Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, my surgery is this Tuesday the 24th of May. Just curious if I'm prepared or not. This is what I have besides a change of clothes and my cell phone...

1. Chapstick

2. A Blanket

3. Toothbrush

4. Toothpaste

5. Mouthwash

6. Body wash

7. My tablet

8. Chargers

9. hair brush

10. Deodorant

11. Wash rag

12. Slippers

13. Gas X Strips

14. Socks

15. Q-Tips

16. Lotion

I don't normally wear makeup, so that isn't on my list. So this is what I have in my bag as of now. I don't plan on washing my hair at the hospital because it's soooo long and I just want it out of my way at all times during recovery. Don't worry, I'm washing it the morning of.

If there is anything I am missing please let me know. I hope I have everything down. I've waited 5 months for this and it's finally here.

You did some homework ;-). See you on the other side.

Yey.. I've been reading the forums since day one. Thank you, I'll see you there!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Leave a pillow in the car to have for the ride home to hold against your belly!

They probably won't let you use your own socks -- hospitals (for safety reasons) like patients to wear those socks with the grippies on the feet. Maybe a pair of slippers instead? I travel with my own pillow because I'm particular about it. Sounds like you've got everything covered. Best of luck!

@@GermanShepherdMama

Okay thank you, I'll do just that. I'm sure I'll be super tender. Great idea!

@@Diana_in_Philly

Aww.. my socks are so warm too. I really hate their socks. Oh well, I guess I really have no choice. Lol... thanks for the warning

I took several boxes of Gas-X strips and never used them. lol

The three things that I were the most valuable to me in my hospital stay:

1) my iPhone

2) a remote battery that's good for three recharges of my iPhone. Saved me from reaching for a wall plug.

3) berry flavored chapstick that my wife bought me in the hospital's pharmacy the first afternoon. I never use the stuff but for some reason it was clutch that first night and next day.

@@Dub ... I honestly don't think I'll use them either, but I got one just in case. I really don't see how a strip will help anyway. I have 2 portable chargers that are plugged in right now for that reason. Lol. Thank you

well u r way ahead of me, i dont have anything packed yet, but will b going off your list,i didnt think of gas x, do u think they want u to use it? i guess we will all b the farting crew that day...lol

Lol yes we will... my doc said I can bring anything I want.. i even mentioned the strips and he was okay with it. They're okay but socks is a problem.. isn't that crazy?

I didn't use the Gas-X in the hospital, but used them quite a bit after I got home--popped a strip and walked lol.

My hospital had two different socks, one was much heavier than the other. See if they have a heavier set for you. I just used the socks, but I did see some patients walking in their slippers so the rules must vary.

Good luck!!!

Edited by hillgirly

Oh.. that's good to know.. I will definitely ask.. my feet are always the first to get cold.

The gas X... i didn't want to spend a lot just in case, but thanks for telling me they'll come in handy after I'm discharged.

Yey 4 more days.. any other tips? Maybe? ????????????

You could probably leave a blanket at home. They had plenty those warm ones from the oven whenever I needed one and actually looking back I felt my room had perfect temperature, I was very comfortable. They gave me socks, towels and everything for taking the shower, also they had this leave in Shampoo and conditioner that you can use to refresh your hair. I was in hospital for 4 days so it was nice and comforting as they hear that cap up. I did use chap stick a lot. I have also brought with me change of clothes my pjs and a robe but ended up not using it, didn't really care, just had two gowns on so I can go walk halls and not flash everyone.

Looks like you are are prepared :)