HeatherS. reacted to Newme17 for a status update, Day #4 of 14 PRE-OP DIET My day started at 12:38 am (thankfully I went back to sleep)
Day #4 of 14 PRE-OP DIET
My day started at 12:38 am (thankfully I went back to sleep)....I was jolted awake by a bang on/in our house. I looked over towards the living area and I see flashes of light going on. I instantly reached for my gun, but it was so dark, I ended up knocking over some essential oils. Finally got it and took the safety off. I'm walking with it down, ready to shoot if I need to. I kept seeing the flashes of light. So, just as when I turn the corner, a huge sound of THUNDER happened, and then lighting flashed everywhere!!! BAHAHAHAJAJAJAJA! It was a darn storm that came in. SMH. I texted my husband (he works nights) and told him what happened. He LOL'd and says I need to practice with getting it out. Well, at least I was ready to shoot if I had to. Ain't no body coming in my house uninvited, ya'll. Newme17's got a gun!
Ok, so the diet..... way better than the first three days. It's almost to the point that I can care less about food anymore. My family cooks something (in the microwave--renovation still on; or eat food out) and it might smell good, but I'm not wanting it. I've found that I've been craving chicken broth most of the time; it hits the spot for me . I love to drink hot liquids too, so I take advantage of the decaf coffee I can have too. So, did all of my liquids/protein today, had 2 cups of salad, with 4oz chicken breast, and 1 tbsp. light dressing. I don't care for much dressing on salads anyway, so when I actually measured a tbsp, I was proud of myself, because that's about how much I've always put on salads. Go me!
Should just get easier....I've got this down. Oh...best part, my jeans went on like butter today. No sucking, pulling, pushing to get them on. Yay!
HeatherS. got a reaction from Newme17 for a status update, Down another decade! I hit 240 this morning, and I'm trying not to get overly excited
Down another decade! I hit 240 this morning, and I'm trying not to get overly excited about seeing something in the 230s tomorrow. It's a little like the night before your birthday as a kid, only over and over.
HeatherS. reacted to Sleeve1stFitNext for a status update, 4/27 - Went to see my PCP. I weighed in at the same weight lol. She said it was actua
4/27 - Went to see my PCP. I weighed in at the same weight lol. She said it was actually okay due to me having ate and drank during the day. My blood pressure is normal and my sleeve is doing amazing. Today I cooked the following:
1) Cauliflower cheese sticks (reduced fat cheese) - I did not like it. I will not be making that again.
2) Steamed shrimp with zucchini noodles, with (1 TSP of Alfredo sauce from whole foods). The zucchini noodles were not good . I keep my food separated when I eat which is awesome. I ate my 6 of shrimps and lightly dip it in the Alfredo sauce. That was delicious.
On Saturday, I am thinking steaming me a tilapia. I went to trader joe's and purchased a wild tilapia. It is costed some money but it will be worth it (I hope). The only fish I have ever eaten that was not packaged is fried fish.
HeatherS. reacted to Sleeve1stFitNext for a status update, 4/21 - When to the NUT today. She was soo proud of my progress. I told her I was conc
4/21 - When to the NUT today. She was soo proud of my progress. I told her I was concerned that I my loss was slowing down and she assured me that it would be normal. She said, "Slow and steady wins the race. She said my weight looked amazing and that I should be proud of even 4lbs because of how much 1lb of fat means to a healthier body. She gave me the go ahead to start adding in new foods with limitations:
Stay away from red meat
Stay away from pasta
Stay away from rice
Stay away from from all kinds of ice cream and sugar free junk alternatives.
And the usual suspects (No cakes, cookies, ice cream and soda (any carbonated/sparkling drink)
She gave me the go ahead to start lightly at the gym. No more than a 30 minute light weight workout (walking on the treadmill and biking). She said no weight lifting just yet, or swimming , I will have to wait until my 6 week followup with my surgeon to see if it is okay.
Since Pre-Op Diet (3/12/2017): 29lbs
Since Surgery (3/26/2017): 15lbs
Although 15lbs does not seem like a lot, it is when you break it down in weeks. That is 3.75lbs a week. That is more than I ever did without this tool. I am soo happy it's working.
HeatherS. reacted to Sleeve1stFitNext for a status update, 4/22 - Just in 1 month, the following has changed: 1) I get a FULL Nights SLEEP !!! (
4/22 - Just in 1 month, the following has changed:
1) I get a FULL Nights SLEEP !!! (Omg, I have not had a full nights sleep since before college in 2009).
2) I can walk further and my ankle not hurt or I need to sit down (today I took 17,248 steps). Amazing and YESSSSSSS!!!!
3) I have really started eating my food cold. When I get hungry, I like to make sure that I am, so I will wait an additional 10 - 15 minutes. I just want to make sure it is not head hunger. However, I when realize that I am and I sometimes do not even bother heating up my food lol.
4) I finally broke down and purchased one of the Portion8 containers at the BariatricPal Store. They have some really interesting things there.
5) My younger brother (I have two brothers on my moms side whom are younger than me.) We were shopping for "Baby's" (he is the one that steals food lol) 17th B-day and my brother High Five'd me and said, "We are going to have to find a new nickname because FINALLY, "Bigums" will no longer fit you lol".
HeatherS. got a reaction from Newme17 for a status update, I know my surgeon said to wait a long while before buying clothes, but my pants are a
I know my surgeon said to wait a long while before buying clothes, but my pants are already falling down, and my bra is so big in the band, I'm not sure it's actually doing anything. 😅
HeatherS. got a reaction from Newme17 for a status update, NSV! Four inches off my waist since pre-op! I HAVE a waist again!
NSV! Four inches off my waist since pre-op! I HAVE a waist again!