Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody!

Well so far I have been doing pretty well, I have lost give or take a few pounds of 25 lbs so far (sometimes its -23lbs, -25lbs, -22lbs it varies). However, for the last week I have not lost one pound at all. I have been eating more although am not eating over 800 cals but I continue to stay the same weight. DO you think it is what I am eating? I have been eating more carb rich foods like potatoes and sometimes I eat low fat crackers. I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op and I am grateful for what I have lost so far but I feel like I am cheating or something because when my hubby asks if I have lost any more weight I am embarrased to say no.

I'm only 11 days post op.....so I am by no means an expert.....but in my nutrition classes they were advising to make sure you getting any food.....with such low calories sometimes your body will go into a "survival" mode and think it is staving and hold on to everything. So I make sure that mid morning, mid afternoon and evening that I have a v8, a little yogurt, some Jello or even a little Soup or Protein shake. I never feel hungry and I really do feel fantastic. The other very important point they made was to make sure that Protein is a priority/then veges/then carbs.....meaning most calories from protein sources then veges and then carbs.

Hope this helps!

All the best! Sounds like you are doing great!

Thank you for your suggestions I will try to eat more often but in less amounts and concentrate on Protein. I thought since I am drinking Protein Shakes that I wouldn't need as much protein since it is diffiult to get down. I get about 50g + protein from the shakes and some from eating but I get what you are saying. I was glad to see a loss today of a pound so maybe my body is getting out of starvation mode.

Are you exercising at all? I got to a point, where my weight loss stalled, and stayed a minimal pound here or there, until I began walking, and working out some, and then it really started coming off fast again!

You might also try to up your caloric intake for a few days, to jump start your metabolism again, that was suggested by a nutritionist.

Good Luck!

Kat

Up my calories...I love the thought of that! I will try that and up my exercise while I am at it. I walk alot a day but I don't have a set exercise shedule so I think it is time I schedule one. THanks for the suggestions!

Thank you all so much...I can't wait until the day I can fit back into my "skinny clothes" again. I have been heavy my entire life and about two years ago I lost 70 lbs on my own. I bought my first size 16 jeans since elementary school (seriously) and I was so grateful to fit in them. Then of course little by little I gained it all back plus 15 pounds more. Now I have all the clothes I bought in a bin until I can finally fit in them again, cant wait!

I had stalled for the past few weeks, bouncing between the same four pounds! Arrrrgghh! I was averaging 1000-1400 calories a day. I had been losing on about 1800 to 2200 a day pre-op. So I have gone back to the higher level for a few days now and bam! Six pounds gone. I'm pleased as heck!

WOW FaithMD that is awesome. I really need to up my cals I think because when I had the surgery for the first week I am sure I was not reaching even 100 cals and slowly I have been increasing my cals. I think my body went into shock from such a low cal count. Now I eat maybe 600-800 tops and I was at a standstill for a week whereas before I was averaging a loss of a pound or two a day. I think I also lost alot of muscle in that time.

I'm still not banded -- this week, prayers lifted! BUT, I've dieted enough to know my body and if I restrict too much for too long, it'll shut down on me. All appetite disappears and the losing stops.

I HAVE TO 'cheat' for a day or two to get myself kickstarted again!

Problem is -- unbanded -- the 'cheat' can snowball and lead from a 'day or two' to a 'week or two' and pretty soon, I've put the weight I lost back on. And my body is proud -- it successfully foiled another starvation attempt!!!

:P

My prayer is, with this TOOL (the band!) I will be able to keep those 'cheats' in proportion and under MY control.

Pam<----tired of my body always getting the upper hand!:)

How do you do one of those "ticker factory"'s? They are interesting to see at a glance the weight-loss journey of users on the site.

remember, this is also time for healing ... until you get your first (maybe few) fills, it is difficult and you may even gain.

just do the best you can and see what happens when you get your fills ... :blush:

Hey everybody!

Well so far I have been doing pretty well, I have lost give or take a few pounds of 25 lbs so far (sometimes its -23lbs, -25lbs, -22lbs it varies). However, for the last week I have not lost one pound at all. I have been eating more although am not eating over 800 cals but I continue to stay the same weight. DO you think it is what I am eating? I have been eating more carb rich foods like potatoes and sometimes I eat low fat crackers. I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op and I am grateful for what I have lost so far but I feel like I am cheating or something because when my hubby asks if I have lost any more weight I am embarrased to say no.

RN2be2008

You were banded the same day as me and have lost more than me (i am at 21 lbs as of last thursday and only lost 1 pound that week)...

I think 25 is good - don't get on the scales everyday - I only weight once a week and may change that to monthly. I haven't weighted this week (Thursday is weight day) so wish me luck.

When I complained about losing only 1 lbs last week someone indicated that i might be underestimating my calories and i do keep a food diary - so i went and bought this scale that give me calories for what ever i am weighing - also i am going to the gym and walking on the treadmill - doc says i can do that and arms but nothing with the tummy muscles as they are still healing.

This is a 2 yr process - so be patient... My best to you

You do need to "challenge' your metabolism. I "overeat" about 3-4 times per week, so as to always keep my metabolism going. This works for me, and is a great excuse to indulge in ice cream!