Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your doctor take a picture?

I haven't seen anybody mentioning it, so I thought I would ask. My dr. took 2 polaroid shots of the inside of my tummy during surgery- one of the liver and one with the band in place. She then gave it to me as a 'souvenir.'

Did anybody else's dr. do this?

How did they turn out. I wonder if they video tape each time they do the procedure as documation of how it was done etc.?

My photos turned out very nice- it's freaky to see your insides like that! I don't know about the video, might ask on my next appt.

No, but I have some fairly graphic pictures of most of my guts from when Eliza was born by caesarean! So much yellow blobby fat, ugh.

I have pictures of mine, too. Interesting, but not something I want to look at all the time. I don't think I would mind seeing a video if the doc made one, but I don't think she did.

My doctor took a polaroid of me on my first visit to him. I think he saves it for a before and after picture, to document your loss. Most doctors now photograph their surgeries. My laproscopic surgery on my shoulder and my knee were both photographed and videotaped. I got copies of both.

whoda thunk it. my doctor didnt give me any pictures so I'm assuming he didnt take any. I'd LOVE to see what this thing looks like in my body.

perhaps it would give me a better understanding of things that I feel inside. (when swallowing etc) great idea. kudos to your doc!

I got pics too and it grosses me out. My friends and family enjoyed seeing them though. . . does that make them stranger than me???

Yes, my doc did this as well. He also said I had a healthy liver which made me feel good. I think they give you the pictures to assure you it is in place and looks like it should.

Tracy- your pictures came out better than mine, better angles. Mine show a lot of fat all around the tummy, gross. And I only got three.

My liver also looks very healthy, that made me very relieved!

Wow, Tracy. Thanks for the pics. For someone who is thinking about having the surgery done, this really puts a new perspective on things!

My doctor also took pictures, but they're in my file in his office, not for me to keep. Some of this might be the doctor "covering his butt" to show that everything is where it should be.