Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had an easy recovery from what I've read. I'm able to drink my Water, G2, broth, Popsicles, and Jello. On the first few days my stomach would cramp a little as soon as something would hit it but today I've not even had that happen much. Here's my concern--what if once I'm allowed to eat I don't get full after 2-4 oz? I read posts where you all are only eating tiny portions and I'm thinking...I just feel like I'm on a liquid diet and am scared I will still struggle with Portion Control again :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

-what if once I'm allowed to eat I don't get full after 2-4 oz?

Enough with the "what ifs". Follow the program and you'll do fine. ;)

Don't waste time worrying about what hasn't happened and concentrate on making things happen.

Pretty soon you're gonna be the one passing the information on to someone else. :)

Right after my surgery, 9 months ago, and for about 3 months, I was sure I was going to be my docs first failure, and I told him. Now I am down 95lbs and cannot believe it myself. My husband keeps reminding me of when I could not see the change and the weight loss was so slow, but 95lbs in 9 months is pretty good, good luck and try to stop worrying, it really does work, love my sleeve.

My surgery is a week from tomorrow........and I have this same worry. My brain tells me there is no reason for me to think this won't work for me.........(I guess it's my brain).....but then the "other" part of me says....."you've lost weight before and it came right back"......This has got to work!!! I am determined to make it work. I know the uneasy feelings are normal but I just want to get this show on the road.

@kmorri...exactly! Anxiety is par for people who've tried and failed and tried and failed. Finding this board has helped allay some of my fears but they still creep in ...lol

I was sleeved 5/3 and don't regret it at all!

Not only will you feel full, but in the beginning 2 T. of food will feel like thanksgiving

"Nope, no thank you...couldn't possibly eat another bite!" Also, I have only twice in 9 1/2 months felt hungry. BRAIN HUNGER is another beast, but that beast can be tamed. Please don't play the "What If" game, it is very dangerous. Be present in the now, and enjoy ALL aspects of "The Now." Good luck, you'll do fine.

I'm so glad someone asked this. I'm almost 3 weeks out and have no problem drinking and eating (yogurt, refried Beans, ricotta cheese). Granted I've never taken more than 4 or 5 bites (with a baby spoon) but I've yet to have a "full" feeling like some have expressed. I even asked my nurse if the doctor actually created a sleeve at my follow up. She laughed and said oh he did, trust me. I'm doubly concerned because my doctor had a hard time digging my band out (I'm a revision) and he said due to scar tissue, I have an exceptionally small sleeve. I can't get over the nagging feeling of "will I be the first failure?" Thank goodness for the sgb224 post... 95 lbs is AMAZING!!!! I've only lost 12 and am bummed... But hey, the scale is finally moving in the down direction so I'm thrilled I did this. Oh I do have a question though- what does "full" feel like? A cramp? A stuffed feeling? Will I get a warning? Sorry if these questions come across as stupid... I'm a newbie.

@@jaxmom, full feels like pressure, it can cause the hiccups, it can cause an ache in your chest or shoulder. Kinda full is unpleasant, full on full is painful. Your abdomen won't bloat like you've had thirds on thanksgiving because 80 % of your stomach is gone, but you will feel like your belt is WAY too tight. I still weigh/portion everything because .5 oz too much meat really makes a noticeable difference.

Thank you so much- this was incredibly helpful.