Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

I'm the 16th too!! I was put in a cancellation spot and just start my pre op diet tomorrow morning. I'd love to buddy up with someone! I am afraid of the surgery itself and the recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There's a whole bunch of us on this thread for the 16th so you have lots of buddies.......I'm also a member of a secret Facebook group for May and June surgeries....if you want to give me your email address I'll send you and invite so you can join that group.....lots of good support there!

I'm the 16th too!! I was put in a cancellation spot and just start my pre op diet tomorrow morning. I'd love to buddy up with someone! I am afraid of the surgery itself and the recovery.

Edited by kmorri

I got it and sent the invite.

That would be awesome!! I sent my email in a message!

There's a whole bunch of us on this thread for the 16th so you have lots of buddies.......I'm also a member of a secret Facebook group for May and June surgeries....if you want to give me your email address I'll send you and invite so you can join that group.....lots of good support there!

I sent you a msg too. Would love to be added to the FB group. Thank you! :)

I sent you a msg too. Would love to be added to the FB group. Thank you! :)

Yes I got it and added you....... anyone that would like to be added to the May and June sleevers facebook group just send me your email address and I'll add you. It's a secrete group so only members of the group can see posts....it's a very safe place.

I'm on day 6 too! Stuggling to get all these fluids in! And all these vitamins! How do you do it?! I know I will probably have to go get chewables asap!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

@@scampbell33, this diet is just hell on Earth, isn't it?

Water: I drink a lot of it anyway, but I do have to work at it to get this much. I believe that the more I drink, the less hideous my fasting side effects are. I seem to do better in general with more Water. I use a tracker to keep up with how much I've had (personally I use Fitbit but there are many other free apps to track food & water). Are you tracking?

Vitamins: My doctor just wants me on a good multi right now + D and magnesium. I normally have many more Vitamins to take every day than I do now pre-op, so that part isn't impacting me. I also have quite a few prescription drugs. I use a big pill sorter that has AM, PM and 7 days of the week compartments. I just sort them all into that once a week and done.

My biggest struggles are the exhaustion and the deprivation. My brain is not firing on all cylinders at work or in general. I start out okay in the morning, but by the afternoon I'm just whipped, in every way. Ugh. I'm just trying to keep my eye on the prize. Hang in there!

Lolol! Totally! Yes yes yes! Me too! & to top that all off, I'm sooo gassy! Lol.... but "keeping my eyes on the prize!!" Well said... & I don't track!! I have GOT to start that... what are the apps? That's great news! Thanks!

@@scampbell33 There's a free app named Baritastic....it's works really well and allows you to track everything and even has a timer for post surgery for timing the wait times between eating and drinking.....

If you have a fitbit you can track your food and Water using that as well. good luck!!!

@@scampbell33 There's a free app named Baritastic....it's works really well and allows you to track everything and even has a timer for post surgery for timing the wait times between eating and drinking.....

If you have a fitbit you can track your food and Water using that as well. good luck!!!

Thanks a bunch

So what are all my 16th surgery buddies up to this morning?.....Are we all ready? I started throwing a few things in a bag this morning. I can't believe how close we are!!! What's everyone feeling? Right now I'm mostly excited....a little nervous, but mostly excited!!!

So what are all my 16th surgery buddies up to this morning?.....Are we all ready? I started throwing a few things in a bag this morning. I can't believe how close we are!!! What's everyone feeling? Right now I'm mostly excited....a little nervous, but mostly excited!!!

I'm pretty scared/anxious. I've been taking a lorazepam to go to bed each night for the past 2 nights. Things I'm scared about include: the surgery itself; the recovery and potential complications, and hair loss (I have thin, fine hair to begin with and really can't afford to lose any). My surgeon doesn't require a liquid diet until 24 hours before so I a bit nervous about what Sunday is going to be like. I'm also scared about the social repercussions as I have a lot of friends that I haven't told.

With all that said, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I thought about this decision for a year before I made it and slowly started the process. And I have such bad osteoarthritis and plantar fasciitis with a lot of pain and mobility impairment (esp. now that I can't take NSAIDS before surgery or afterward for awhile). I'm so hopeful that once I lose a significant amount of weight I might actually be pain-free or at least have greatly reduced pain and greatly improved mobility. I'm also looking forward to smaller size clothes options, let's be real here. But health is my main motivator. I'm in my early-mid 40s and I without taking this step, I can't imagine what the next half of my life (one can only hope) would look like. So, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

I'm pretty scared/anxious. I've been taking a lorazepam to go to bed each night for the past 2 nights. Things I'm scared about include: the surgery itself; the recovery and potential complications, and hair loss (I have thin, fine hair to begin with and really can't afford to lose any). My surgeon doesn't require a liquid diet until 24 hours before so I a bit nervous about what Sunday is going to be like. I'm also scared about the social repercussions as I have a lot of friends that I haven't told.

With all that said, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I thought about this decision for a year before I made it and slowly started the process. And I have such bad osteoarthritis and plantar fasciitis with a lot of pain and mobility impairment (esp. now that I can't take NSAIDS before surgery or afterward for awhile). I'm so hopeful that once I lose a significant amount of weight I might actually be pain-free or at least have greatly reduced pain and greatly improved mobility. I'm also looking forward to smaller size clothes options, let's be real here. But health is my main motivator. I'm in my early-mid 40s and I without taking this step, I can't imagine what the next half of my life (one can only hope) would look like. So, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

I agree with you.....my health is my main reason. I'm 56 years old and quite frankly I think I'm having this surgery just in time! I know without a doubt that at any moment something very serious could go wrong with my health.....I can just feel it! So I think having this done now will greatly improve how my future looks......and I can't lie either.....looking better will make me feel better too!!!

Edited by kmorri

May 16 is my surgery date, too!! I'm having the gastric sleeve. Just completed my pre-op nutrition appointment. Next is surgery. In excited but very nervous!!

Which Protein shakes are you all using? I use Quest. I like it, but just would like to know if there's something better out there.

May 16 is my surgery date, too!! I'm having the gastric sleeve. Just completed my pre-op nutrition appointment. Next is surgery. In excited but very nervous!!

Which Protein shakes are you all using? I use Quest. I like it, but just would like to know if there's something better out there.

I'm using unjury and also Quest. To me the Quest are the best tasting. I love the Cookies and cream!

@@arredondok also if you have a frozen pop mold, the Quest Cookies and cream make wonderful frozen treat!!!