Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, they don't do blood tests and EKGs in doctors' offices.

Those are done in medical labs where they have med techs and proper equipment.

I am a REGISTERED Nurse and YES EKGS AND labs are now routinely done in the doctors offices here in NY at least. In fact every doctor I go to has their own EKG machine and nurses that draw labs and the main lab picks them up through a courier.

My surgeon actually has his office inside the hospital, so ALL of my labs, EKG, chest X-ray, psych, cardiology, pulmonary, and NUT visits were done in 1 day and all banged out at once!! My very first visit with my surgeon was March 30, getting sleeved May 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by carlissa_RN

My bad re not knowing some patients can have their blood drawn and EKGs done in their doctors' offices.

Thanks. :)

@OP someone already said it is a process. I myself was reflecting on this just this morning. Take your time, breathe, and enjoy the journey.

Now if I could get someone to agree to get me a new wardrobe when my body decides where it wants to be, I would be as happy as a clam.

@@charley27 - "I just want to be skinny so bad" - can you share your goal weight?

I ask, because of your statement ^, and like someone else mentioned your unrealistic expectations from your mom.

Maybe I read your post and took it the wrong way, which is why I am asking.

I hope you realize the surgery is a 'tool' not a magic wand (requires your effort 24/7, 365 days) and that 3 weeks post you will probably stall (and it will be the first of many) and will probably not lose 50lbs in the first month :(

I am NOT saying YOU think this but some people seem to feel the surgery is a magical wand, they wont stall (ever) and that in 2-3 months they will have lost 100plus pounds, with no effort on their part.

IMO if your mom & hubby are 'on board' with this I would suggest having them both go with you to some of the pre-op stuff if they both know what you have to do to make your surgery a success.

Best of luck.

Keep us posted!

@@charley27 - "I just want to be skinny so bad" - can you share your goal weight?

I ask, because of your statement ^, and like someone else mentioned your unrealistic expectations from your mom.

Maybe I read your post and took it the wrong way, which is why I am asking.

I hope you realize the surgery is a 'tool' not a magic wand (requires your effort 24/7, 365 days) and that 3 weeks post you will probably stall (and it will be the first of many) and will probably not lose 50lbs in the first month :(

I am NOT saying YOU think this but some people seem to feel the surgery is a magical wand, they wont stall (ever) and that in 2-3 months they will have lost 100plus pounds, with no effort on their part.

IMO if your mom & hubby are 'on board' with this I would suggest having them both go with you to some of the pre-op stuff if they both know what you have to do to make your surgery a success.

Best of luck.

Keep us posted!

I'm at about 300. I don't really have a goal yet. I am going to the surgeon Thursday so I will see what he thinks. Honestly, anything in the 100s would be fantastic. I'd love to see that 1. I have 160 in my head, but if my surgeon tho is it's unrealistic, then I'll do what he says.

Honestly, anything in the 100s would be fantastic. I'd love to see that 1. I have 160 in my head, but if my surgeon tho is it's unrealistic, then I'll do what he says.

160 is more than realistic and a far better goal than a size 2. I'm a bit mad at your mom for even setting such an unnecessary goal. I am reminded of episodes on both Grey's Anatomy and House.. I was angry with those moms too.

Honestly, anything in the 100s would be fantastic. I'd love to see that 1. I have 160 in my head, but if my surgeon tho is it's unrealistic, then I'll do what he says.

160 is more than realistic and a far better goal than a size 2. I'm a bit mad at your mom for even setting such an unnecessary goal. I am reminded of episodes on both Grey's Anatomy and House.. I was angry with those moms too.

My mom always said she would be thrilled if we both got under a size 16 so we could wear "regular" sized clothes.

I am fine with that!

No, they don't do blood tests and EKGs in doctors' offices.

Those are done in medical labs where they have med techs and proper equipment.

wow. medicine is practiced differently everywhere, isn't it? I have had blood tests and EKG's in doctors offices before.

My mom always said she would be thrilled if we both got under a size 16 so we could wear "regular" sized clothes.

I am fine with that!

my daughers already rob me of my clothes, and we're not even CLOSE to the same size. I can only imagine, at least if I get smaller I can steal their clothes in retaliation!