Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with surgeon's office....

I am beyond annoyed and frustrated with my surgeon's office , I saw them last Thursday and was told they would submit everything either Friday or Saturday well I called the insurance Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and each time I was told they didn't receive anything I keep calling the office and they either say the case manager is in a meeting or out of the office well they finally called me back yesterday and said she submitted Wednesday night I was like ok I'll call to check Friday and guess what today insurance told me they have not received anything and that they usually see it in the system within an hour of receiving anything, so wth is going on??! why do they schedule my surgery and pre op appointment if they can't do their damn job, I know is not the doctors fault but this people are so inconsiderate I'm 3 weeks from what they scheduled and don't need this added stress ugh...

Rant over . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I would leave a message for the doctor!

No excuse for this staff, seriously. It isn't that hard to pick up a phone and call you. Call the office, tell them you want to leave a message for the doctor (be professional but sound stern, lol) and tell the receptionist your issue. I bet you will get some results real quick then :)

I'd be frustrated too! I agree with Susan. I would call and leave a message with whoever I needed to asking why your paperwork is not being submitted when you were told a week ago that it was going to. Ask if there is anything you can do to get the ball rolling, or who the correct person to contact would be to get the job done...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I feel it's the doctor's responsibility to know how their staff works... The first two surgeons I had consultations with I decided not to go with due to the interaction with the office staff... This is a pet peeve of mine, to me if your a doctor your office staff is the face of the practice and sets the tone with the patients.. You should want them to be as top notch as you are, if you care about your patiences.

I would just say I'm not sure why your giving me the run around but after you claimed you submitted the documents , my insurance company has no record of it. I don't appreciate being treated this way as a patient as I need my focus to be on preparing for my procedure and not micromanaging my paperwork for insurance. Please send me an email when you have submitted these documents as I want it in writing because your spoken words seem meaningless.

That might be harsh but I very direct and when I'm pushed too far I just call people out on their nonsense.

Edited by nyteacher125

In most offices the doctor is just another coworker. You want your message left with the office manager.

In most offices the doctor is just another coworker. You want your message left with the office manager.

Unfortunately this is the same lady that told me she would get this done and hasn't , I will be writing and email today and calling back Monday.

Unfortunately this is the same lady that told me she would get this done and hasn't , I will be writing and email today and calling back Monday.

go up a level, she's got a boss too.

Are we dealing with the same office??? Omg I had the same issues with mine! I would of been sleeved 2 weeks ago and probably not being sleeved May 25, had I not stayed on top of things!! I kept calling my insurance company and they kept insisting nothing was sent. The surgeons office INSISTED they submitted, nobody would retune my call. Finally I asked to speak to the doctor and then things got rolling!! I was finally submitted Thursday with an approval on Friday!! I'm having surgery next Wednesday, 6 days after being approved! I've done everything that was required of me and I had to stay on top of the office staff!! It was frustrating but my surgeon is awesome and it was worth it! I'm so excited now.

I would be going crazy. Mine had me pre-approved. Just had to wait for the cardiac clearance. Then it came in, she called me the next day for picking a date for surgery, appointment with anesthesiologist and have a 3hr class. It all fell perfectly in place and I was in surgery 2 weeks from that phone call.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Are we dealing with the same office??? Omg I had the same issues with mine! I would of been sleeved 2 weeks ago and probably not being sleeved May 25, had I not stayed on top of things!! I kept calling my insurance company and they kept insisting nothing was sent. The surgeons office INSISTED they submitted, nobody would retune my call. Finally I asked to speak to the doctor and then things got rolling!! I was finally submitted Thursday with an approval on Friday!! I'm having surgery next Wednesday, 6 days after being approved! I've done everything that was required of me and I had to stay on top of the office staff!! It was frustrating but my surgeon is awesome and it was worth it! I'm so excited now.

We might be lol I emailed them yesterday so hopefully they submit tomorrow once they see the email I will be calling them before they close for sure is frustrating because they slotted me for surgery June 10 that's so close and not knowing sucks I didn't want that day to begin with since is hubby's and I 10 year wedding anniversary but at this point I'll take it is just want to know what's going on.

I would be going crazy. Mine had me pre-approved. Just had to wait for the cardiac clearance. Then it came in, she called me the next day for picking a date for surgery, appointment with anesthesiologist and have a 3hr class. It all fell perfectly in place and I was in surgery 2 weeks from that phone call.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

That's awesome I wish this office was more pro active I feel like is whatever to them and to change doctors at this point it would suck I don't want to start the process all over again hopefully they resolve this soon

I have this exact same issue! Lady at the doctor's office told me that they submitted last Monday and the insurance said that they haven't received anything! They called to the doctor's office and they said they submitted on Tuesday (they lied to me then!) but as of Friday nothing was submitted. I have a case open so the insurance will call once again tomorrow. The lady at the doctor's office never answers my emails and I have to drive all the way to their office to get things done. So awful.

I have this exact same issue! Lady at the doctor's office told me that they submitted last Monday and the insurance said that they haven't received anything! They called to the doctor's office and they said they submitted on Tuesday (they lied to me then!) but as of Friday nothing was submitted. I have a case open so the insurance will call once again tomorrow. The lady at the doctor's office never answers my emails and I have to drive all the way to their office to get things done. So awful.

This is Bs I wish this people would take their job more seriously is like we are just a chart one of the many that they have to work on to earn their money how dare we advocate for our selves smh .. I hope you have good luck getting this resolved soon I will be calling them tomorrow and everyday if I have to, the only reason I'm not at their office is that is 2 hours away but I might just have to if they don't answer me soon.

Well I called insurance this morning and they finally received the paper work now to wait and see if they approve or deny this entire process is so stressful I just want to be on the other side of the bench already so God willing they say yes I will be in surgery June 10

So after hours of taking back and forth with the Insurance and doctor's office, I finally understood what happened with my records.

So my doctor's office sends everything to a "predetermination" departament of Blue Cross Blue Shield to verify (in written) that I have coverage for bariatric surgery. This predetermination process is voluntary, but I guess my doctor thinks is worthy, so they "submitted" to the insurance just get a determination of benefits. This single process can take up to 2 weeks. Once this departament says ok to the coverage, that's when they finally send the records to my actual insurance for precertification.

Gosh, I wonder why they didn't explain this to me from the beginning. So be aware that this is a common practice, so if your doctor takes this route, it will take much longer than what your own insurance told you.

Finally, my insurance received the predetermination (benefits only) and records today. Praying for an approval!