Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The BEST feeling in the world post op!

I want to know what everyone's best feeling in the world is post op no matter when you had the surgery.

I am 6 weeks post op, down 33 pounds, the best feeling in the world for me at this moment is giving away my fat clothes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

​Went to the symphony last month, not only could I fit in the seat without worrying about the people next to me...I could cross my legs as well...what a feeling!

My best feeling was waking up after surgery and knowing It actually happened. That I finally had something that would help me to permanently win against my life-long battle. ;)

My best feeling Ok, I can see where this is going......I was starting to add another one and I realized I have so many, this could go on and on and on. They all just feel so great. So, I'll leave it at one....besides everyone else's best will probably ring a bell for me too....... ^_^

One night, shortly after I had dropped that first thirty pounds, I rolled over in bed and realized that the bed felt bigger. Wait......the bed's not bigger - I'm smaller!

My favorite is still the bones. Every time I see or feel a new one I just bubble up with pure elation!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When my husband picked me up and I wasn't afraid to let him. :rolleyes:

best feeling in the world post op

@@miss_smiles

i am 4+ years PO

i am racking my brains which is my best feeling i've had post op

can't remember alllll my NSV's right now

tooooo many

its hard for me to say this is better than that

its like asking mom which of her 5 kids is her favorite

(we know the answer of course ;) )

some NSV's i'll never forget!!

wrapping a towel around my body

sitting in the middle seat of an airplane

walking to the phone (or anywhere) without huffing and puffing

saying good riddens to plus size clothes

walking past a mirror in Kohls, doing a double take!!

not being scared to get out of the house

doing Volunteer work at local hospital

sitting in one of those low plastic chairs for beach,

not being afraid i'll fall and break the chair

most important thing i will always remember

i'm the happiest person in the world!! (present sleevers et al people excluded!!)

kathy

I had mine done May 3rd also! I had lap band removed, hiatal hernia removed and sleeve gastrectomy on same day. I am waiting on my special moments!

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

God, there have been a lot of great moments.... right now the first one that comes to mind is finishing my first half marathon two weeks ago. *I* ran a half marathon! Me!

I am glad I'm able to do simple things like mopping the floor and going shopping without sitting down and taking breaks because of my back pain. Now I can walk for miles at one time without sitting down!

Being that I was 560+ pounds before, I've had MANY fantastic feelings since my op...

The physical changes...

The mental changes...

The not being dead and stuff..

Too many to list really...

But as far as 'the best'?

I truly believe that 'the best' is yet to come...

there is no aspect of my life that is not improved since surgery, and when you take that overall picture it adds up to me being one grateful girl.

but probably the best thing is the hope I have at having my life on a different trajectory than it was on before.

Best moment was when my 9 year old daughter hugged me and noticed she could finally touch her fingers when wrapping her arms around my waist!!