Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are/were you looking forward to being able to do post-surgery?

I am looking forward to take off my shirt at the beach (I didn't do so since I was a teenager).

I want to look at my image at the mirror and not be angry at the image I see reflected.

I want to be able to enjoy exercising and not to see it as yet another nightmare I have to face.

I want to be HAPPY and be there for my family for many more years.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My goal- simple. The thing that finally pushed me over the edge to have surgery.

Last summer we went on campus tours with my oldest looking at colleges. I missed most of them while I sat and waited because I simply couldn't walk around. This fall, I have every intention of visiting him on parents weekend and walking all around the university.

Then next summer and the summer after that, I'll walk those campus tours with my next two kids!

@@LisaMergs we must be close to the same age. My oldest is 17. He's graduating next year. I'm hoping I have my surgery in time to look great for family grad pics.

Here is one I forgot and just realized this weekend - I was so looking forward to my shirts being small enough that they would stop falling off hangers! I have achieved that and just realized this weekend that my now size "large" shirts (not 22/24 or 2X/3X) actually fit the hangers! :D

Crossing my legs, have never been able to do that comfortably as I have always been overweight.

I live in a second floor apartment and dread walking up and down the stairs, I'm excited to not get winded and exhausted after very little activity.

I'm sure I'll keep thinking of more!

I am looking forward to being able to pull my knees up to my chest (to paint my toes), comfortably get on the floor to play with my dogs and get back up on my own. I want to walk every where and not get winded. I want to fit in airline and car seats comfortably. I am looking forward to shopping for new clothes in my own closet as I have some wonderful clothes that are too small for me to wear!

I look forward to seeing my jawline and cheek bones again. They have been gone way too long!

To go running and buy cute workout clothes :-) and to be able to walk in heels all day

Little tia

This past weekend we went camping with some friends and we were on the lake with kayaks and paddle boards. I am looking forward to the moment post surgery when I don't wonder- what is the weight limit on this thing? I hope I don't look like an idiot.

I am looking forward to sitting in a booth comfortably, or in a chair with sides like on an airplane or older theater with cheap seats. The last time that I have to specify that I need a table and chairs so I can fit.

I am looking forward to being able to go up flights of stairs at work (hospital) and not feel like I'm going to pass out.

I am looking forward to telling my bf that I NEED new clothes cause the ones I have don't fit.

My goal is to be healthy, and be able to walk without pain, in my knees, and feet. I love touring different cities, and States. Take a long walk to the Baseball Stadium, without having to stop. This is will be my fountain of youth.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Be comfortable! It seems like I am at a weight that it hurts to stand, sit or lay down let alone do anything else in life. I am looking forward to being comfortable again!

I want to be able to bike again and be comfortable while doing it. I could never find a seat that fit me. Also to walk without pain in knees or back. To buy clothes in section not labeled "plus", that is not located in corner away from everyone else. Also, just to feel satisfied when eating.

This past weekend we went camping with some friends and we were on the lake with kayaks and paddle boards. I am looking forward to the moment post surgery when I don't wonder- what is the weight limit on this thing? I hope I don't look like an idiot.

I really hope to be able to wear a bathing suit for the first time in my life...I'll be 26 in September????

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App