Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved! Good bye band, hello sleeve!

I have been soooo nervous about whether or not I would be approved for my revision, but I called BCBS yesterday and was approved! So grateful, yet extremely worried and nervous. My husband is being sleeved this Monday, May 2. This was the original plan. We both get sleeved and he goes first to start tackling his diabetes! But now that it's so close, I am pretty much a nervous wreck. We aren't youngsters like so many others out there in Bariatric Pal Land, lol. I hope we can withstand the pain/discomfort and carb withdrawal! I know I'm not saying anything new!!

You will both be fine. If there is one virtue that will carry you through this whole journey, it's patience. So you, as older people, probably have a leg up on most people in that department.

@@SusanB55 - team sleeving!!!! Awesome :D

I was 52 when I had surgery May 2015, I have NO REGRETS.

Was it easy? For me, yes. I was truly lucky, no issues (vomiting, pain, etc).

My hubby (he is now 60) began eating healthier with me and lost 25-30lbs (he didn't have surgery) so has been a win-win for us.

To have your SO "on-board" is very, very, helpful so you guys will kick butt!

When is your date?

@@SusanB55 -team sleeving!!!! Awesome :D

Was it easy? I was truly lucky, no issues (vomiting, pain, etc).

My hubby (he is now 60) began eating healthier with me and lost 25-30lbs (he didn't have surgery) so has been a win-win for us.

When is your date?

Aww thank you! I hope we kick butt! My husband just turned 65 and I just turned 56 so we are definitely older than most on here. I hope we are as fortunate as you to breeze through without too many problems! Good for you!

@@SusanB55 -team sleeving!!!! Awesome :D

Was it easy? I was truly lucky, no issues (vomiting, pain, etc).

When is your date?

Aww thank you! I hope we kick butt! My husband just turned 65 and I just turned 56 so we are definitely older than most on here. I hope we are as fortunate as you to breeze through without too many problems! Good for you!

Oh, I just found out yesterday so no date yet. Might still have to have EGD done, but i should know more later today I think. My husband is having surgery this Monday. Aaaaagh

That is awesome!! I'm 44, and 2 months out :) I have lost a total of 54 since I started my pre opp diet on Feb 8th. No carb withdraws at all, I don't find it's hard to say no. Honestly you can't eat a while lot and you learn to just be picky about what you do eat. I have had no issues other than 1 case of acid reflux. Good luck to you and your hubby!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Good news on your revision being approved.

No more ports to worry about. No more fills.

I've found my sleeve to be extremely easy to live with. The only times I've had heartburn has been when I've had coffee and Advil on mornings following a spicy food for dinner. I was a frequent adder of jalapeño & habanero peppers to a great deal of what I cooked & grilled. I love some spicy rubs, too. I've had to tone things down a small amount and realize that those spices are even more concentrated as I consume them without the carb loaded side dishes I was accustomed to eating along with them. At my 6 month check in I was encouraged to slowly add in vegetables in smallish amounts to my meals. Perhaps this will help me keep on spicing up the meats. :D

Sleeve has been trouble free. I hope that yours and your husbands are equally agreeable.

I think it is awesome that you are doing this together.

Once you both get back to what normal eating is (was around 2-3 months for me) you will be in sync. You'll go out for dinners and be ordering some very small quantities and laughing about it. food prep at home will be simple and easy. You'll have those same post-op wonderment feels, too. Shared awesomeness !!!!

Good news on your revision being approved.

No more ports to worry about. No more fills.

I've found my sleeve to be extremely easy to live with. The only times I've had heartburn has been when I've had coffee and Advil on mornings following a spicy food for dinner. I was a frequent adder of jalapeño & habanero peppers to a great deal of what I cooked & grilled. I love some spicy rubs, too. I've had to tone things down a small amount and realize that those spices are even more concentrated as I consume them without the carb loaded side dishes I was accustomed to eating along with them. At my 6 month check in I was encouraged to slowly add in vegetables in smallish amounts to my meals. Perhaps this will help me keep on spicing up the meats. :D

Sleeve has been trouble free. I hope that yours and your husbands are equally agreeable.

I think it is awesome that you are doing this together.

Once you both get back to what normal eating is (was around 2-3 months for me) you will be in sync. You'll go out for dinners and be ordering some very small quantities and laughing about it. food prep at home will be simple and easy. You'll have those same post-op wonderment feels, too. Shared awesomeness !!!!

Thank you! Your words really uplifted me! So you were a revision also? Did your surgeon do both procedures in same surgery?

Leaving in 30 minutes to take my husband. Anxious!

Nope...not a revision.

I went from the original stomach to the VSG stomach.

I just know of the struggles that result from complications from banding.

You two are going to do really well !!!

Good luck to both of you!!! I'm excited for you guys. As for the carb withdrawal, it's a lot easier than you think. To be honest I haven't had any cravings for sweets or carbs. The harder part for me was meeting my Protein. It's a daily struggle, but I meet it. Week and half out, I'm meeting Protein and Water, down 10 lbs. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App