it, not everyone does that. The best thing about the topic board is that I can write something (start a topic) and there will be twenty different interpretations of what I have said or what I should/could think about. It is really quite an amazing process. I welcome it, even when I feel someone is snappy--because at the end of the day I recognize that I am not in control of people's reactions and I trust that most people are sincerely only trying to share what worked for them or their personal experience. WLS is not just a physical change it is also very emotional for many of us who have been invisible due to our obesity. My top weight was 261 pounds as an adult, today I am 176 pounds (I have quite a bit to go), but I still find myself on guard against the world that ignored me or belittled me. Today, I am just trying to find peace with my process and I wish everyone peace with their individual processes.

Edited by LEILE

I can eat a whole 6' sub with all the fixings without any issues. I'm 6 months out and have lost 133lbs but I also work out 2hrs a day and lift weights. I believe you need those calories to keep your energy. Also, everyone is different and their meals plans are as well. So keep doing what your doing!

But guys, why isn't anyone talking about the fact that @@jennjones5 is eating 6' sandwiches with all fixings? I only ate a measly 1/12th of that

Best,

Sanju

One reason is because she's 6 months out from surgery - big difference. She also didn't ask what our thoughts were on the fact she ate a 6" sandwich (in 2 meals - only 30 minutes apart). This post needs to be put to bed!

Best,

Sanju

One reason is because she's 6 months out from surgery - big difference. She also didn't ask what our thoughts were on the fact she ate a 6" sandwich (in 2 meals - only 30 minutes apart). This post needs to be put to bed!
The joke was 6' vs 6" = 6 foot vs. 6 inch. I wasn't trying to make a point about 6 months out vs 2 months out... but you were to trigger happy to realize the difference.

When you can't understand different unit symbols, and try to make a point about me through making a parallel that was derived from a total lack of understanding... I have no words.

Alright I'm done with this thread ✌

Thanks again everyone for all the advice.

Best,

Sanju

Edited by sanjumelts

We keep coming back to the same issue of hard advice vs soft advice.

When the real issue here is that my dozen roses have wilted waiting for you...

Best,

Sanju

Generally when someone who shows an aversion to my style of communication calls me dear, honey, darling, etc. I am leery of any token they may offer. I quite suspect there is a bee in those buds just waiting for me to take a sniff.

;)

It was only an invitation for introspection. I get it, not everyone does that. The best thing about the topic board is that I can write something (start a topic) and there will be twenty different interpretations of what I have said or what I should/could think about. It is really quite an amazing process. I welcome it, even when I feel someone is snappy--because at the end of the day I recognize that I am not in control of people's reactions and I trust that most people are sincerely only trying to share what worked for them or their personal experience. WLS is not just a physical change it is also very emotional for many of us who have been invisible due to our obesity. My top weight was 261 pounds as an adult, today I am 176 pounds (I have quite a bit to go), but I still find myself on guard against the world that ignored me or belittled me. Today, I am just trying to find peace with my process and I wish everyone peace with their individual processes.

Agree. If I only wanted an opinion that matched mine, I'd call on my granny. If I only wanted a single opinion, I'd call my NP. When I want a true variety of experiences and opinions, I come to a public forum.

And one of my favorite things about forums like this? Not only can I get a variety of thought processes presented to me, but the twists and turns of the actual conversations are fascinating. How boring would it be if all the threads stuck 100% to the original question posed?

What a snore that would be!