Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can a Icee stretch your pouch

What are we even giving this person the time of day?

Probably because it's hard to endure 50-60 drug-addled posts in 24 hours from someone who "was fat for only 4 years."

I haven't had my RYN yet but from reading all this....I'm going to follow my doctor's orders 110 percent throughout my whole journey. I so need this life change and can't sabatoge myself like I have done in the past. Everyone is different I guess...

Sent from my SM-G730V using the BariatricPal App

@@Ele marie How long you have been fat has nothing to do with not passing a psych evaluation. I believe lying about your mental health history, eating disorder issues (admittedly starving yourself in the past), etc. are more concerning. You were not cleared by your own psychiatrist/psychologist because they thought it was a "conflict of interest". That is a huge red flag to me - and should have been to the person who did your psych eval (if they knew about it). It is dangerous to come onto these forums and spout information as though you are knowledgeable. In my non-professional opinion - it seems to be you have an eating disorder and since your surgeon is the same one you indicated wanted to make you a poster-child for eating nothing but Soup pre-op because you lost so much weight - I'm more apt to take the advice of someone who's been through WLS and have been successful by eating healthy and properly.

Yes I did use a straw drinking the icee and it was a large

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

You go girl.

That's how you do it.

Jess9395

Please do what ever you want to do. My doctor is who I will listen to him and my nutritionist. I was just telling the poster what I was told when I had surgery. I agree the article did not say anything about ulcers. But again that is what I was told by my doctor. I do not have heartburn either never have yet he told me to take the medication anyways to prevent ulcers.

Maybe surgeon are different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Thank you.

I think following our doctors is certainly the way to go.

Otherwise, one could find themselves following the ramblings of some ill informed idiot on the internet.

Oh....and the only thing that's given me heartburn since my sleeve surgery has been ignorance like I've read in this post.

Oh dear lord.... I just snorted out loud. I might have peed a little, too.

This is good stuff.

I'm so dang grateful for women who choose the large straws.

I love it when they put on a show.

I think people ask questions on here just to get a variety of feed back. For the short period of time I've been on here it seems most questions wind up turning into arguments between people. If some is doing something and it's work for them, excellent.

Most people are working with a surgeon/NUT and are adults who can chose to follow that advice or not.

Don't think anyone comes on here to be reprimanded.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nyteacher125

To drink with a straw or not to -that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous criticism

By admitting you drink carbonated sodas with a straw....

(Thankfully Shakespeare lived BC -Before Carbonated-beverages)

Inner surfer I am doing better. I am going to leave the group. But I want you to know that you have been a good friend to me. Thank you

♡♡♡

You are welcome. I sent you a PM.

Innersurfer I do not know how to see the pm I will try to find it. I did join the right group now for the gastric bypass. They do understand my Journey I'm much happier. I would love to keep in touch with you but to many haters on here to post my information. ♡

This is good stuff.

I'm so dang grateful for women who choose the large straws.

I love it when they put on a show.

Ok, now this thread is getting interesting!

Edited by Pillar2butterfly

I would like to imagine that anyone with a modicum of active brain cells would have either the wit or the wisdom to notice that this thread has plumbed the depths when it comes to the absolute tripe being spouted by what appears to be a troll who thinks it's clever to boast that she has fooled her way to surgery! What an introduction to any newcomer to this site who is looking for serious information and/or advice on bariatric surgery.

Ignorant trolls (such as we have found on this thread-you know who you are) are dangerous, especially to people who are vulnerable due to real, not imagined, issues with their weight. People who have a legitimate reason for WLS surgery DO NOT need to read hearsay shite from some who who lies to medical professionals to get her own silly way.

Rant over.

Right, back to the humour from the sensible souls whose opinions and posts I shall continue to take seriously but who have the ability to make me HOWL with laughter. There are some really clever people posting on this site who luckily have great wit (humorous) with their wisdom (real and not picked up from some trashy web page).

I like my straws with girth.

I can suck in more...

AIR

that way.

I like big wide and long straws to blow big hot wet....

Bubbles into chocolate milk.

lol

Edited by Pillar2butterfly

Just checked out the rest of the posts from our 'knowledgeable' friend who has been starting various threads. Love to know what the rest of you think if you can take the time to take a look. It's a bit of a chore I know but have a look anyway and please, post your seriously considered opinions. I am more than ever convinced that we have a troll in our midst.