Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i had my sleeve on 4/15/16 and lost 27lbs so far, i mean im not really eating much alot of liquids up to this point and have 1 more week on pureed foods...Today when i seen my doctor he said he would have liked to see more of a weight loss and a additional 40lbs come my next appt on 7/14/16....I cant wrap my head around loosing 40lbs in 2months especially that its not liquids anymore now pureed then back to solids.....Is it really possible to loose 40lbs in 2nonths??? I hope i make sense on explaining the issue....Im really stressing over the thoughts of this....

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on losing 27 lbs so far! Don't stress about the pace of weight loss. It will come off when it comes off. If you stick to the basic guidelines given to you and get in your Water, Protein and exercise, you'll do fine. This is not a sprint and there is no bigger reward for those that lose fast versus those that lose slow. Good luck!

IMO your surgeon needs to be taken out back and and horsewhipped. Losing 27 lbs in a little over 3 weeks is an incredibly fast rate of weight loss. Maybe he was looking at the wrong numbers or something.

20 lbs per month is possible from here on out but I think to have it as an expectation is extremely unreasonable.

Please just focus on following your plan and stop stressing about numbers. It isn't going to help you and I don't think your doctor is helping you with these unrealistic expectations and crazy pressures. I'm usually all about listening to your team, your surgeon knows best, etc. etc. but frankly I am just really angry at your doctor right now.

And......if you don't, what in the world does he think he can do about it besides fat-shame you? - which is pretty unprofessional for a bariatric surgeon.

27 pounds in less than a month is awesome.

@DMH82

I agree with everyone else that 27 is SUPER, but you cannot expect a person who starts out at 220 and needs to lose 80 pounds to lose 67 of it in 3 months, that is insane IMO.

If you start weight is higher, had bypass, under 35 years of age or so, I might could see his reasoning.

I lost around 20lbs in the first month. My doctor hinted at a larger loss at the next visit - 3 months later. When I went back 3 months later I was looking for a fight because I had ONLY lost 38lbs. He (doctor) came in the door and was telling me I was doing great and to keep it up, wtf? So I called him out about his statement 3 months earlier. He admitted that he knew by challenging me that I would push to make the 40.

So I have his 'number' now.

I actually saw him today and even though I am not where I think he would like me to be, he never said a word, except, "WOW!"

You've done great! I agree with everyone else. Your surgeon sounds like an unprofessional oaf. He should know better than to place unrealistic goals on patients, many of whom have had a lifetime of failed diet attempts. Yes, this the period of maximum weight loss, but its also the time to change your mindset and develop a new relationship with food. If you're trying to conform your eating to meet his arbitrary goal, you'll never change your mindset in the necessary way. My advice, for what it's worth, is to keep doing what your doing and don't let him and his "goal" derail you! Good luck . . . keep going!!!!

Your surgeon is ridiculous. Most surgeons don't set time-based weight loss goals and that is for good reason. There are a lot of things you CAN control, but the pace at which the scale moves isn't one of them. If you stick to your plan and stay active, you WILL lose the weight but how fast it decides to come off isn't really up to you or your surgeon.

you've done great so far.

in my experience yes, 40 pounds in two months is doable. But that was me. I lost 150 lbs in 6 months

Well, it all depends on how big you are. The larger you are the more weight you should be losing at the start. I was 200 lbs overweight and I lost 100 lbs in less than 6 months, which is on target for the rate I should be losing. If you were very large like me and you are not losing at the rate you should be losing then the doctor may be worried.

When you are really big your body needs thousands of calories a day just to maintain that size and move that big honking body around. So when you stop eating like that you will begin to lose weight extremely fast and then it will taper down and slow down to normal weight loss rates.

Your doctor is a dick!

And he's an idiot, too.

Really sorry about that.

its pretty disappointing that your doctor would say that to be honest. not very supportive. it comes off when it comes off just keep doing the right things. and yes, it is possible but like everyone is saying - this is a marathon not a sprint. best of luck to you!

Thank each of every1 of u for taking the time to share ur opinions with me...I def feel better after reading the comments...Im goig to stick to what im suppose to and keep my 1 to 2 mile a day walks and let the weight cone off as it should....Again, thankx....

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App