Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress-induced Weight Loss

Good for you Jamie. You are doing fairly good for all that is going on imho.

New groups sound like a good change.

This stress is not going away for me just yet.

I'll just keep doing my same program.... Sigh.

Worked so far for all these years.

I'm hoping things will calm down in the next 3 months

I'm moving after34 years and my job is morphing.

We shall see

Best of luck.

I think that now that I'm back at work for the week, it will be a little easier to stay on my normal schedule for eating too. Over the weekend it was a real mess. And I'm worried that my evening routines are going to be pretty thrown off too if my husband and I aren't eating dinner together and we are working on the things we need to work on moving forward.

Yup. I had a great time when family was here for Liz's graduation - and didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to, but those days are a blur and I have no idea if I met goals or not. I do much better with a regular routine and just the normal stresses of life. you're in my thoughts as you move forward.

Well, I am to the point now where I think I'm going to have to call my doctor on Monday. I'm down to 154.6 now from 163 on May 6. So over 8 pounds in 15 days. I wasn't even losing weight this fast when I was *trying*! I'm still not eating as frequently as I should and what I do eat is going straight through me. I don't know if/when I've ever had this level of stress, worry, and anxiety in my life! There are all the logistics of the divorce.... listing and selling our house, sorting out finances, making plans for living on my own..... Then there is just the constant worry for my husband. He is not taking this well at all and I feel so badly for him. I hate that I am the source of his pain and there is nothing *I* can do to help him other than urge him to seek help and support elsewhere. Is next therapy session isn't until Thursday and I don't know how he is going to make it until then. He's barely functional.

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I am convinced that many of my issues with food/eating are directly related to how I deal with stress.

I am so glad to hear that you and your husband have an appointment for counseling.

You have already received some great advice.

I would also recommend you do something nice for yourself. Maybe schedule a massage and/or do something creative -- take an art class or something similar. (These are my latest solutions for everything!)

Sending hugs.

Just wanted to post a quick update in case anyone is still worried about me. After weighing in at 154.6 on Saturday, I have weighed in at exactly 155 the past three mornings. So things seem to have stabilized.

Thanks, Jamie. I have been thinking about you -- and your husband.

You'll both pull through this and go on to much better times.

I hope we do worry a bit about each other.

Sometimes I feel like this is one of the few places I can chat and people truly understand.

Life gets complicated and our digestive systems can sometimes take the brunt of it in my opinion.

I get new energy from the newbies, but adore reading about us "oldies" that have been around awhile.

Even though we haven't met, chatting about relationships, death, bathroom habits all spill out here and it is ok!!!

Things are still holding pretty steady weight-wise. I have been back down to 154.6 the last couple of days, but not dropped below that.

You seem to be so strong. I really admire that with a lot of adversity around you right now. Wishing you peace during some turmoil.

Had a really rough weekend! Worked very hard on getting our house ready to list this week. My husband was a wreck all day Sunday. He literally spent several hours just staring off into space. I had to cook him dinner to get him to eat. If you knew me, you would know how remarkable that is. I DO NOT COOK!

He seemed a bit better yesterday. But between all the housework, his mood swings, and it being a long weekend, I was honestly grateful to get back to work this morning. I even came in an half hour early! Sad that I long for weekdays and dread weekends now!

I've been steady at 154.4 the last two mornings. So it looks like the rough weekend didn't take too much of a toll on my weight at least.

Lord, I hope you guys aren't going to be living together much longer.

This is hard duty for you both.

And not altogether a safe situation for you.

Just sayin'.

Lord, I hope you guys aren't going to be living together much longer.

This is hard duty for you both.

And not altogether a safe situation for you.

Just sayin'.

Well the house will be listed this week. Fingers crossed that it sells quickly, but we are still looking at a good 2-3 months to close on it, even once we accept an offer.

Jamie,

I would SO move out.

And the sooner the better.

You have more options than you think, including house sitting.

I say this based on what I've seen happen with people who never imagined, pre-breakup, that they would instigate or be on the receiving end of physical violence -- or worse.

No one ever believes it will happen to them. No one.

i really don't have any option to move out. Nor does he. Until the house sells, we are both trapped there. We have literally zero money that isn't tied up in the house. Neither of us has family nearby that we can realistically stay with.

I will say that I am 100% confident that there will be no violence or even vindictiveness. But if it did come down to that, I am 100% confident I could take him in a fight! I'm pretty badass now.

i really don't have any option to move out. Nor does he. Until the house sells, we are both trapped there. We have literally zero money that isn't tied up in the house. Neither of us has family nearby that we can realistically stay with.

I will say that I am 100% confident that there will be no violence or even vindictiveness. But if it did come down to that, I am 100% confident I could take him in a fight! I'm pretty badass now.

Maybe. As long as the fight does not involve a weapon. Danger Will Robinson, Danger.