Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in Richmond, VA and I have been battling my weight the majority of my life. Just like most people I would lose about 40-50lbs but gain it back plus more. I finally made the decision to get weight loss surgery. I am very excited and optimistic about my future but there is one thing that I don't have.....a SUPPORT SYSTEM. I don't have very many friends and the friends I do have live hours away. My parents are supportive but they live 14 hours away. I found this app and have been browsing through and I'm excited to find people that can relate and can help me along the way. Next month will be the end of my 6 month supervised diet requirement. I have met my surgeon and a nutrionist. The only other requirement needed is my psych evaluation. I'm soooo close! Im hoping to get approved and get a surgery date in August. ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Welcome! You will find so many supportive people here. Good luck with your journey!

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Welcome! Like the other post said, we can be your support!!

Also, don't be afraid to continue to talk with a counselor or psychiatrist during your journey. There is no shame in that and they can help with healthy strategies for dealing with the psychological ramifications that can go along with this journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome, @@lovelymilena . This is a great place for support. Congratulations, between making it through the 6 month diet requirement and making sure to reach out for help, you have already taken some of the toughest steps. You got this!

Edited by Thucydides

I am also getting closer to my surgery, I have my psych appointment this week, and the following week, second appointment with my Nut. So this is becoming very real. I have not talked to many people about this because I feel it's my business. My husband is the only one in the family that knows. I hope all goes well for you. I'll be here for you if you'll be ther for me.

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Lovelymilena, this forum is terrific for support, but what I think is the most valuable thing is....we (nicely) call each other out on our BS when we make excuses, whine without really wanting to change, and wallow in the Land of Poor Me for too long.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is extremely supportive when going through physical pain, concern, worrying about something....it's a really kind, helpful outpouring of love from people who know exactly what you're going through. But people here also know when it's time tell you to get back up on that bike and ride again, if that makes sense (metaphorically).

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Welcome, Friend.

Whatever you come up against, you will always find someone here who has had a similar experience and can share that experience with you. There will ALWAYS be someone here with an opinion! :) That , I can guarantee you!

WLS can be a struggle, but it can also be the most joyous journey of your life.

It will mostly be up to you which personal experience you will have. Learn to work with your new body--not against it and you will do splendidly.

You can do this! You've already come almost to the "starting gate".

Prayers going up for you . :)

Welcome, Friend.

Whatever you come up against, you will always find someone here who has had a similar experience and can share that experience with you. There will ALWAYS be someone here with an opinion! :) That , I can guarantee you!

WLS can be a struggle, but it can also be the most joyous journey of your life.

It will mostly be up to you which personal experience you will have. Learn to work with your new body--not against it and you will do splendidly.

You can do this! You've already come almost to the "starting gate".

Prayers going up for you . :)

Than you Valentina!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Let's go Champ!