Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wouldn't even bother with a response, continuing being you and let the haters be. This is the main reason I keep ish to myself.

Sounds to me like you have a hater. If she wants to loose weight also she needs get the surgery and stop getting in your business. Don't pay her mind misery loves company. And it shouldn't matter what she thinks as long as you are happy about your decision and are feeling great

I'll never understand why people think they have a right to tell you what's best for you. That said, I'm finding it necessary to be less diplomatic when people share their opinions.

I'll never understand why people think they have a right to tell you what's best for you. That said, I'm finding it necessary to be less diplomatic when people share their opinions.

Me either, but I'm really libertarian. We have both major political parties interfering in different aspects of our lives. There are moral crusaders of all stripes trying to tell us what is best for us. And I am completely befuddled by it because I either don't care, or care enough to offer support, but only to someone who wants it.

“One of the most cherished of all rights is the right to be left alone.”― Supreme Court Justice Brandeis

Im so sorry that you're going through that, that sounds tough...to be honest, to me, this chick just sounds like a hater! She's probably upset/jealous that you made the decision to get healthy. 73 lbs lost is awesome! Please don't let someone else's negativity darken your bright moment. I have to wonder what it is that she is doing to better herself...sorry it's just people like that get me so mad

Next time she says something gross and offensive (try to say it with a straight face): "thanks for your concern and support! It means so much to me!"

After that: "aren't YOU sweet to be concerned about ME. Bless your heart." (look surprised and meaningful)

Repeat as necessary . . .

The best advice!!

I hear jealousy. And bitterness. Sounds to me like this woman is battling her own demons and taking it out on you. Ignore and avoid.

If she was such an expert on weight loss I don't think she would be bigger as you describe her...She overstepped her boundaries and should have been put in her place. I think it's very appropriate for you to say, you said this to me I would like to let you know you don't know my history with struggling with weight, I'm not going to share it now either. I made a choice that was right for me and your comments/judgements were not appreciate. She should be apologizing, don't hold your breathe for that. We often don't call people out on their comments instead we look for reasons to understand why they said it. There's no excuse for being nasty.

She asked to speak to you privately wasn't like she just blurted it out so it was something she gave thought to.

Stay strong and keep focused on your goals

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nyteacher125

73 pounds? Amazing, congratulations and of course she is jealous!!!

Being Christian we try Not to offend, that being said. Ask her to read 1 Thessalonians 4:11 , "mind your own business "!

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App

She sound like negative Nancy & debby down trying to rain on your parade. Be proud of your choice & keep it moving boo! & for her to come to you like that might be a hippa violation, tell her to back off.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

You know what, there are always going to be haters. tell her if she cant be supportive then she needs to be quiet. you don't need her sometimes you got to cut them loose

@@jenmcd623

I've no idea what other advice you've received in this thread because I've not read the responses...

I'm kinda like that sometimes...

Anyway, here's what I think...

In your original post, you said the following -
"This is the first time I've had anyone have negative response to my surgery."

The first time!

How great is it that everyone you've mentioned it to has been supportive?

I think that's outstanding!!

So why let this one negative person get to you?

The reality is, those who were supportive have also judged you..

They just came to a different decision..

We ALL judge people ALL the time..

Just because it doesn't always result in a negative doesn't mean we're not judging...

In my opinion (and that's all this is), disregard this person's negativity.

You don't need it.

Don't focus on it.

Focus on the rest of the people who have judged you and your situation and found you worthy of their support...

Prayers going "Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop; Shimmy shimmy rock.."

Everyone has said what I could..but yeah, ignore her. She is feeling a bit threatened as you both were similar weights and now you have taken a drastic step. She is projecting that old, 'try harder' myth on you.

If "people" have been gossiping, don't worry, people gossip about everything and everyone at work, but actually care little. Eat and do whatever YOU want.