Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst Experience so far?

Never ending nausea. 🤢

And any amount of emotional stress turns it into a fibromyalgia mini-flare.

It'll be worth it, but right now, ugh!

Missing coffee, for now. I will probably abstain until my 6 month surgerversary.

The Water at work tastes worse, even with the filter I started using pre-op. It makes me gag. I bought some xtal lite yesterday to make it more palatable. Other tastes are the same, maybe diminished?

My worst experience was having a headache with nausea and vomiting the morning after surgery. I spent an extra day in the hospital. Thinking headache was from caffeine withdrawal.

I am about 2 1/2 weeks since the surgery. I am not a happy camper. I was bleeding internally after so spent another week in. Went home and have been nauseas since. I found out that the artificial sweetners do not agree with me and was told 90% of patients have the same reaction. I am always tired and hardly eat because when they bumped me up to soft foods, I had 1 egg, which I didn't finish and was sick in the bathroom all night. I have a constant sour taste in my mouth, no matter what I eat or drink or how much I brush my teeth, or use mouthwash. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sent from my LG-D851 using BariatricPal mobile app

The nausea I had for several days post op was horrible. My worst experience however was the day after surgery. The Doc ordered an Upper GI and I had to gulp down that awful dye stuff! The taste was horrendous and on an already queasy stomach? Then they put you on this tilt table which makes everything worse! Once done the moment I got back to my room I was violently sick! It was so bad the nurses came rushing in. I will never drink that stuff again!

Scared of the 8 days of no pooping post surgery...yes that too shall pass. It turned out to be a non-problem. It sucked that I gained weight post surgery, but it went away quickly after the IV fluids left my system. I really hated that I had pizza 8 weeks post op, that crap got all stuck and ended up retching. (Never again). But over all, not getting it done sooner. But I'm a hard ass who thought this was the easy way out and didn't really look at it in a significant way until two years ago.

Your tummy stretched

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

4 gallbladder attacks. 2 hours of writhing on the bathroom floor in agony, puking and nearly passing out as a result of gallstones formed during my rapid weight loss. Finally had it taken out 2 years postop.

Man I feel ya..nearly 8 months post op and I literally just finished having a gall bladder attack. My husband is still trying to calm our kids down they are crying after seeing me writhing in agony. Scheduled for removal in a week and a half I can't wait!

I'm currently 5 weeks post-op. I've had very minimal issues; NO nausea or vomiting, no gas pains, minimal surgical pain, no headaches. Great surgeon and staff. My current challenges, which aren't that bad are Constipation and remembering to eat as I'm not very hungry.

Note that many people get nauseous from general anesthesia but luckily I'm not one of them. I also gave up caffeine and sugar 2 months before surgery so that prevented withdrawal headaches post-surgery as I had already gone through it.

I'm just going to share an unusual thing that was unexpected and kind of freaked out myself and everyone in my surgery group. I am someone who when cutting onions gets really really serious eye burning and I guess the gas from the mask putting me under general Anastasia ran out leaking and got in my eyes I was petrified upon waking and I could not open my eyes for many hours it was Burning and unbelievably painful I had to do cold compresses finally to get through the night. It also contributed to my blood pressure shooting up through the roof also not helpful

Crippling depression, so far that's the worst.

Me as well, I pretty much hate everything and find no joy in life at all.

Laura[emoji1]

It's painful. I am a worried about my future health, and it's all just dark now.
Four months of misery.

Oh no. Was this something you suffered with before. That's the opposite of what one wants to feel after this. So sorry.

Four days out. My worst experience was vomiting first night home. Guess I'll have to update as I go along.

Your tummy stretched

I'm curious about that too?

Three months and a half post op, I would say:
- Constipation.< br>- The "hypotension" problems I had the first two weeks.
- God damn CPAP machine that I can't wait to get rid of (unrelated to the surgery but I really hate this machine).
- The acid reflux that I have sometimes.
For the rest, it's been good, so far I've lost 64pounds (29kgs), so kinda happy!

I'm with you on the CPAP!