Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mermaid out of water! (My journey)

I figured this would be a good place to chronicle my experience and steps. It feels comforting to know that I found a community with other people who have done the same thing, as well are going through it now.

My journey has been a long one, I started this process back at the end of 2014 and having surgery next week. A mixture of turning 26 / finding insurance / anxiety and many other things have made this quite the long journey!

I am sorry for rambling! I am very excited to be here but a bit shy. I have surgery on June 8, 2016 in Tampa Florida. I have been put on a two week diet of 2 8oz Protein Drinks a day, 1 4oz solid Protein and 1/2 of leafy green vegetables a day. I find this diet restrictive and confusing, however I never gathered the courage to call to see if I could eat a more variety of vegetables.

Currently I am drinking Isopure Protein drinks, I have tried Pure Protein and Lean Body but both made me extremely nauseous after drinking them multiple times a day a few days in a row. I've been enjoying ISOPURE quite a bit.

For the stats from what I read last

CW: 289

GW: 150

149 pounds to go!

I decided to make a bullet list and give myself small goals along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Today I had my pre-op appointment with the hospital.

It went well and they weighed me. I dropped 14 pounds!

HW: 289

CW: 275

I felt so good about this simple week of hell. Surgery feels so real now that it is just around the corner.

So frustrated! Tomorrow is the last day of work before my surgery on weds. I have a bunch of work I have to do with my leave because my work did not get the fax from the surgeon. Of course they are closed on weekends.

I'm really anxious now about the surgery and my liver. Ive had a few slip ups of eating more solid Protein or vegetables than I should. If I've had carbs I've had very very little tiny pieces very seldomly.

I know it will all be worth it..

Soon you all will be hearing me complain about how much I hate yogurt.

Hey mermaidgirl- love the name!

Fellow Floridian here to support you in your journey. I will be six weeks out Wednesday. Best. Thing. I've. Ever. Done. I feel great and have lots of energy.

There are amazing people on this site who are incredibly helpful and supportive (thank goodness for a newbie like me) so no need to be shy. We are all works in progress. :)

Can't wait to follow your progress!!

Hello mermaidgirl!

I'm also a Floridian! I was sleeved in late April and it's been a heck of a journey. This site/app has been awesome and there are tons of really knowledgeable people. Keep in mind everyone's journey is different but you found a very supportive group here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Today I had my pre-op appointment with the hospital.

It went well and they weighed me. I dropped 14 pounds!

HW: 289

CW: 275

I felt so good about this simple week of hell. Surgery feels so real now that it is just around the corner.

Get it girl!

Good luck! You'll be over this hurdle soon and waking up in recovery!! Try to get some rest tonight and we will see you on the other side!

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Good luck mermaidgirl!

So glad to hear it!!! Thanks for the update and keep us posted. :)