Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Diet Starts Today

@@bobbieswife How is it going today?

Bobbieswife and tagyourit - Hope both of you had good days today. Day 8 for me. I was thinking today about what will I be feeling like on the 4th of July. Hopefully less hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by j16

@@j16 Me too!!!!! I told my husband yesterday that this would be much easier if my stomach wasn't always growling. I feel like I am over the mental hunger and am not having issues with choosing what to eat it is just that my stomach is always growling. Post Op at least that should be helped a bit. A little TMI but my liquid diet is making a lot of bathroom issues. Guess it is a sneak peak into the future "don't trust a fart" phase!

I'm scheduled for surgery on 6/23 and today is the first day of a 3 week liquid diet. Please pray for me!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I started mine on 6/1. Surgery 6/15. Today is day 7 and it is hard!! I want to chew something so bad and I'm tired of Protein shakes.

@@swinglifeaway That gets me at dinner mostly. I had to get a bunch of different flavor things to help but I still miss texture. I am June 15th too! We can do it for 8 more days!!!!

I started the pre-op diet on 5/23 for four weeks. Five shakes a day and 3 servings total of sugar free Jello, Popsicles or Water ice;64oz a day of Water which includes crystal light, Decaf coffee tea soda. I find it easy to stick with it because I don't have the guilt of worrying that I ate the wrong thing or had too much. I also keep telling myself that cheating on diets is what got me to this point! Hang in there it will be over before you know it. Good Luck.

How are my fellow Pre opers? I am still doing well with the plan but I have not lost any weight after the 5lbs mark. I don't know if it is just a stall (after a week?) or my body freaking out over the sudden decrease in carbs, cals and all that jazz. I am averaging 700-1000 cals a day and doing the shakes and full liquids (yogurt, SF pudding and Jellos, and soups) I am getting excited to be less than a week out though!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on June 22nd. Today is day two of the liquid diet. So far not bad. My sugar dropped already so I have stopped taking some of my meds already. I have had a mild headache which they said was normal. I'm nervous and excited for this lifestyle change but I know its for the best.

@@tagyourit and @@j16, I'm still feeling awful. No energy whatsoe5. Not sure how much weight I loss yet. I have 12 days til surgery and I'm soooooooooo ready for 6/23 to come!

Hey I hope it's getting better for you. I have energy but it is difficult. What kind of diet are you on? I weighed in this morning I was 13.5 lbs down in 5 days.

@@Bobbieswife are you taking Vitamins and B12? That helped me. I only lost 5 pounds but I am almost there. 2 days until surgery!!!!

@@j16 Me too!!!!! I told my husband yesterday that this would be much easier if my stomach wasn't always growling. I feel like I am over the mental hunger and am not having issues with choosing what to eat it is just that my stomach is always growling. Post Op at least that should be helped a bit. A little TMI but my liquid diet is making a lot of bathroom issues. Guess it is a sneak peak into the future "don't trust a fart" phase!

Oh my I'm on day 1 and can attest to this!