Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 post-0p. Feel cloudy, sleepy, anxious and sometimes nauseous

7 Days post-op..... wow what a difference. I went into the real persons world today and grocery shopped. The fog and confusion and anxiety has definitely lifted. I slept 8 hrs last night and again this afternoon for 2 hrs. Current issues:

* Still have residual loose bowel twice daily

* Headaches on and off

* Fatigue

* Need to drink more Water

* HATE taking my chew-able poo flavored multi Vitamin so have ordered some of those Patches on the store.

How are you all feeling?

What you are feeling is pretty normal this early. I recall day 5 being my worst day, so take heart that it will get easier from here on out! 1/2 cup actually might be too much (depending on how long it is taking you to drink it). For the nausea, you may have to get an anti-nausea med from the dr. I had to take it for quite some time. I had regrets for quite a while, but I can honestly tell you at 10 1/2 months and 110 pounds down, I do not regret it for one moment! Hang in there. Keep sipping Water. Not dehydrating is the most important part this early. And don't hesitate to call the dr if you need to. HUGS!

Thanks so much for your response. I rang doc re the anti-nausea med and he said rather not at this stage, and that nausea is expected and to try to work through it UHHH. How long were you on yours for post op? what did your doc prescribe?

Get some sea sick Patches....their anti-nausea....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

10 days post op, head feeling very clear now but very tired and every so often dizzy. Still have persistent low grade stomach ache/bloated feeling which is exacerbated and gets kind of nasty sometimes if i eat/drink something that my new anatomy disagrees with.

Good news.....Headaches gone, nausea gone, diarrhea gone, and I'm back to feeling alert and normal(ish).

Most annoying thing right now is this low grade stomach ache I have most of the time.... Does anyone else have this????

Edited by YumiMumi

Im 11 days and i have a sensitive stomach to sweets...yes i tried a piece of candy yesterday ????. Since my doc recommended i start exercising at 3 weeks, i do home activities or go on errands to the store walk a bit just to move around...after, i feel fatigued but ithink thats normal. I had that feeling of pain in my stomach as i ate or drank and what i did was slow down even more...that helped. No dizziness, no nausea only with sweets.. and i feel great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

10 days post op, head feeling very clear now but very tired and every so often dizzy. Still have persistent low grade stomach ache/bloated feeling which is exacerbated and gets kind of nasty sometimes if i eat/drink something that my new anatomy disagrees with.

Good news.....Headaches gone, nausea gone, diarrhea gone, and I'm back to feeling alert and normal(ish).

Most annoying thing right now is this low grade stomach ache I have most of the time.... Does anyone else have this????

I had something like a constant, nagging slight pain in my stomach. It went away though, but the first few weeks it always felt a little sore inside my stomach, and eating often hurt a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm day 14 today......... Feeling gazzilion billion times better than when I first posted this thread.

The constant low grade stomach ache has finally disappeared, but I still feel some discomfort as I eat/after I eat.

The only pain i have now is very mild (below ribs), especially on the left side for some reason, and exacerbated by walking while i carry a shopping bag (few pounds). Tiny bit of pain around incision. And still a feeling of tightness and swelling around the site. I assume this will pass????

I'm transitioning to mushy food today. Will try super scrambled eggs with some puree smoked salmon for lunch :-). Going to try a bit of a longer walk today.. trying to gradually get my step count back up again.

Down 20 pounds, which for me, is amazing..... I'm 40, and generally a slow loser, so pretty happy with that :-)

I'm with you! I'm at day 13. I have introduced some soft foods and tolerated them all well. I've lost 24 pounds. I have noticed since I've added a few foods.. my loss has slowed down. Maybe the first stall. But grr!

However, mostly all my pain is gone. I too get pains under my ribs and I still seem swollen in my abdomen. I reckon that will go away.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm with you! I'm at day 13. I have introduced some soft foods and tolerated them all well. I've lost 24 pounds. I have noticed since I've added a few foods.. my loss has slowed down. Maybe the first stall. But grr!

However, mostly all my pain is gone. I too get pains under my ribs and I still seem swollen in my abdomen. I reckon that will go away.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

@jccanada do you feel a tightness and a bit of swelling just below breast bone? I presume this is where most of the cutting has been done. I recall after I had my band out I felt like this for a while but cant recall when it resolved......