Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted earlier how My surgery was moved because I didn't lose enough weight before the time. Well I have been on liquid diet for about 2 weeks now and have lost 16 lbs! I called my surgeon and asked if they could move my surgery back to original day they said no...I do not feel it is fair...first I was not told I had to lose any specific amount of weight before surgery then my surgeon changed it before I even was able to official start my diet...My original date was june 17 they moved it back to the 27. I just don't think they are being fair...Rant over. lol

Fair or not, more goes into scheduling surgery than your preference. Just have faith that it is happening when it's supposed to happen.

Congratulations on the weight loss by the way!

@robertd16.... Once they removed you from your first date they filled your spot with someone else... They can't tell them oh we need to move you because our patient lost weight and his surgery is back on.... Glad you lost the weight and maybe learned an important lesson on the way to surgery

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Well, that's one helluva weight loss!

Congrats. :)

My surgery date got moved back from June 15 to June 29. My doctor's office thought I only needed ONE appointment with the nutritionist, but it turned out I needed three. so i'm having my 3rd appt tomorrow morning, and hopefully the June 29 date will go thru. At first i was so upset, but then someone said to me, "at least its in the same month!" so that is what i'm going to say to you. :) At least you're still in the same month!

I was at the hospital doing my preop when my doctor's office called and asked if the could move my surgery from 2:30 to 12:30 because the patient before me cancelled at the last minute. Once the OR Is booked the surgeon tries make sure that they keep moving. You will be on that conveyor belt before you know it ????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well, that's one helluva weight loss!

Congrats. :)

Yes thank you. I am just worried my scale is broken...I don't see how I lose that much weight so fast...I have 3 scales and they all say my the same weight give or take a lbs...my last weigh in I went in with the weight off my scale and it was 7 lbs off...I weighted myself at doctors and on my scales at home they are all the same...I just wonder if its normal to lose that much weight so fast.

Robert, you're still a pretty big guy with pretty big caloric demands.

When you stop eating carbs, your body uses up all its glycogen stores in the liver, along with at least 8 pounds of Water in which the glycogen is stored.

You've just lost the "easy 10 pounds" (well, in your case, probably the easy 20 pounds) that everybody enjoys when they crash diet.

Nonetheless, it's weight that's gone for now. And it'll stay gone if you don't go back to eating the way you were before you did this diet.

And no, losing this much weight won't hurt you.

BTW, men, heavier people, younger people and those who have lots of muscle mass lose weight incredibly fast compared to women, lighterweights, older folks, and those without many muscles.

Doesn't matter how fast or slow we lose -- we can all achieve our goals if we're willing to stay the course until we get there.

Robert, you're still a pretty big guy with pretty big caloric demands.

When you stop eating carbs, your body uses up all its glycogen stores in the liver, along with at least 8 pounds of Water in which the glycogen is stored.

You've just lost the "easy 10 pounds" (well, in your case, probably the easy 20 pounds) that everybody enjoys when they crash diet.

Nonetheless, it's weight that's gone for now. And it'll stay gone if you don't go back to eating the way you were before you did this diet.

And no, losing this much weight won't hurt you.

BTW, men, heavier people, younger people and those who have lots of muscle mass lose weight incredibly fast compared to women, lighterweights, older folks, and those without many muscles.

Doesn't matter how fast or slow we lose -- we can all achieve our goals if we're willing to stay the course until we get there.

That is true..I was only required to lose at least 8 lbs before this coming friday. I am also positive I exceeded that goal. I have to lose a total of 20-30 lbs before my pre op day of june 22...includes the previous required 8 lbs...wish me luck