Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

extreme fatigue and sore body after walking and eating?

Today I walked up to Walmart, which is a good half a mile away from my apartment, and I had subway for dinner. I took about 30 minutes to eat and I waited 15 minutes to drink my tea.

No problems, I felt fine that is until my mother came to pick me up around 9:45pm. As soon as I got in the house, I felt like I was going to faint and my whole body felt sore.

So I sat down for awhile and stayed awake but around 12:45, I got cravings so I had half a Protein Bar and 15 minutes later I had half a Protein shake.

Right after finishing my half of the shake, I got that fainting feeling again and I felt extremely tired, more tired than I've ever been.

I also feel weak, lightheaded, I have some chest pain and my arms are so sore.

Back in Feb to the end of April, I was having a lot of extreme fatigue to the point just walking to the bathroom was making me weak and tired, I slept nearly all day and all night but, now in May, up until now, I was feeling a lot better.

I also used to get the extreme fatigue after eating back then but the ER doctor and my doctor never addressed it.

I know when I went to the ER back in April for (tmi) constant bloody and loose stools, I was told I have a "small and slow" lower gi bleed that could be causing the weakness and fatigue but they didn't admit me.

I have not had any bloody stools since the end of April and I am still waiting to see a gi doctor and waiting to see my new surgeon again (had the surgery in Nebraska in September, left at the end of November to move to Flordia) because he's booked soild. :/

Anyone experience any of this, the fatigue, weakness etc?

Edited by meridian.jpg

Could you be dehydrated . How much liquid are you getting

I am no doctor so take anything I say with a grain of salt. Lightheadedness can be a sign of low blood sugar. Some patients develop a type of hypoglycemia called "reactive hypoglycemia". Here is one link to the condition but if you search the internet you might find more. https://www.ridgeviewmedical.org/services/bariatric-weight-loss/enewsletter-articles/reactive-hypoglycemia-postgastric-bypass

After surgery, the three most important elements are meeting your daily Vitamin, Fluid and Protein goals. So make sure this is not a problem. Also I never eat near bedtime. My body digest food differently when I am in a horizontal state than when I am in a vertical state. Also prescription drugs and even some over the counter medicine can have some adverse side effects.

Do you have a PCP? You need to have some blood work to see what might be going on. It could be low blood pressure, low blood sugar, anemia, low potassium, etc. It's important you get seen sooner than later. Don't wait for your GI or surgeon appts. Good luck!