Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you know when your stomach is full? I am going into my third week post op with just a soft diet. I have been eating the required amounts of soft food. I'm not hungry but I just want to know the signs.

Thank you.

Bari Blanca

it took a while for the sensation to return to my stomach fully. I don't know how to describe it. I don't really eat to feel full, I just eat to not feel hungry and meet my goals- hungry is just sort of an empty feeling for me now. On work days my daily goals of food is pretty much preportioned as it has to go with me in the morning - and I just eat that measured food during the day when it is convenient or I feel the need.

a couple of times I accidentally ate till I was full. one bite over the line and it feels like your worst after Thanksgiving meal fullness, which was somewhat hilarious to me given the small amount I had eaten. :D

You will feel the restriction. That's why it's so important to eat slowly. For me I get two warnings. The first warning is the first hint of restriction. I am now trained to stop there. I can keep eating and the final warning is not subtle and quite painful. If I try to eat past this last warning I will throw up.

I am 2 weeks post. I still feel kinda hungry after eating. But I definitely get backed up in my upper torso chest area. Usually when I stop. I just started soft foods so I'm trying to get my protien without shakes. Did it today over 80 grams. Had about six tiny meals today just about all protiens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

with time you will learn what your full signals are. That's why it's important to eat slow. And for me it's different with different foods. Beef, even ground beef, I cannot eat much of. Maybe two or three bites. But salmon I can eat almost 4 oz