Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting weight before liquid diet 348

Day of surgery March 31st - 338

Thursday May 19th -298/300

I'm confused because I have had one stall at week 3 but when I started working out again the stall stopped.

Now I am working out 1-2 hrs a day and getting 100% of Protein 100% of my Water and less than 50 carbs a day around 6-800 calories? I was losing weight from 300 to 298 but today I got on the scale and my body fat % is the exact same and i have gained 2 lbs back to 300!

What is going on? I am working out harder than ever!!!!

My opinion is trust the process. We did WLS because it does work ! It goes at its own pace, but it works in the long run for most!!

Keep doing the work and let us know!

Also it could be muscle . Muscle weighs more than fat. So just because you think youve gain msybe not. Just toning up. Good job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I recently read that you can not build muscle while losing weight. The article said you can tone what you have but not build. I'm not sure whether it is true or not but it makes sense. You have to have something to 'build with' - enough calories and Protein but it seems like our diets are enough Protein to try and prevent muscle loss not add muscle.

I too have had stalls starting pretty early, the scale does not budge for a month then I lose a spurt then stall again. It is frustrating but probably partly due to the fact that I'm turning 50, in perimenopause and also have PCOS. Surgery doesn't fix all those things so while it was nice to have the first 60 pounds or so melt, the next 15 were a lot harder to get off as I am sure will be the remaining 50 I'd like to lose.

What is frustrating is to have the surgeon or nut suggest you may not be following the eating plan. I don't think PCOS cares how I eat.

In the end I have changed my habits and feel better for it and hope the weight will keep slowly coming off. Once the crazy 1-2 pound a day weight loss stopped and I started stalling I too had the 3 D's but then just stopped weighing myself so often and decided I would just have to be patient.

Make sure you get at least 60 Proteins in each day. For whatever reason when I increase Protein I lost weight. Try the no whey no dairy Protein Shakes. You can even freeze them so you fell like you are eating . I hated my NUT she just made me feel bad. I had a support group and they helped. Also I love French onion Soup (homemade) so I could control fat and no dairy.

Help!!! I am 3 weeks post op an struggling with trying to get fluids and Protein in. I was so dehydrated yesterday I had to get IV fluids, everytime I eat I am so nauseated and scary of throwing up (again), so I eat maybe 2 oz of Soup. Also in the last week I haven't lost any weight! Help I am feeling so defeated!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@mignonsmom it's my understanding that we have to have the whey Protein in order for it to be absorbed... did I misunderstand that, because I'm really pretty certain that's the Protein I was told to have first and foremost for absorption.