Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mermaid out of water! (My journey)

After 36 hours I was discharged from the hospital. My recovery was fine, I had minimal pain and able to keep fluids down. I never got nauseous nor threw up! All the hospital staff I dealt with was extremely nice.

I have 5 incisions going straight across my stomach. Luckily enough it is enough down below my bra line and above my pant line where I shouldn't have issues wearing those in a few days.

Hoping the rest of my recovery goes as smoothly as it has started.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yay! Im si glad you're doing so well! I was sleeved 6/9 and had awful nausea and a terrible headache for the 1st 24hrs. I'm drinking fluids and feeling great! I live across the state from you in Sebastian. My surgery weight was 289 and my goal weight is 150. Go us!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Hey mermaidgirl, we were both sleeved the same day in Tampa!

I figured this would be a good place to chronicle my experience and steps. It feels comforting to know that I found a community with other people who have done the same thing, as well are going through it now.

My journey has been a long one, I started this process back at the end of 2014 and having surgery next week. A mixture of turning 26 / finding insurance / anxiety and many other things have made this quite the long journey!

I am sorry for rambling! I am very excited to be here but a bit shy. I have surgery on June 8, 2016 in Tampa Florida. I have been put on a two week diet of 2 8oz Protein drinks a day, 1 4oz solid Protein and 1/2 of leafy green vegetables a day. I find this diet restrictive and confusing, however I never gathered the courage to call to see if I could eat a more variety of vegetables.

Currently I am drinking Isopure Protein Drinks, I have tried Pure Protein and Lean Body but both made me extremely nauseous after drinking them multiple times a day a few days in a row. I've been enjoying Isopure quite a bit.

For the stats from what I read last

CW: 289

GW: 150

149 pounds to go!

I decided to make a bullet list and give myself small goals along the way.

Awesome! I'm from florida also and 26 :). I'm 6 weeks post op. Message me if you ever want to talk!

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

Hi Mermaidgirl!! I'm in Tampa, Florida as well.. I haven't have surgery yet waiting for my 6 months of supervised dieting to be over. 4 more to go. Who's doing your surgery and what hospital?

I used Dr.Dietrick and went to Florida Hospital Tampa! The only complaints I have are its hard to reach the office and one of the front desk girls was sort of rude, she seems to be gone now.

My surgery was kind of weird. Other than the obvious small pain of swallowing, the cuts and a bit tenderness to the Tummy I'm perfectly normal. I had no nausea, never threw up or had anything try to come up. It was difficult to keep me in bed and I kept wandering the halls. For the most part it does not hurt for me to stand/sit or anything along those lines. I'm put on a pain medicine that is recommend to be taken every 4 hours and I have not felt the need to take it in 36 hours. The only complaint I have is the liquid diet and how long the days are stretching by.

Dr. Dietrick, done at Florida Hospital Tampa, you?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ha! you must've been in a neighboring room, I was in 503. He had an emergency case that delayed my procedure until about 4:00, was scheduled for 11:00. I've been feeling better than I expected to, now that I've got the small sip thing down. At first I was very uncomfortable and felt bloated and distended. I just returned from Publix, and boy do I wish I could have something other than a friggin shake!

Ha! you must've been in a neighboring room, I was in 503. He had an emergency case that delayed my procedure until about 4:00, was scheduled for 11:00. I've been feeling better than I expected to, now that I've got the small sip thing down. At first I was very uncomfortable and felt bloated and distended. I just returned from Publix, and boy do I wish I could have something other than a friggin shake!

Yes I was in 504! Oh no that sounds intense! I'm tired of all these liquids as well especially since it doesn't stop people from eating and cooking delicious food.