Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I currently seen a story about a lady that was pregnant when she had surgery.. Neither her nor her doctor knew that she was pregnant because before surgery they only do urine test which she was too early to detect it.

Well well well comes to find out I'm in the same situation and it is killing me. I had surgery on March 29 and at the time I was 2-3 weeks pregnant... Everyday it is hard BC I am sooooooooooooooo sick..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow! Congratulations! I imagine you are probably scared to death, but just hang in there! I'd like to say the morning sickness doesn't last forever, but it sure feels like it and with just having surgery, a lot of the helper things are gone like hard candies and ginger ale. Praying for you and your little one to have a safe and healthy 9 month.

Oh wow! Congratulations! I imagine you are probably scared to death, but just hang in there! I'd like to say the morning sickness doesn't last forever, but it sure feels like it and with just having surgery, a lot of the helper things are gone like hard candies and ginger ale. Praying for you and your little one to have a safe and healthy 9 month.

Yes I'm scared... I hate awaken everyday.. It's horrible..

Make sure that you bring your nutritionist onboard to help you with this problem.

Wow. Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy.

This does surprise me because of the stress my surgeon placed on birth control and pregnancy prevention/testing pre-op. I am a 51 year old single woman who is not in a relationship and it would be a miracle if I were pregnant, and still got all the education and testing to make sure I was not pregnant.

I agree to make sure that your NUT, OB/GYN, and bariatric team are all looped in.

Sending you hugs and wishing you and your family all the best!

The day before surgery I decided to take a pregnancy test due to the reason that it had beed 9 days past the day I was suppose to have gotten my period. To my surprise it was a faint positive and after a complete 5 minutes it was clearly a +

I was scared, angry and everything because I had waited so long to have the surgery and at the end a positive pregnancy test was about to stop me. I decided I would go in and not mention anything as in the hospital they would obviously do a pregnancy test. I do admit Since all I was able to drink after midnight was the special gatorade drink and Water, I did have a lot of Water to ease the hunger up until 2 hours before I went to the hospital. To my surprise the urine pregnancy test was Negative at the hospital. That was such a relieve for me. I got my surgery and 2 days after surgery while at the hospital I got my heavy period.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The day before surgery I decided to take a pregnancy test due to the reason that it had beed 9 days past the day I was suppose to have gotten my period. To my surprise it was a faint positive and after a complete 5 minutes it was clearly a +

I was scared, angry and everything because I had waited so long to have the surgery and at the end a positive pregnancy test was about to stop me. I decided I would go in and not mention anything as in the hospital they would obviously do a pregnancy test. I do admit Since all I was able to drink after midnight was the special gatorade drink and Water, I did have a lot of Water to ease the hunger up until 2 hours before I went to the hospital. To my surprise the urine pregnancy test was Negative at the hospital. That was such a relieve for me. I got my surgery and 2 days after surgery while at the hospital I got my heavy period.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wish this was my case.. Do I feel horrible for having surgery? Yes I do. My doctor told me I was the 3rd case my question is why they haven't started doing blood test to avoid this? 3 strikes you out I feel blood test are always better this could've been avoid..

Prayers that all will be okay. I would encourage anyone having surgery and there's any possibility of pregnancy to request a blood test.

This is sooooooo true. I should've asked for blood.

Wow. Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy.

This does surprise me because of the stress my surgeon placed on birth control and pregnancy prevention/testing pre-op. I am a 51 year old single woman who is not in a relationship and it would be a miracle if I were pregnant, and still got all the education and testing to make sure I was not pregnant.

I agree to make sure that your NUT, OB/GYN, and bariatric team are all looped in.

Sending you hugs and wishing you and your family all the best!

Thank you but my OBGYN recommend termination due to I have a hemorrhage.

@@Kimmey16 I am so sorry... this must be very stressful. Try to not let it derail you and know you can have a healthy pregnancy and baby after your weight is healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

@@Kimmey16 I am so sorry... this must be very stressful. Try to not let it derail you and know you can have a healthy pregnancy and baby after your weight is healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Yes it is..I wasn't trying and will most likely not try again. I have a 7 year old that we are doing just find.. Don't think I want anymore kids.. I asked to have my tubes tied, clipped and burn.. I'm finish with kiddos...

Awe Kimmey, so sorry that you are going through all this stress. I hope everything works out for you sugar. Sending my prayers to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Awe Kimmey, so sorry that you are going through all this stress. I hope everything works out for you sugar. Sending my prayers to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. I just call the doctor to see about reversal BC this is tooooooo much for me.. Never image it would've went like this... Holding on to faith and prayers..