Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only two months out about to be three months an I'm wondering if I can have bread, rice and Pasta?

You CAN have whatever you want. The better question is SHOULD you have it. I personally did not have anything like that (high carb, no nutritive value) until I was well below goal.

Even at maintenance carbs are a slippery slope for me. When I add them to my diet, I crave them more. We are all adults. Be willing to except your outcome of food choices.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm 1 year post-op RNY and for me I've just said "NO"! I haven't had even one bite of bread, Pasta, rice, crackers, chips, etc. I feel it's just garbage and would lead me to a regain. That's just NOT gonna happen!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by beachgal2935

You've gotten some pretty good replies here so I will just tell you if I eat rice, bread, and Pasta...No! No! and No!

I am just about six months out and I was thoroughly warned about them. I have no plans to reintroduce them either.

I eat an English muffin with Peanut Butter every morning for Breakfast, and eat rice and Pasta occasionally and potato about once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Rice is evil to my tummy personally... so I would say No to rice. I have bread in moderation like half a bun or something with a burger (I don't eat burgers often). I have never been a big Pasta fan.. only eat it when I have mac n cheese (which is maybe once a month). & the way my tummy tolerates pasta is different every time I eat it.. varies a ton.

My sentiments and experiences exactly! I have an Occasional scooped out bagel with Turkey bacon as a Breakfast and lunch. Rice is like concrete, and pasta has been only twice since my surgery. I am working on a healthy relationship with food, rather than becoming a calorie count fanatic, just my choice.

I am three two months and a half out, I have lost 50 pounds and was never warned against rice, bread or Pasta... Well I was told to reduce it and eat brown rice and Pasta, and whole grain bread (I hate white bread anyway).

Twice a month I have pasta with salmon, or some rice with vegetables, even sushis (not a lot though). I have the occasional grilled slice of whole grain bread with hummus or cheese (French, Dutch and Belgian cheeses are quite good).

It's weird all the differences I see between my country and the USA. I was never asked to drink Protein shakes, or to stop coffee and tea, and still my weight loss is rather good, around 3 to 4 pounds a week for a month and a half, and I have not yet experienced a stall.

Try zoodles instead. Maybe sub a portabello for bread.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using the BariatricPal App

Try zoodles instead. Maybe sub a portabello for bread.< /p>

Sent from my GT-N7100 using the BariatricPal App

there are also great cauliflower rice recipes, and don't discount the spaghetti squash ^_^

I am three two months and a half out, I have lost 50 pounds and was never warned against rice, bread or Pasta... Well I was told to reduce it and eat brown rice and Pasta, and whole grain bread (I hate white bread anyway).

Twice a month I have pasta with salmon, or some rice with vegetables, even sushis (not a lot though). I have the occasional grilled slice of whole grain bread with hummus or cheese (French, Dutch and Belgian cheeses are quite good).

It's weird all the differences I see between my country and the USA. I was never asked to drink Protein shakes, or to stop coffee and tea, and still my weight loss is rather good, around 3 to 4 pounds a week for a month and a half, and I have not yet experienced a stall.

I always have to laugh when I see newbies say "I eat XX and I'm still losing weight!"

You can eat Twinkies and wash them down with milkshakes the first 6 months to a year and still lose weight.....

I didn't bread or rice until I was at goal and I don't eat it often. Rice feels weird and I feel too full after bread. Pasta I haven't really gone there.

I always have to laugh when I see newbies say "I eat XX and I'm still losing weight!"

You can eat Twinkies and wash them down with milkshakes the first 6 months to a year and still lose weight.....

I don't even know what Twinkies are and I have never had milkshake in my whole life. I just said my surgeon and my dietitian never told me anything wrong about brown pastas/rice and whole grain bread, I sure hope they know what they are doing since they studied around 9years to be there.

My mother also had a sleeve and still eat these things while maintaining 22 BMI, which is far from being bad.

And yes indeed I am a "newbie", I didn't come here for people to laugh at me or being condenscending. Have a nice day.

Belgium Guy, twinkles are gross, so you'r not missing anything, my nutritionist also said I could eat whole grain bread and Pasta, I just need to keep under 140 grams in carbs a day. I've lost 100 pounds and kept it off successfully for a year. Ignore the rudeness.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App