Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress-induced Weight Loss

i really don't have any option to move out. Nor does he. Until the house sells, we are both trapped there. We have literally zero money that isn't tied up in the house. Neither of us has family nearby that we can realistically stay with.

I will say that I am 100% confident that there will be no violence or even vindictiveness. But if it did come down to that, I am 100% confident I could take him in a fight! I'm pretty badass now.

Maybe. As long as the fight does not involve a weapon. Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

If you knew my husband, you would know how absurd a notion that is! He seems to be doing a bit better these last two days. Kind of in a numb denial I think. He has therapy this evening, so hopefully that will help some.

You are the one who knows best. others are speaking out of their own experience, things they have seen. and they care about you and want to know that you are ok. I am glad you've been able to halt the weight loss. I was afraid you'd have to hold back on the running, and I know how therapeutic walking or running can be when you are going through a hard time.

"If you knew my husband, you would know how absurd a notion that is! He seems to be doing a bit better these last two days. Kind of in a numb denial I think. He has therapy this evening, so hopefully that will help some."

@@Christinamo7 Actually, this morning I was down to 153.0 out of nowhere. Had been steady at 154.4 for two days then BAM! Down another 1.4 pounds.....

@@JamieLogical I figure any up and down within a 5 pound range is probably just normal life - but let's not see it continue. I want to see you able to keep up your running.

Sorry Jamie :(

Funny (well not so much funny but coincidencedently) my husband and I are going through a bit of a rough patch. Afyer being together for almost 30 years, we've been through them before, but this one feels.....different. Unlike you, like I explained before, I've put on a few pounds and am finding it hard to get the motivation to excersise :(

Lurking on this thread feeling sad for both of you Jamie & Babbs.

I don't know either of your individual circumstances but it's sad to see two solid rocks on this site in these situations simultaneously.

Take care of yourselves...both of you. Hugs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

@@HopeandAgony

You're a doll. Thanks :)

Although I've absolutely denied it before in many threads, I honestly do wonder if the surgery is the cause of marital strife, even unintended? When he had RNY 10 years ago, no issues. If anything, we became closer. Weird, right?

I guess marriage counseling will help answer that.

@@Babbs I hope you get the answers. one thing I know in a long term relationship - there are ups and downs. I am not the same woman my husband married 19 years ago. he is not the same either. growing old SUCKS. We also go through good times and bad times. so it could be connected, could be not.

You'll see me get a little nervous - and I think perhaps my weight loss may possibly stall a bit when I get south of 180, because he has never liked 'little' women. and subconsciously I think that may cause me to falter, that will be smaller than he has ever known me. trying to look that beast in the EYE now, in hopes of taking the wind out of it's sails. and of course, in part it will depend on how the man acts when I get to that place.

wishing you the very best. and I hope you can find a manner of exercise that allows you to vent some of the stress.

@@HopeandAgony

You're a doll. Thanks :)

Although I've absolutely denied it before in many threads, I honestly do wonder if the surgery is the cause of marital strife, even unintended? When he had RNY 10 years ago, no issues. If anything, we became closer. Weird, right?

I guess marriage counseling will help answer that.

It's definitely something to think about.

I was previously married for 10 years. Got divorced over 10 years ago. I've since remarried (someone else of course) and have been married for almost 7 years.

I am also a mental health patient (OCD and anxiety) and have taken medication my adult life. I had to make a medication change since being sleeved but absolutely cannot be without it.

It's hard to imagine something changing between my husband and I but seeing you and Jamie go through this does give me some anxiety (it's my worrying nature of course).

I really hope you can work things out if that is what you want. It's a rough road, but one way or another you will come out stronger. Just believe that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I don't think surgery was so much the CAUSE of the issues in our marriage so much as an indication of how different we truly are and how we hope to achieve happiness. My surgery was just one major example of how I strive to constantly improve myself and grow. Whereas my husband is content to stagnate. It's certainly not the only example of that though.

I don't think surgery was so much the CAUSE of the issues in our marriage so much as an indication of how different we truly are and how we hope to achieve happiness. My surgery was just one major example of how I strive to constantly improve myself and grow. Whereas my husband is content to stagnate. It's certainly not the only example of that though.

Yes, this makes a lot of sense.