Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Family totally against my surgery

I hope it all works out for you . I think all of our children would be worried for the surgery but she will probably be fine once you come thru the surgery fine and you are losing weight and getting healthier. Just let her know you wouldn't be doing this if you didn't think it was going to help you. GOOD LUCK.

From one grandma to another thinking of you this morning best of luck coming to you. After the op if you can , try to walk a little bit. Just see how you go. Lots of support here for you. Let us know how you get on

Gina we all care about you and the surgery you're deciding on having... please post soon because you have a whole group here waiting to hear from you and cheering you on... Prayers for you! Big hugs!!

For all of your support, thank you. Tomorrow is one week post op. I regret having it done as I have said. I don't miss the food or eating but I miss the simplicity of life before.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You have to do it for you. I called a family meeting and let my children know what I was planning to do and then let them express their thoughts and concerns and even though some were not sure I should do it they all agreed to support me in my decision. No one should use children to hurt you, that's very sad. Sorry

For all of your support, thank you. Tomorrow is one week post op. I regret having it done as I have said. I don't miss the food or eating but I miss the simplicity of life before.

You are facing months of work, but it will be unlike any other Weightloss effort you've been on in the past:

1. For the next 4-8 weeks, you don't have to think a lot about what to eat (or not), you just follow the plan.

2. Unlike other diets, the pounds will drop away like magic - doesn't that sound nice?

3. Unlike other diets, you'll be adding more variety and quantity each week.

4. Once you reach you're goal, your life will be much simpler than ever before. You'll be able enjoy food without the fear of overeating. You will have to make smart choices, but by then those choices should be ingrained in your brain!

You will live to rejoice this decision and it will be sooner than you think...

Edited by Cape Crooner

I had a good day yesterday, first one 10 days post op. Today I am exhausted. I'm not in pain except gout and a headache. Wounds healing. And managing 3 ounces of Soup or yoghurt 3 times a day and Water the rest of the time.

@@GinaCampbell, please keep us posted. I have confidence things will improve quickly for you and you'll feel better. I hope your daughter swings by to check on how you're doing and mends fences:-)

No. My daughter works fulltime and has a severely disabled child plus a 4 year old. I won't see them again until I can drive and my immune system can handle it. There aren't any fences to mend. She and her husband do not believe this surgery was right for me because of my own disabilities. They were right. I wish I had listened. My neighbour had a gastric bypass which she also regrets. I didn't listen to her either. I was determined to do this seduced by the idea of weightloss. 11 days post op, I still regret it.

Oh no!!! What's going on? I am really rooting for you to do well. Here is a hug for support. O

Please keep us posted. Do you just not feel good?

Thank you. No. I have a bowel condition and now can't keep anything in and I hardly get 200 calories a day as it is. I am weak and exhausted. My disabilities make simple tasks exhausting anyway. I never estimated the amount of time and effort just staying alive would take. I am cold and shaky too. Yesterday was better because I got some yoghurt in but overnight that just caused massive issues. So can't take in anything with milk in, no yoghurt, no Protein. Just black tea, Water, and oxo. I can use imodium to stop it but then I can't even drink Water, too full. But my wounds are healing.