Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am five weeks out from surgery and only lost 18 pounds. I eat 600calories a day walk and don't loos feel like crying I will never loos the Waite

Edited by Join7l7

Took me 3 months to lose 17 pounds. And I was ecstatic. Chill out. You didn't get fat in a few months and you aren't going to get skinny in a few months,either. Just stick with the plan, get 60-80g Protein, 64oz fluids (more is better), take your Vitamins, don't worry about calories, replace your lofty expectations with realistic goals and SOTFS!!!!

I am eating eggs, ricotta cheese ,refried Beans, and tuna, mostly every day

Around 4 oz each meal. Yesterday I had 6oz chilli for diner and a Protein Shake a day.

Dont feel like that. I lost 21 pounds in 2 weeks 3days before surgery i lost 5pounds than after surgery till may 25 ,after that i lost nothing...not 1 pound..thou im going to be honest im not gaining and 21 pounds is a lot. I guess my body is trying to catch up to my weightloss. I do eat or shall i say pick like a bird here and there not fatty or fried just like eggs, hummus, veggie chips, cottage cheese ,tuna with Mayonnaise and corn in it. Really what i eat.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

I've lost weight at a very slow pace in comparison to many others who've had the VSG, but that's fine because I'm going at the speed that works best for my body. I think it's an accomplishment that you've lost 18 pounds in five weeks! Be proud. If you're anything like me, you've probably lost and gained 18 pounds in the past many times. The significant difference this time is that instead of yo-yo'ing and putting that right back on, you're going to keep it off, and lose more.

You might actually not be eating enough. Our bodies have evolved to make adaptations for our survival. In the past when humans were faced with famine and not consuming adequate amounts of food, their bodies would make changes to resist losing weight to help keep them alive. Today our bodies still get freaked out when we don't get enough calories, even though most of us who've had WLS are not in any danger of starving. We'll lose weight at first, but if we keep consuming less calories than needed the loss will usually stop or significantly slow down. I lost weight when I bumped my calorie intake from 600 to 700 calories at two months post-op. I'd been at 800 calories around Christmas, then went on vacation and came back to discover that despite having eaten more and even indulged at times, I'd lost weight. I do best in the 1000-1300 calorie range now (nearly 10 months post-surgery). Try gradually adding in more healthy, Protein or fiber-rich forms of calories, and see if that helps you out.

I am a very slow loser. You have a tool not a miracle. Keep moving forward and do not give up!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Jeez. Your expectations are ridiculously high.

All that matters is whether you lose your excess weight and maintain that loss -- not how fast you lose it.

FTR you are losing faster than most WLS patients do when you take into account your very unusual pre-op weight loss.

Hi I am five weeks out from surgery and only lost 18 pounds. I eat 600calories a day walk and don't loos feel like crying I will never loos the Waite

Don't get discouraged. Don't worry about the weight, we all lose at different paces. I don't get on the scale (mine is out of battery and I don't want to fix it) because I will be checked at all the follow up appointments. I try not to let the weight define me. Go by how you feel! Hey, 18 pounds is a loss! Some people can't lose that in a year! Good luck and try not to let it discourage you. You are on the right track.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I agree with Kindle. SOTFS!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Has anyone tried Atkins? I do not do well with carbs so instead of the liquid diet I did low carb and I lost 18lbs in the first 10 days and during my 3 month diet I lost 42lbs. I did some blood work during this time and all the levels were perfect my Dr was very impressed and kinda suprized because my weight was still 355lbs with levels even showing that I did not have a fatty liver. I am convinced that sugar is the enemy not fat in foods.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using the BariatricPal App

Also I ate like 1800 calories a day

Sent from my SPH-L720 using the BariatricPal App