Worst Experience so far?

67 posts in this topic

I am over a year post-op from getting the sleeve. The worst parts off the experience for me?

Probably waiting so long to decide to get the surgery, the pre-op uncertainty/anxiety, the little bit of gas pain in my shoulder post-op and some post-op constipation, and not being able to get in the pool for four weeks post-op.

In other words, not much.

I'm one month post op and I have none! My experience with the pre op diet wasn't bad. It was for one week with 2 shakes and a healthy meal. My night in the hospital wasn't too bad either. Pain was managed with drugs! I had no gas pains in my shoulder fortunately. Just some discomfort which a heating pad helped. Overall my experience has been great! I feel great! I'm losing weight and I'm off my meds! Best decision ever! #noregrets

4 gallbladder attacks. 2 hours of writhing on the bathroom floor in agony, puking and nearly passing out as a result of gallstones formed during my rapid weight loss. Finally had it taken out 2 years postop.

Kidney stone; not sure it is related to WLS..but it happened when I was over 4 years out. The pain was off the hook.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Totally agree @@Kindle! No WLS regrets, yet my gallbladder infection 6 months post-op because of rapid weight loss (cholecystitis sure is painful!!!) was by far the worst part for me.

The days i tried brown rice... Never.again.