Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started coffee back up about 3 weeks post op. Currently I love cold brew and drink the Chameleon brand mixed with a Premier Protein chocolate shake and ice. So good.

2 hours ago, shericrazylady said:

What coffee do you drink? They gave me it in the hospital but I wanna know if people still drink it after there Sleeve and what kind of coffee

Sent from my A1601 using BariatricPal mobile app

It took me a couple of months before coffee appealed to me again.

These days, I favor light roasts and Breakfast blends. Dark roasts make me nauseous even smelling them.

Current favorite is Wolfgang Puck Breakfast in Bed for keurig type machines.

I'm pre-op, but have been told not to drink caffeinated beverages for quite a while after surgery--maybe a year? I'm planning to use herbal teas but I'm expecting to really, really miss the coffee.

4 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

I'm pre-op, but have been told not to drink caffeinated beverages for quite a while after surgery--maybe a year? I'm planning to use herbal teas but I'm expecting to really, really miss the coffee.

I wonder if that has to do with history of gallstones or acid reflux?

My doctor said if I could tolerate coffee and caffeine, it was fine. But I had no gallbladder or acid issues going in.

I drink Cold Brew most of the time because of the lower acid and I just like the smooth taste.

If I brew coffee I drink Jamaican Blue Mountain or a french roast.

I never gave up caffeine or was required to. I did discuss it with my Dr Pre-op and post-op and he was cool with it, while not thrilled.

I resumed my coffee habit two months post-surgery. I drink a minimum of 3 cups a day. I drink anything except decaf. I need the caffeine; it's the entire point of me drinking coffee.

At home I brew flavored coffees such as blueberry muffin, chocolate caramel, kona blend, donut store blend, etc. I'll drink my brew with half & half and a few packets of Equal.

Edited by Introversion

I was allowed to resume regular coffee 3 weeks post-op. I love dark roasts and cold brewed. I drink on average 3 cups a day during the week and 4 on the weekends.

I am a coffee fiend!! I have always drank coffee since I was a young kid. I never gave up my coffee. Right after I was released from the hospital and I had to stay in a Motel until my 1 week check up I didn't want anything to do with coffee at all. I did get over that pretty quickly. I was never told to nor drink it. In fact at most of my follow ups I had a big cup og joe with me!! I know put GENEPRO in my Espresso everyday. It is a win win for me because I would drink the coffee anyway.

I used to drink coffee all day long before surgery. I was told add long asI get 64 oz of Fluid in then I can have coffee. I cannot get 64 oz of fluid in on any given day. I haven't had any caffeine in almost 5 weeks. May just give it up but haven't decided yet.

My docctor says no caffeine until 6 weeks post-op. The rationale is that caffeine is a diuretic and they don't want anything that would lead to dehydration.

Not a coffee drinker - usually got my caffeine from diet soda. In addition to the no caffeine rule - i also have been instructed no carbonation. Glad I weaned my soft off the soda pre-op.

I had my first sip of coffee 6 weeks after my sleeve surgery. I had been drinking the high Protein hot chocolate drink and added a 1/2 of a teaspoon to the protein hot chocolate. Now a days 1 1/2 years post op I make about 2 cups of coffee a day. I add my hot chocolate to the 1st coffee. I drink a bold and tasty generic brand from Walmart. At Walmart I also discovered a protein creamora which I use in the second cup of coffee instead of the sugar free creamora. It is a chocolate mint taste and both of these types of coffees start my day off very nicely. During the day I still drink 4 liters of Water so I am never dehydrated.

I started drinking coffee after 2 months post op. I drink a medium roast coffee. 2 cups each morning with Premier Protein caramel as a Creamer. Yummy?

Before surgery coffee hardly appealed to me. I tried coffee less than 2 weeks post op and loooooooved it!!! I loved the way it smelled, its taste, the caffeine, the way it energizes me and mostly how it makes me not feel hunger at all. I still don't own a coffee pot or brewer but I'm beginning my research on what appliance to introduce in my kitchen. I don't have more than 1 cup when I do but I savor the mess out of that cup.