Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm worried I won't meet the set goal for preop diet

I'm so frustrated with my body! It just doesn't want to lose weight. I went to a biggest loser resort in December where I was in a controlled environment in the middle of nowhere eating what they gave me and working out 6 hours a day and did not lose. So now I am on a month long Optifast plan and am supposed to lose 14 pounds. If I don't they will cancel the surgery. It was TOM when first weighed in so I was carrying a lot of Water weight. That first week i lost 7 pounds due to loss of the water. The next week I lost 2. So I am down 9 pounds and have 5 more to go in 2 weeks. That doesn't seem like a lot but my TOM is coming back. I haven't lost anything this week according to my scale. I have cheated twice but the combined total of both cheats adds up to 1000 calories so only explains 1/3 of a pound. I am exercising, drinking 80oz of Fluid a day, and following the diet.

If they cancel this surgery, I will have to wait until August to get the surgery and have already been taken off the schedule for the month following my surgery date so I won't get the hours I need to maintain full time status and will lose my insurance. I don't know what to do :( any advice? I have 11 days before my final weigh in.

5 Optifast 800 shakes per day, 1 cup veggies with 1 tsp olive oil, 1small Apple, 3-4 ounces of lean meat

Water, crystal lite, and Decaf coffee

But honestly I keep forgetting to eat the apple. I'm not really a fruit fan

Do they make you drink Optifast? It has alot of carbs compared to others. Lower carb shakes might help a little. For what it's worth - I think it's crazy to give you a weight loss amount pre-op. Do you really think they'll cancel or is it a scare tactic?

Veggies are either carrots, broccoli, celery, bell peppers, or mushrooms and meats have been tilapia, lean beef, and chicken

Yes they require Optifast and they have cancelled other people's surgeries when they didn't hit the goal

Maybe I should do my own thing the last week?

I was in the same dilema my dr told me I had to loose 15 lbs in 5 days CRAZY RIGHT.I sat there and told my dr that's impossible. He had me drink 4 Protein shakes a day no food.the day I had to go in to get weighed ibwas really nervous .I got on the scale I couldn't belive it I lost 14.8 pounds .

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Hey Kat,

Do these last 2 weeks clear liquid and protien shakes. Rule, NEVER more than 4 total carbs in your Meal Replacement. I am 4 days post op. My doc puts her pts on 2 weeks liquid prior to surgery. sugar free Jello, broth, keep it at about 60 grms protien per day. I started on 1 Meal Replacement Jan 4. Went to two Meal Replacements mid March, all liquid on April 14. Went from 291 to 248. Let me know how I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok. I will change things up. I wonder how many people actually make their goal by following their plan

20 grams of carbs per shake is high. I'm surprised they require that. Try using Premier Protein shakes. They have 30 grams of Protein, 1 gram of sugar, and 5 grams of carb per shake and 160 calories, and they taste great. You can also do Kellogg's Protein Shakes. They aren't bad tasting. They have 10 grams protein per shake.

I would also do the liquid diet like the others have said. You'll get there.

STOP STRESSING!!! I was the same way only I had quit smoking and gained 17 lbs and had to lose that in addition to the 15 the surgeon wanted me to lose. Just relax...your body produces cortisol when you stress and that will make your body think its in a crisis and hold on to fat...take a breath...relax...your presurgery diet is mainly to shrink your liver enough so the surgeon can do procedure laprascopically...you will be fine...follow your program, switch to the premier shakes if you can they are better for you and just relax.

I did...on surgery date was down exactly what i needed to be...you will be fine.

See you on the loser bench!

Edited by pmanley

I think I'm losing again!!

I upped my Water today and went on a long hike and it seemed to help